Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO British Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Had some good banter with jlx earlier saying I'm the only BDO player on the Fishing Club team!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

LOL

How long does it take to get comfirmation of entry fee? Sent my entry on Friday.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    How long does it take to get comfirmation of entry fee? Sent my entry on Friday.

The only way you would get confirmation is if you sent a stamped addressed envelope with your entry.
    If you did that then it will probably take 8-10 days as the post is very slow over there at the minute.
    I sent over a couple things 2 weeks ago and it took 9 days to get there :mad:

I might ring them and see if they got my entry now you mention it

Daffy501 wrote: »
    The only way you would get confirmation is if you sent a stamped addressed envelope with your entry.
    If you did that then it will probably take 8-10 days as the post is very slow over there at the minute.
    I sent over a couple things 2 weeks ago and it took 9 days to get there :mad:

I might ring them and see if they got my entry now you mention it

I sent mine in a stamped addressed envelope, I know it's a bank holiday today over there so it will take a day or two longer to arrive!

• Advertisement

Why is the postal service very slow over there? Hope to get my darts equipment sometime this week also.

there was a postal strike of some sort recently and thet are still catching up i guess

Hopefully one of us will get on this list;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_BDO_tournaments

C'mon the Boards!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

Hopefully one of us will get on this list;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_BDO_tournaments

C'mon the Boards!;):D

Unless you count Tommy O'Regan, who captained England, there are no Irish on there at all, you'll be making history if you get to last 8

Antoine56 wrote: »
    Unless you count Tommy O'Regan, who captained England, there are no Irish on there at all, you'll be making history if you get to last 8

You never know, Dunno about me but Daffy is in good form! Bring it on!;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Boards darts player confirmed for this so far are;

Cairraibhoy
    Daffy
    Zazziboo
    and the Rat

anybody else?

£11 to enter and cheap flights on Ryanair, you can't go wrong.

I won't be attending this now

I won't be attending this now

Sad to hear that. Tought you where all set!

I rang to check my entry had been received and got talking to Ollie Croft himself :eek:

The offices are diverted to his mobile until Monday as they are down in Bridlington for the winmau world masters , he said to ring back then and he will get it checked :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Daffy501 wrote: »
    I rang to check my entry had been received and got talking to Ollie Croft himself :eek:

The offices are diverted to his mobile until Monday as they are down in Bridlington for the winmau world masters , he said to ring back then and he will get it checked :cool:

did you call him a wanker and tell him his very existance is holding back darts the world over and giving UK players an unfair advantage?

padr81 wrote: »
    is holding back darts the world over and giving UK players an unfair advantage?

And how exactly is he doing that?

And how exactly is he doing that?

the fact the BDO have more power over the WDF, the BDO event are all weighted higher than any other organisations events when it comes to WDF ranking points and for some reason BDO ranking is more important than WDF. In a fair system it would be a WDF World Championship not a BDO one and qualifiers would come equally from all organisations under the WDF belt.

All countries should be given the same chance as England are with regards to qualifying for major tournaments, just look at the seeding for the world masters. To use a good example Willy van der Wiel is 11th in the WDF rankings but will miss out on lakeside cause of his BDO ranking, if a man is in the top 16 in the world ranking surely he should be there ahead of yet another british player?

You won't see the FA running FIFA in soccer, or the Mayo County Board telling the GAA what to do. Just because your nation is good at something doesn't mean you should hold back every other nations development.

Its a completely unfair system in whats supposed to be an amateur and world game. Theres no way any nations organisation should pretty much control the games world body.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

the fact the BDO have more power over the WDF, the BDO event are all weighted higher than any other organisations events when it comes to WDF ranking points and for some reason BDO ranking is more important than WDF. In a fair system it would be a WDF World Championship not a BDO one and qualifiers would come equally from all organisations under the WDF belt.

All countries should be given the same chance as England are with regards to qualifying for major tournaments, just look at the seeding for the world masters. To use a good example Willy van der Wiel is 11th in the WDF rankings but will miss out on lakeside cause of his BDO ranking, if a man is in the top 16 in the world ranking surely he should be there ahead of yet another british player?

You won't see the FA running FIFA in soccer, or the Mayo County Board telling the GAA what to do. Just because your nation is good at something doesn't mean you should hold back every other nations development.

Its a completely unfair system in whats supposed to be an amateur and world game. Theres no way any nations organisation should pretty much control the games world body.
    Well Said Padr !

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

yes well said!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

I'm surprised the other WDF member countries accept this.

So how do you explain Joey ten Berge being seeded 8 in the World Masters ahead of Dave Prins. Both level in BDO rankings but Joey seeded due to his higher WDF ranking.

• Advertisement

So how do you explain Joey ten Berge being seeded 8 in the World Masters ahead of Dave Prins. Both level in BDO rankings but Joey seeded due to his higher WDF ranking.

Joey is below Prins in the WDF rankings so its a case of a token dutch player to keep tv happy.
    7 british players and a dutch man who had to tie an englishman in the "British" rankings to take a spot while the best players from other national darts federtations have to play and win 5 rounds to even get a chance at them.

Scott Waites who is ranked 7 in the world will have to play 4 games to be world master, yet Moreno Michels and Robert Wagner who sit at no's 5 & 8 in the world would of had to play 9.

Hurry up Thursday week, will be a nice break just to get away for 5 days plus I'm playing some decent stuff at the moment!:)

Rang the BDO just there to see did my entry fee arrive, thought yer man I was talking to was quite rude. I asked could he check through the entry forms he said " I have to check through 100's of entry forms and I don't have the time to search for 1 form"!:eek: He told me to check the website:confused::mad:

Rang the BDO just there to see did my entry fee arrive, thought yer man I was talking to was quite rude. I asked could he check through the entry forms he said " I have to check through 100's of entry forms and I don't have the time to search for 1 form"!:eek: He told me to check the website:confused::mad:

I can see his point really, closing date was only 3 days ago and with mens, womens, pairs comps etc there will be probably over a thousand entry forms. I wouldn't worry to much Rat as I personally have never bothered to check with the BDO if an entry has been received and have not encountered any problems. Draw will probably be up on BDO website in a few days and you will be able to see if you have drawn Fitton, O'Shea or Adams in the 1st round ;)

I can see his point really, closing date was only 3 days ago and with mens, womens, pairs comps etc there will be probably over a thousand entry forms. I wouldn't worry to much Rat as I personally have never bothered to check with the BDO if an entry has been received and have not encountered any problems. Draw will probably be up on BDO website in a few days and you will be able to see if you have drawn Fitton, O'Shea or Adams in the 1st round ;)

Cheers Ciarraibhoy, that's grand!:) I wan't to play Ted Hankey and kick his arse!:eek::D:D

Cheers Ciarraibhoy, that's grand!:) I wan't to play Ted Hankey and kick his arse!:eek::D:D

go for it!! The rat beats the count!!

Entries up now - http://www.bdodarts.com/news/BDO%20British%20Open%20Mens%20Alpha%20list%202009.pdf

just did a quick search on the word "Ireland" on the BDO mens entry list. Ony five players from the republic listed. I though that there would be more.

greened wrote: »
    go for it!! The rat beats the count!!

Sounds Good to me!:D:D

• Advertisement

Whahey we are there rat , roll on next thursday whohoooooooooooooooo :D

Advertisement