Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

2012 Honda hornet

attachment.php?attachmentid=509315&d=1586714408

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

All cocooned and if I was another year older I'd be cocooned too :D

cocooned.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Nice bikes and my kinda garaiste WW:)

H_Lime wrote: »
    Nice bikes and my kinda garaiste WW:)

Haha... I'll tell when I do cocoon myself in there tempus absolutely fugits :D

Haha... I'll tell when I do cocoon myself in there tempus absolutely fugits :D
    Had to look that up but yes I agree it certainly does.
    Any works being undertook now?

• Advertisement

Any works being undertook now?

Right at the minute I should be getting ready for the Portuguese Adventure Country tracks but covid got in the way. This time last year it was cancelled because my mate injured his knee. Then last September it was off because Brittany Ferries cancelled due to technical difficulties, now it's a virus.

Right at the moment I'm trying to sort our some rough running on the r1150r but after trying a lot of things I think I might sort it tomorrow if I can get a 9v battery for my twinmax to synch the throttle bodies.

At the weekend I hear the beautiful sound of bikes heading over the Wicklow Gap, yesterday morning, nothing. This morning, nothing.

Well done fellow bikers, we're all doing our bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Not mine unfortunately but a '92 Yamaha I thought you might like to see.

Not sure what is it, it's an inline water cooled 4. FZR600 maybe? Pictured on Dublin northside:

side.jpg

front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Not sure what is it, it's an inline water cooled 4. FZR600 maybe? Pictured on Dublin northside:

side.jpg

front.jpg

Nice bike shame about the seat covering, looks like it was stuffed with the wrong foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭blade1

46-E851-B1-8568-46-C7-9-AAA-8-EF7-ED427738.jpg

Hey, that looks like the Busa I had a few weeks ago.
    It was a good bike until I got my hands on it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

blade1 wrote: »
    Hey, that looks like the Busa I had a few weeks ago.
    It was a good bike until I got my hands on it :pac:

I was wondering who this blade1 guy was that wrote his name on the tank :pac:

• Advertisement

I was wondering who this blade1 guy was that wrote his name on the tank :pac:

My signature would have been all over the tyres only for the wet roads and oil spill :D

Well wear anyway!
    If it needs loosening out a bit you can let me know! :pac:

My signature would have been all over the tyres only for the wet roads and oil spill :D

Well wear anyway!
    If it needs loosening out a bit you can let me know! :pac:

Avon tyres at that :pac:

Thank you :)

She’ll need no loosening our at all ;)

No idea ever happened my earlier post

Here it is again

1-A0-C10-DF-269-C-4636-B1-B3-81-FCB25-F8-AA5.jpg

Here it is again

Which one is your favourite?

Which one is your favourite?

The scooter :pac:

Only joking :)

I went for a 20 mile trip on the busa this evening, prior to that the DL was definitely the most comfortable, the blade without doubt had the best throttle response as is to be expected. But all in all the busa wins it outright, by far more comfortable than the blade, brakes are the only issue but not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

if you have not done so, do a 6th gear wot roll on on the busa. It's addictive.

Or pulling out to overtake 3 cars and doing 10:)
    Well wear QM, I miss mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Here it is again

That must be one of the only Jaguar Yamaha Aerox’s left on the road!

lennymc wrote: »
    if you have not done so, do a 6th gear wot roll on on the busa. It's addictive.

I’ll end up on my back :pac:

Mind you I reckon she’d blow away a ZZR1400 no problem :pac: ;)

Or pulling out to overtake 3 cars and doing 10:)
    Well wear QM, I miss mine.

Thanks H :) I can see myself being tempted, really enjoyed myself on it last night.

By the way, if you ever fancy project Fireblade I’ll gladly oblige :D

• Advertisement

That must be one of the only Jaguar Yamaha Aerox’s left on the road!

I have her since February 2018, it was one of the reasons I bought it due to the rarity of that particular model. I’ve yet to see another as long as I have it. As with all 2 strokes she’ll need a top end rebuild, that’s something for later on in the year, my wife needs to adjust to the busa first.

The Aerox is class alright.

A 2 stroke Aerox was my first bike back in 2001. One would be perfect for my commute these days, but they are like hens teeth now, and those that I've seen pop up look like they have been driven through a wall

The Aerox is class alright.
    It's all i ever use if i'm in around the city, nice and cheap to run and easy to get around in.
    A 2 stroke Aerox was my first bike back in 2001. One would be perfect for my commute these days, but they are like hens teeth now, and those that I've seen pop up look like they have been driven through a wall
    Mine is 2001 built 2002 registered. They are great for city commuting as i mentioned above. It has 2 previous owners since new and from 2010 to 2018 was sat down the back of a dealers warehouse, it was bereft of all decals bar the Jaguar name and the paint work wasn't ideal, i got all panels repainted and new decals fitted a few months later, the colour it was painted was British Racing Green and i soon discovered it was the wrong kind, i'll get it redone again in a year or two once i can trace the colour code, which i can't, or at least the motor factors can't. Also ha a full service and new Michelin tyres fitted. only 7400kms on the clock.Her tax is due on May 1st, €49 for the year.

It's all i ever use if i'm in around the city, nice and cheap to run and easy to get around in.

Mine is 2001 built 2002 registered. They are great for city commuting as i mentioned above. It has 2 previous owners since new and from 2010 to 2018 was sat down the back of a dealers warehouse, it was bereft of all decals bar the Jaguar name and the paint work wasn't ideal, i got all panels repainted and new decals fitted a few months later, the colour it was painted was British Racing Green and i soon discovered it was the wrong kind, i'll get it redone again in a year or two once i can trace the colour code, which i can't, or at least the motor factors can't. Also ha a full service and new Michelin tyres fitted. only 7400kms on the clock.Her tax is due on May 1st, €49 for the year.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/ie/en/service-maintenance/parts-catalogue/ - any use for finding the details? You can enter your vin.

Is there any more of them sitting there?! :pac::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

side.jpg

Its an FZR 400 with R6 fairings. Tank and frame give it away.

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/ie/en/service-maintenance/parts-catalogue/ - any use for finding the details? You can enter your vin.

Thank you, will give that a go

• Advertisement

Is there any more of them sitting there?! :pac::D

Haha :D

It was the only one of that type there. Plenty of other rare bikes in the warehouse they would make great projects as well.

JT Motorcycles Innishannon is where I bought it.

Advertisement