Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO British Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Thanks for that!:):)

Yeah both me and Daffy are on the list!:D

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Whahey we are there rat , roll on next thursday whohoooooooooooooooo :D

Player number 0160 is gonna get beat by player 0392!;):p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Good luck to everybody travelling, will be following results on BDO website. cool.gifcool.gif

Good luck to everybody travelling, will be following results on BDO website. cool.gifcool.gif

Thank you Any Double!:) I'll need a heap of luck to get past the first round!:(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Anto McCracken and Garret Gray both entered

Garret could go far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good luck lads, hopefully you can at least get through the first round and then who knows!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Good luck lads, hopefully you can at least get through the first round and then who knows!

Cheers KingP!:) I'm there for the experience first and secondly the darts and the laugh!:D Getting past the first round would be great for me but I expect Daffy to do well, super player! I'll have to beat him on my board before we travel over, sounds easy enough!;):p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Thank you Any Double!:) I'll need a heap of luck to get past the first round!:(:D
    No luck needed, you'll do great and there will be many there a lot more nervous than you.
    Enjoy the experience !wink.gif

No luck needed, you'll do great and there will be many there a lot more nervous than you.
    Enjoy the experience !wink.gif

Cheers buddy, I'll enjoy it alright, win or lose!:D

Daffy we should see can we get a sports grant from the government for our trip!;):D:D

We might get more drinking money!;):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Daffy we should see can we get a sports grant from the government for our trip!;):D:D

We might get more drinking money!;):D:D

Ah if only it were possible lol

Maybe we should approach the tourist board and tell them we are promoting the irish people abroad and we need funding ha ha

Ah if only it were possible lol

Maybe we should approach the tourist board and tell them we are promoting the irish people abroad and we need funding ha ha

Great idea, I'll look into it!;)

More money for drink the better!:D

Just said to me mate "get me a can, I'm representing your country":D:D:D:D

Great idea, I'll look into it!;)

More money for drink the better!:D

Just said to me mate "get me a can, I'm representing your country":D:D:D:D

LOL classic mate

Rat lost 3-0 to Mike Cunningham

Daffy won 3-0 against Richard Evans and then lost 3-1 to Tony Steel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

So lads tell us about the experience, what was it like?

And well done Daffy on winning your first round 3-0.

Hard luck rat but hope it was good experience for you.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    So lads tell us about the experience, what was it like?

And well done Daffy on winning your first round 3-0.

Hard luck rat but hope it was good experience for you.

It was a great weekend!:D Beer was flowing, darts where been thrown (badly by me)!:D

Personally I was like a nervous wreck but the nerves seemed to go in my last game and I'll be a better player for that expierience.

Daffy was very unlucky with the doubles but there is always the next tournament!

Finally fair play to Zazziboo (Daffy's other half), brilliant in getting to the last eight of both the ladies doubles comps!

Can't wait for the next one!:D

Anto McCracken and Garret Gray both entered

Garret could go far

Garreth Gray did not attend, There was a lot of no shows!

Gurney did well tho!

Gurney did well tho!

He did, I watched three of his games. In two of his matches though which he won, he had a disagreement with the markers and players. In one of those games he had 15 left, he argued and got the score changed to 16. I thought he had15 left myself! Didn't like that!

He's entitled to get the scores checked if he believes the score to be wrong as long as he hasnt thrown his next 3 darts yet. You have to remember these lads are counting all the time and he would have thrown to leave himself 16. if he got it changed to 16 then he must have been right, as a marker i wouldnt change the score unless i could be conclusively be prooved wrong

• Advertisement

He's entitled to get the scores checked if he believes the score to be wrong as long as he hasnt thrown his next 3 darts yet. You have to remember these lads are counting all the time and he would have thrown to leave himself 16. if he got it changed to 16 then he must have been right, as a marker i wouldnt change the score unless i could be conclusively be prooved wrong

I know that, he also in the previous game had his score changed and won that game also!

Well shows he's right and it pays dividends to count your scores and not just trust the marker

was it loser marks?

Well shows he's right and it pays dividends to count your scores and not just trust the marker

was it loser marks?

I think he was in the wrong with his own scoring as did many people who where watching the games, he won anyway that's all that matters!

Yeah it was loser marks.

A few pictures from the weekend at the British Open and yeah thats me trying out my new style of throw LOL

A few pictures from the weekend at the British Open and yeah thats me trying out my new style of throw LOL

I look pregnant in the last pic!:eek::eek::D

Brilliant stuff Daffy!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Fair play to both of you's and zazziboo. you did boards proud.
    next up is germany, BOARDS IS GOING GLOBAL WOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Double Top wrote: »

LOL!:D

We need a team name to follow Boards!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

LOL!:D

We need a team name to follow Boards!:D:D:D

the insane darts posse:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zazziboo

Double Top wrote: »

thanks dt killarny next for me cant wait then it could well be to germany where i WILL play better in the singles event unfortunatly this time i just couldnt hit any double on the board which resulted in a 3 0 loose happy enough with the way i played in the doubles though.

• Advertisement

im still on the fence about going to killarney, i think i might leave it this year and continue to practice

Advertisement