Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you government c*nts...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 littletrin

That_Guy wrote: »
    http://www.fiannafail.ie/page/s/contact

Got a complaint? Then email them.

And then send your letter to Santa via the Chimney.

Then hold your breath, safe in the fact knowing that you've done your bit to help AND you're getting a surprise

Whats was it Chief Wiggam called that arsonist???... :confused::D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

TheZohan wrote: »
    Biggins flashing at people won't accomplish much....

Aye, all one inch of me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Tds are on holidays until end of september iirc.

There was a national day of protest organised by siptu a couple of months ago and ~100,000 marched- it achieved little

this shower couldnt care less about ordinary people, they will hang on to power for as long as possible.

I reckon you need to pick a saturday or sunday of a bank holiday and try and get at least 200,000 people on the streets and march on the dail.

I myself am well up for burning the dail to the ground....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Biggins wrote: »
    Aye, all one inch of me. :pac:

No need to brag.........:D

skelliser wrote: »
    ... this shower couldnt care less about ordinary people, they will hang on to power for as long as possible.

I reckon you need to pick a saturday or sunday of a bank holiday and try and get at least 200,000 people on the streets and march on the dail.

On their first day back there should be the biggest protest possible to make sure they get the message that the country is angry at their stupid, arsine decisions such as the one the OP mentioned!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Absolutely. :)

Another things I have been reading/hearing in the media is the NAMA issue.
    From all (and I mean "all") accounts, this thing is turning into one almighty fcuk-up already.
    One aspect alone, they forgot to allow, legislate for businesses that are already in trouble with banks so as the businesses sink, the bank will still get the money from the non-paid loans - guess who from - the tax payer.

Now we are not talking about small change here. We are talking BILLIONS... So much so that not one has been able to even guess how much the banks (and subsequently, it investors!!!) are going to further benefit at the cost to the rest of the public in extra taxes.

For example. one article amid many...

14uchhu.jpg

Fcuking madness.

No wonder the government is gagging those running things by state order!
    We have reached a scary point of no return if they get away with doing that alone!
    The future implications are horrendous.

The government have said that the purpose of NAMA is to get credit flowing to small businesses again. If that truly is the case, what I don't understand is why the government don't just set up a bank for the purposes of lending money to these businesses. This way small businesses get the credit they need without the taxpayer having to shoulder billions of euros of debt and worthless property.

Leave the property developers and banks to sort their own mess out; they didn't want government intervention during the boom, let them do without it now. Also, I think taxpayers would much rather see their money being used to help small Irish businesses than property developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Feed em to the pigs tbh Briktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

On their first day back there should be the biggest protest possible to make sure they get the message that the country is angry at their stupid, arsine decisions such as the one the OP mentioned!

Thats a really good idea and I would defintely be there. I will be the one with the burning effigy of Bertie 'Cnut' Ahern. I often wonder what it will take to get people en masse to get out there and say enough is enough? Why are Irish people in general so fcuking apathectic about ordinary people getting shafted day in and day out by the governement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

that's a very... profound statement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bordercat

"oh it's not fair and it's really not ok
    it's really not ok
    it's really not ok

oh you're supposed to care but all you do is take
    all you do is take........"

Lily has it sussed.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The real question here is why should these people be intitled to a double payment bonus in the first place?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Someone with small arms training should shoot the feckers at dawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

humberklog wrote: »

if only i could shoot straight, seriously though, they will get whats coming to them at the next general election, lets hope thats soon.

i have asked this before, has anyone tried to contact the green party, i have tried, seems their email is locked down, or is it just me that they dont want to talk to, this probably deserves a new thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

humberklog wrote: »

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

TheZohan wrote: »
    Now now, we can't vote NO to Lisbon, that's just ignorant.

Voting No is a vote against Europe, not our government.

Is nobody else suspicious of why they are so eager for us to vote yes???
    I mean, they can just set dates for re-elections of this kind, but we cant kick them out :confused::confused::confused:
    Just judgin on their past decision making talent, I'll be voting no just cause they want us to vote yes!!!

absolutely, and I also think that we should get all shafted groups of people to protest at the same time, teachers, mortage holders, the gardai, more heavily taxed/levied/pensioned. MAN!!! would that be a big crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Most Incoherent load of Bollocks ive read on AH in months.

You wont vote Yes to lisbon because you dont like the government?

If the government supported a YES vote in an an abortion referendum and you were personally in favour of a Yes vote would you vote NO just to "Stick it to the man"

Fcuking tripe.

