Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

H_Lime wrote: »
    What was done to the bird maintenance wise Richard?

Ah nothing to the bird yet. I have a chain and sprocket set for the NC to fit soon enough and a service kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Beautiful day for it, had a lovely spin up the backroads. Good to pull on the lid and forget about this craic for a while.
    IMG-20200322-183836.jpg

that's bloody gorgeous: love the colours

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Quick Spin this evening, quite a nice day for it as the sun falls and the roads are empty....

Would you recommend the KTM Wonda-Boy? Any reliability issues? Running costs?

Starting to develop an unhealthy longing for orange and black:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Here's one of mine:

IMG-20200316-155252.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭H_Lime

galwaytt wrote: »
    that's bloody gorgeous: love the colours
    Colours were a nod to the gsxr thousand k5 I had at the time. She was blue but it was paler and kinda meh. Ger Conlon did the paint.
    Hopefully the other one I'm doing now will be a worthy garage mate. Two of the same bike lol, I'm gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i really want a bike again....

nice bikes lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

veetwin wrote: »
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Quick Spin this evening, quite a nice day for it as the sun falls and the roads are empty....

Would you recommend the KTM Wonda-Boy? Any reliability issues? Running costs?

Starting to develop an unhealthy longing for orange and black:eek:

No probs at all V, done just over 6500klm and she has been to Scotland (caught in the middle of a storm for 3hrs non stop) and Kerry. And performed flawlessly.

If you keep the speed to the limits she is actually grand on the motion lotion but if you get frisky it does drink the juice. At the end of the day its a 1300cc V Twin so you carbon footprint is not the best lol.

Having said that, I have yet to come across an engine as sublime....its truly astonishing it really is. And the 1290 SAS is a very big bike but when you ride it, it feels like a much smaller bike due to the ergonomics and the balance of the bike.

Really cant recommend it enough. Test ride one as soon as you can (in the current climate)

But its a B*tard to clean....;)

lennymc wrote: »
    i really want a bike again....

nice bikes lads!

Reply to me pm ya big bollex Len
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

My little 250. It was washed yesterday, I like to keep my road looking brand new so this will be no different.

Still a good bit of detailing to do but getting there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My little 250. It was washed yesterday, I like to keep my road looking brand new so this will be no different.

Still a good bit of detailing to do but getting there

Still up to your old habits I see! :p :pac:

Screenshot-20200325-205040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Fecker ha!

Fecker ha!

I suppose it beats the days of going around with your mate on his bandit (last one I swear) :pac:

Screenshot-20200326-153237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ah yes, the famous Ikuzus Tidnab 006 :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

KTM-SD1290-SE.jpg

Stuck a new screen on my SuperDuke - off out to test it after work. Nothing like a bit of high speed self-isolation...

KTM-SD1290-SE.jpg

Stuck a new screen on my SuperDuke - off out to test it after work. Nothing like a bit of high speed self-isolation...

That looks like bags of laughs. How mental is it?

That looks like bags of laughs. How mental is it?

It's as mental as you want it to be I guess - the electronics help to calm it a bit. I had a 990 supermoto and it was properly nuts but had none of the rider aids.

The 1290 has good manners in town on a whiff of throttle but on the open road it brings out the worst behaviour.

Here it is without the screen or handguards:

KTM-1290-Superduke-SE.jpg

It's as mental as you want it to be I guess - the electronics help to calm it a bit. I had a 990 supermoto and it was properly nuts but had none of the rider aids.

The 1290 has good manners in town on a whiff of throttle but on the open road it brings out the worst behaviour.

Here it is without the screen or handguards:

KTM-1290-Superduke-SE.jpg

Id love a blast on one. Geometry looks sharp and I know it has punch and is light, all good ingredients for getting into the zone. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Waillee123

Making the most of self-isolation! :)

IMG-20200327-193333.jpg

• Advertisement

Last of the great ones!

Last of the great ones!

You don't think this is great by the sound of that??

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/aprilia/tuono-v4-1100-factory/2019/

blade1 wrote: »

Mcn was always aditorials, maybe it's different now? Ain't bought a bike mag in yrs. I will say I'd like a go of wan:)

As I've shyted on about before... I don't trust an in hse aprilia engine (sorry to any owners!), neither did I trust the mill in my ktm990 adv.

The v990 engines I've had in the last ten yr have been solid and to me, represents a great fast road bike engine with more character and engaging than ducati, ktm, sp1, tl engines of the era.

The 03 mille r is a polished example to me, the last of the greats before they fooked about with delivery and ergos beyond what made them cult bikes. All subjective I know but that's me tuppence.

I trust people that have them less than the engine.
    A lot of the problem is people treating the RF engine the same as an RR engine and using on a track and not servicing them correctly.

RD350LC.jpg

My 1980 350LC out in the sunshine today. I might take it for a 2km spin later. Anyone else got one of these?

RD350LC.jpg

My 1980 350LC out in the sunshine today. I might take it for a 2km spin later. Anyone else got one of these?

Wow!!!
    You could retire if you sold that. Well bloody wear!

RD350LC.jpg

Nicest of the RD bunch!

I had its baby brother

IMG-20180223-144752.jpg

Wow!!!
    You could retire if you sold that. Well bloody wear!

Oh I'll never sell that - I'm addicted to the noise and smell of it. I had one in 1986 and regretted selling it for 30 years!!

Oh I'll never sell that - I'm addicted to the noise and smell of it. I had one in 1986 and regretted selling it for 30 years!!

Did you buy that in Meskell's?
    Remember seeing one there 4 or 5 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I had one 30 years ago, sold it for a grand. Should have left it in the shed.

Advertisement