Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO British Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Are you taking just hand luggage or are you checking a bag in?

Stupidly i am taking hand luggage , it didnt even enter my head about not being allowed to take darts onto a flight so im posting my darts over to where im staying(friends). Saving myself €30 this way but if i had of thought about it before booking the flight i would have checked a bag in mate

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Stupidly i am taking hand luggage , it didnt even enter my head about not being allowed to take darts onto a flight so im posting my darts over to where im staying(friends). Saving myself €30 this way but if i had of thought about it before booking the flight i would have checked a bag in mate

I was wondering with the cheapness of your flight. I have an identical set of darts at my sisters over there.

I was wondering with the cheapness of your flight. I have an identical set of darts at my sisters over there.

Great idea , i might buy a set while im there and leave them in the friends place

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Add Cromane to that list now. I think that only leaves me two to play in out of the 10 remaining trials
    It'll be tough, lotta tournament clashes this year.
    Still the BDO looks interesting in Bridlington and too cheap to miss.
    Must have a chat with my mate as I will have to go to UK midlands anyway before end of Sept and might tempt him. Thats if its not too late to enter !
    Must look up flights landing near there though Bridlington seems a bit off the beaten track. Maybe take Faranfore to Luton, drive rental to midlands and then onto Yorkshire and fly home leaving car at diff airport. I'm always getting caught for extra £30 St for that too though. Maybe Shannon-Birmingham.
    Taking darts is a pain as Daffy said but best is to get a few travelling and all chip in to put one bag in the hold. We did that between 4 and it cost us just E7.50 each.
    Still too fecking much though for Michael O'Leary.

Maybe take Faranfore to Luton, drive rental to midlands and then onto Yorkshire and fly home leaving car at diff airport. I'm always getting caught for extra £30 St for that too though. Maybe Shannon-Birmingham.

Im flying to Leeds-Bradford mate as Bridlington is only 90 mins on a train away.
    Is that any use to where your going??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I'll probably make a laughing stock out of myself against these top players, it's all about the expierance I suppose. Really looking forward to it now, should be a great laugh! Don't know if I'll bring a bag with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Im flying to Leeds-Bradford mate as Bridlington is only 90 mins on a train away.
    Is that any use to where your going??
    Thanks mate, much apreciated, don't think it would help though. Went that way once to collect a car and had to take train to Dublin and fly from there, Checked Ryanair a while ago and still no easy connections to the Kingdom either thru Cork, Kerry or Shannon.
    We'll see how darts go next Sunday first !

Anybody else going to this? I've not played for a pub team yet, this will only help me respond to pressure and I look forward to the new season! Night folks, c'mon the boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'll probably make a laughing stock out of myself against these top players, it's all about the expierance I suppose. Really looking forward to it now, should be a great laugh! Don't know if I'll bring a bag with me?

Never think that way mate, if you hit a 70-75 average regularly there'll be plenty of players there who you'll compete with, even some of the pro's have an off day and struggle around 80. If they fly for you, you'll do quite well.

padr81 wrote: »
    Never think that way mate, if you hit a 70-75 average regularly there'll be plenty of players there who you'll compete with, even some of the pro's have an off day and struggle around 80. If they fly for you, you'll do quite well.
    +1
    Quite right mate , its all on the day and takes only self confidence and belief so think positive ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I've only played in 1 proper tournament and I must say my nerves got the better of me but I'm not thinking about that anymore!

Hope I'm not with Wolfie or Ted Hankey in the doubles, there will be trouble!;):D

Boards darts player confirmed for this so far are;

Cairraibhoy
    Daffy
    Zazziboo
    and the Rat

anybody else?

£11 to enter and cheap flights on Ryanair, you can't go wrong.

Booked my flights just there, €48 return with 1 bag, I can bring my darts with me!:) If anyone wants me to bring over their darts for them please let me know, cheers Daffy for all your help with entry form!:)

I somehow booked my flights over to Leeds Bradford airport twice on ryanair!:o:mad: It was their fault though, I'll ring them tomorrow evening to get my money back but if anybody is interested in going I can change the name on my second booking, don't know how much it is to change the name though!

Got my money back from ryanair, also my entry form arrived (cheers Daffy). Everything sorted!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Well done money back from ryanair-must be a first. Best of luck to you lads travelling over.

Well done money back from ryanair-must be a first. Best of luck to you lads travelling over.

Cheers buddy!:D Did not think I'd get my money back from ryanair, miracles do happen!:eek::D

Do you have to wear shoes and slacks even for the doubles events?

Do you have to wear shoes and slacks even for the doubles events?

yeah mate there is a dress code for the whole weekend , its all on the entry form bud.

Will be in the black trousers and black shoes myself

• Advertisement

yeah mate there is a dress code for the whole weekend , its all on the entry form bud.

What about if your that South African athlete, do you wear a skirt or trousers:confused::D:D

Do you have to wear black shoes and trousers?

Will you be wearing your Daffy darts shirt?

Show off!:D

Do you have to wear black shoes and trousers?

Will you be wearing your Daffy darts shirt?

Show off!:D

Dunno if its a must about the black shoes and trousers mate but thats what i have to wear so im wearing em lol

I will be wearing a shirt i got at xmas from my godaughter. Red with Daffy Duck stitched onto it :P:D

Dunno if its a must about the black shoes and trousers mate but thats what i have to wear so im wearing em lol

I will be wearing a shirt i got at xmas from my godaughter. Red with Daffy Duck stitched onto it :P:D

LOL!:D:D

I'll just buy them incase! I sound like that Chinese fashion gobsh!te! I'd like to kick that idiot in the face!!:mad::mad:

I've thankfully found some form which I hope to bring with me to Bridlington!:)

I've just seen you don't have to wear black trousers and shoes so I don't have to buy that funeral attire, thank God!:D

I've just seen you don't have to wear black trousers and shoes so I don't have to buy that funeral attire, thank God!:D

Where did you see that mate , i looked but didnt see anything :confused:

Where did you see that mate , i looked but didnt see anything :confused:

Dress:Jean type trousers are not permittedto be worn during matches and presentations on stage. We expect all players to be respectably dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Good luck to both of you's, should do well in it

Double Top wrote: »

Cheers D.T! I'll try to give a good account of myself and boards!;):D

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »

Cheers buddy :)

Advertisement