Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO British Open

Options
  • 03-08-2009 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of heading over to this but im wondering if i can enter it. Does anyone know if i can or is it only residents of the UK that can enter.
    I have emailed the BDO but have had no response so i thought someone on here would know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Click on bdodarts.com and full details and entry form available on the BDO Diary. Click on Full details after British Open.

The competition is open to all players except PDPA members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Thats great mate thanks

I just got word back from Robert Holmes of the BDO. He said that the competition is open to all darts players except anyone who is a member of the PDC or PDPA so im goin :D

IT's only £11 to enter and flights are pretty cheap at the moment.
    Thanks for your help Dartgod

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Good Luck Daffy. I suppose you will never know unless you give it a shot. I alway regret not entering these type of competitions when I had the chance a few years back. Good on you. Do it now when you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Will hopefully be seen you there mate

• Advertisement

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Will hopefully be seen you there mate
    Ye sound mate i will keep an eye out for you
    greened wrote: »
    Good Luck Daffy. I suppose you will never know unless you give it a shot. I alway regret not entering these type of competitions when I had the chance a few years back. Good on you. Do it now when you can!

Thanks mate,Fingers crossed i dont make an arse of myself and throw rubbish lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Ye sound mate i will keep an eye out for you

Thanks mate,Fingers crossed i dont make an arse of myself and throw rubbish lol

Where and when is it on Daffy? Best of luck mate!;)

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Where and when is it on Daffy? Best of luck mate!;)

Its on the weekend of the 17th/18th September in the Spa , Bridlington, East Yorkshire

Cheers buddy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zazziboo

hey all i will be there that weekend too enterin the ladies and doubles with any luck. good luck to all that enter.

zazziboo wrote: »
    hey all i will be there that weekend too enterin the ladies and doubles with any luck. good luck to all that enter.

Also best of luck, kick their arses on the oche!;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I'll be there as well, I love playing in this top class tournament. Will be trying to better my last 16 best performance.

I'll be there as well, I love playing in this top class tournament. Will be trying to better my last 16 best performance.

Excellent stuff mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 zazziboo

and good luck to you too

Posted my entry for this today :D

Who all is going to it from boards if anyone ??

IDPA should automatically enter me unless I tell them otherwise, closing date is 7th September.

Its on the weekend of the 17th/18th September in the Spa , Bridlington, East Yorkshire

Cheers buddy :)

Singles is on Sat 19th September

IDPA should automatically enter me unless I tell them otherwise, closing date is 7th September.

Nice one mate will see ya there then :D

Ye i saw that on the entry form , im booked to be away from thursday 17th till monday 21st so will entering the blind doubles(on friday)as well as the mixed doubles(on sunday)

Posted my entry for this today :D

Who all is going to it from boards if anyone ??

I'd like to go for the laugh, how do I get a form? I'd be going mainly for the drink!;):D

http://www.bdodarts.com/bdo_diaryDates.htm

Click on details beside British open and it will download the actual entry form which has all the info on it mate.

So far ive only spent €37.82 , that includes my entry , my postal order , my flight(inc taxes and booking credit card fee) and posting the entry off so its cheap so far :D

• Advertisement

Click on details beside British open and it will download the actual entry form which has all the info on it mate.

So far ive only spent €37.82 , that includes my entry , my postal order , my flight(inc taxes and booking credit card fee) and posting the entry off so its cheap so far :D

I'll download it on my laptop later as adobe is not installed on this PC! You would have to go at that price!:eek::D I'll be booking my ticket tomorrow!;)

Yeah feck it, I'm going! Daffy talked me in to going!;):D

What's the story with postal orders, I'm always wondering how to pay for these sort of things. Some places will accept a euro cheque and some won't. It would be handy as I think I have a few events entered and have to pay the IDPA for.

Anyway flights just booked for the grand total of €8.

On the entry form it says " Cheques or postal orders made payable to ......" so i went to post office and bought a sterling postal order for £11 and it cost me €17.

Thats how im paying my entry :D

On the entry form it says " Cheques or postal orders made payable to ......" so i went to post office and bought a sterling postal order for £11 and it cost me €17.

Thats how im paying my entry :D

Cheers Daffy, I wasn't aware you could get sterling postal orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Jeez, you're not thinking of missing the county trials in Caherciveen on the 20th now are you CB ?? ;);)

Jeez, you're not thinking of missing the county trials in Caherciveen on the 20th now are you CB ?? ;);)

I'll be missing Brosna, Caherciveen twice, and Tralee twice and possibly one or two others.

Add Cromane to that list now, I think that only leaves me 2 to play in out of the last 10

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

I'll be missing Brosna, Caherciveen twice, and Tralee twice and possibly one or two others
    Still, a long year there, lotta tournaments out there !

So far ive only spent €37.82, my flight(inc taxes and booking credit card fee)

Are you taking just hand luggage or are you checking a bag in?

• Advertisement

Still, a long year there, lotta tournaments out there !

Add Cromane to that list now. I think that only leaves me two to play in out of the 10 remaining trials

Advertisement