If you dont like the government vote against them in general and local elections. Dont however cut off your nose to spite your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Won't someone think of the Thalidomide's?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

snyper wrote: »

If the government supported a YES vote in an an abortion referendum and you were personally in favour of a Yes vote would you vote NO just to "Stick it to the man"

Fcuking tripe.

If you dont like the government vote against them in general and local elections. Dont however cut off your nose to spite your face.

+1
    well said snyper

Originally Posted by Biggins
    carlybabe1 wrote: »
    ...absolutely, and I also think that we should get all shafted groups of people to protest at the same time, teachers, mortage holders, the gardai, more heavily taxed/levied/pensioned. MAN!!! would that be a big crowd

When is the official date they start back cos' (seriously) I'm gonna look into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is nobody else suspicious of why they are so eager for us to vote yes???
    I mean, they can just set dates for re-elections of this kind, but we cant kick them out :confused::confused::confused:
    Just judgin on their past decision making talent, I'll be voting no just cause they want us to vote yes!!!

Here's a crazy idea. Maybe you should read up on the Lisbon Treaty, find out what it's about and decide yourself what way you want to vote.

It's a completely out there idea I know, but give it a shot and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does anybody honestly think that government jets and flights would be grounded under any party? Honestly now, not just "we hate FF so we're jumping on everything we can". How many governments in any country have ditched the governement jets or stopped flying around the world?

Either way. The OP article is comparing the cost to a trip taken in 2006 when lets face it, no one gave a crap as we were all happy to ride the wave of high wages. Amazign the amount of mass moaning a recession brings.

Wheres all the moral outrage against foreign leaders that spend money comign here instead of givign it to some homeless person or sendign it to Africa as aide?

Fcuking tripe.

Let me simplify it for you then, they set it up, we voted no, now they want us to vote again in the hope that we will vote yes. The fact that they're so eager for a yes vote makes me wonder why they are so eager for it to be voted in favour of.
    How is my vote "that sticking it the man " :rolleyes:

By the way, has no-one else noticed that bertie was voted in, and was then voted out by his party, so in effect, if they dont like the swing of the public vote they can over-ride it.

Do YOU even know what the lisbon treaty is about, and all its implications???? I seriously doubt I'd be biting off my nose to spite my face

Until you do I suggest you keep your "smart" comments to yourself, cheers

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Here's a crazy idea. Maybe you should read up on the Lisbon Treaty, find out what it's about and decide yourself what way you want to vote.

It's a completely out there idea I know, but give it a shot and see how it goes.

Facepalm :eek: now why didnt I think of that....... why dont you try to find out whats not detailed in there, then come back and lets have a debate

Let me simplify it for you then, they set it up, we voted no, now they want us to vote again in the hope that we will vote yes. The fact that they're so eager for a yes vote makes me wonder why they are so eager for it to be voted in favour of.
    How is my vote "that sticking it the man " :rolleyes:

By the way, has no-one else noticed that bertie was voted in, and was then voted out by his party, so in effect, if they dont like the swing of the public vote they can over-ride it.

Do YOU even know what the lisbon treaty is about, and all its implications???? I seriously doubt I'd be biting off my nose to spite my face

Until you do I suggest you keep your "smart" comments to yourself, cheers

lol sweetpea, there is no need to "simplify" on my behalf, particularly as you clearly missed my point.

My point is voting no purely because you dont like the government, not based on the merits of the treaty is idiotic.

Nobody is making you vote again, you dont have to. If the country feel the same about the treaty this time around, the result will be the same. If they hold it every year for the next 10 years and each time as a nation we choose to reject it, we can.

and yes, i do have a strong understanding of the Lisbon treaty, something you my petal obviously dont.

I'd like to make a point about something. There will be flaws in my point but I'll throw it out there anyway...

I keep hearing "what's the point of having a go at the government when there is nothing better out there as an opposition".

For me its NOT about trying to replace the present government alone, its not about trying to give scoring points for/to an opposition party. Its not about having a go at them just because its FF and they are severely screwing up.

The point is...
    * Its about keeping the feckers on their toes.
    * Its about reminding them that the public SHOULDN'T be treated like sheep.
    * Its about letting them know repeatedly that the public/individuals have their breaking point and the more they push their luck, the more its going to eventually one way or another come back and bite them in the ass.
    * It's about not allowing them all the time carte blanch to do whatever the hell they do and with an no limit state cheque book or credit card.

I frankly don't care if or not there is a better opposition out there.
    IT SHOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I'd like to make a point about something. There will be flaws in my point but I'll throw it out there anyway...

I keep hearing "what's the point of having a go at the government when there is nothing better out there as an opposition".

For me its NOT about trying to replace the present government alone, its not about trying to give scoring points for/to an opposition party. Its not about having a go at them just because its FF and they are severely screwing up.

The point is...
    * Its about keeping the feckers on their toes.
    * Its about reminding them that the public SHOULDN'T be treated like sheep.
    * Its about letting them know repeatedly that the public/individuals have their breaking point and the more they push their luck, the more its going to eventually one way or another come back and bite them in the ass.
    * It's about not allowing them all the time carte blanch to do whatever the hell they do and with an no limit state cheque book or credit card.

I frankly don't care if or not there is a better opposition out there.
    IT SHOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

^^^

With this ive no problem, simply because it makes reasonable sence.

Ive no difficulty with people agreeing or disagreeing with a government and their decisions, once what they say makes sence. Im not involved in politics, but i do know politicians from various parties FF, FG, LAB.. I just think its extremely disingenuous to be making throwaway remarkes about them.. particularly because its easier than trying to understand what they are trying to do, as is the situation with NAMA.. "Oh its bailing out the bankers and developers" Im really up to my fcuking teeth listening to this fcuking nonsence, "let the banks fall" These are the comments of people that really dont have the first clue about economics. If the banks fall (and trust me im no friends of them) this country is fcuked... and we, including the mouthpieces that wants them to fall will be the ones left to pay a price greater than if we prop them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Fcuking tripe.

I think the last time the election was held there was MASSIVE national exposure and campaigns aimed at getting people to the polling stations. And people did and the people voted no. And then that French lad (Sarkozy) told Europe "The Irish WILL vote again", and our government agreed. That isn't democracy, it's just a pain in the arse.

So my own personal solution is just not vote. Why should i? I did what everyone wanted and excersized my vote but apperently it was the wrong answer. Clearly i don't have a clue so im gonna leave it to everyone else and also, ive stopped caring. Unpatriotic you say? Fair enough, im an unpatriotic arsehole who doesn't care about his country. It's not like my country is any good at the moment so maybe a yes vote is a good thing. Will we lose our voice in Europe? We don't even have one to begin with by the looks of it so there's no difference.

So folks, the best way to stand up to the government concerning the Lisbon treaty is to just not vote. Stop giving a sh1t about it and let the bastards do what they like. And for gods sake, next general election, do not vote a single member of fianna fail into government. Vote any other party (they are roughly all equally as bad) but do not vote fianna fail. It's a gaurentee that things will never improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Not me anyway. But maybe I didn't notice it because it didn't happen?

Bertie was elected a TD by the public, leader of Fianna Fail by the FF party and elected leader of the government (Taoiseach) by the TDs in the Dail.

By the way, he resigned as leader of FF and the govt himself. Then Fianna Fail replaced their leader, and the TDs in the Dail voted Cowen in as Taoiseach.

Bertie is still a TD, just like the public wanted.

Wagon wrote: »
    I think the last time the election was held there was MASSIVE national exposure and campaigns aimed at getting people to the polling stations. And people did and the people voted no. And then that French lad (Sarkozy) told Europe "The Irish WILL vote again", and our government agreed. That isn't democracy, it's just a pain in the arse.

So my own personal solution is just not vote. Why should i? I did what everyone wanted and excersized my vote but apperently it was the wrong answer. Clearly i don't have a clue so im gonna leave it to everyone else and also, ive stopped caring. Unpatriotic you say? Fair enough, im an unpatriotic arsehole who doesn't care about his country. It's not like my country is any good at the moment so maybe a yes vote is a good thing. Will we lose our voice in Europe? We don't even have one to begin with by the looks of it so there's no difference.

So folks, the best way to stand up to the government concerning the Lisbon treaty is to just not vote. Stop giving a sh1t about it and let the bastards do what they like. And for gods sake, next general election, do not vote a single member of fianna fail into government. Vote any other party (they are roughly all equally as bad) but do not vote fianna fail. It's a gaurentee that things will never improve.

I understand, but disagree. I believe you should vote again - vote no. By not voting again your opinion wont be heard on this vote

(although im heavily in favour of a YES vote)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Wagon wrote: »

They are having another referendum to see if we have changed our minds.
    What is so hard to stomach about this? There was more than one divorce referendum and we ended up changing our minds, didn't we?

Also, everyone knows that the people who voted against Lisbon voted no because they are a bunch of superstitious peasants who believed a lot of old wives' tales about abortion and conscription and all sorts of other bogeymen that would come to get us.

I think it is quite reasonable to ask someone to think again if you know they have made a decision based on tabloid-induced hysteria.

Advertisement