Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tel Aviv gay center Slaughter!

Options
  • 01-08-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

In this day and age. Any one else very annoyed?

Link
    Police are hunting a gunman who killed three people and injured 11 others at a youth club for gay teenagers in Tel Aviv.

They said the black-clad attacker sprayed the inside of the venue with automatic rifle fire.

A male and a female were killed, and six of those wounded were badly hurt.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said it was "most likely a criminal attack and not a terror attack".

The attacker fled after the shooting and then tried to get into another gay club but was stopped by security guards.

Israel Channel 10 TV described the scene as a "bloodbath".

Tel Aviv police chief Shahar Ayalon ordered the closure of all gay bars in the city and set up roadblocks around the area.

The attack took place inside the Tel Aviv Gay and Lesbian Association building, where teenagers were holding a weekly support group.

Witness Yaniv Weisman told Channel 10 TV: "This was a hate crime, a pre-meditated attack."

Israel's biggest city has been the target of Palestinian shootings and suicide bombings.

But gay leaders believe the attack was homophobic in motive.

"This is an unprecedented event for Israel and for the community," said association director May Pamel.

"We have joined the roster of 'civilised' countries where hatred is the standard."

The coastal city has a vibrant gay scene, but open homosexuality is less welcome in conservative areas of the Jewish state.

Poor souls.

As one insider said

[FONT=Book Antiqua,serif]"An LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) activist told Ynet that it appeared to be a "deliberate act against the gay community."[/FONT]
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sickening stuff. 3 dead now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Sexy wrote: »
    In this day and age. Any one else very annoyed?

http://twitter.com/BreakingNews

Poor souls.

As one insider said

[FONT=Book Antiqua,serif]"An LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) activist told Ynet that it appeared to be a "deliberate act against the gay community."[/FONT]
    Gay pride in Telaviv was condemmed by both Jewish and Islamic clerics last year, so god knows who was behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

maybe its not anti-gay

but just the PLO up to they're usually stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Who is responsible for this crap? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

fryup wrote: »
    maybe its not anti-gay

Wow.. that makes it better :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

fryup wrote: »
    maybe its not anti-gay

Why do you think it is the Palestinians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Wow.. that makes it better :mad:

No it doesn't and I believe that is not the what poster was insinuating.
    It would be better for the facts to come out and story made clearer before pointing accusing fingers...which I feel is the most reasonable thing to do.

Why do you think it is the Palestinians?

Ermmm...because historically and based on statistics most attacks of such nature have been carried out by palestinian based groups.
    Like I said earlier we cannot know for sure until we get the facts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fred_1985

You'd have to admit that being gay is fundamently just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

fred_1985 wrote: »
    why in the hell would you post anything like that?
    Are you 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

Your existence is fundamently wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

No it isn't!

And it's definitely not something that someone should be killed, or even beaten over!

Being homosexual is natural, the sooner the human civilisation accept this the better. Then again, we did have trouble accepting women for ages... who knew.. we're still a learning race :(

Things like this slaughter annoy the living sh1ts out of me:mad: Just hope it wasn't homophobically (is that the right term?) motivated. And for the sake of religon, I hope it wasn't a religious inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I actually cant believe you would come on to such a serious thread and post such utter sh!te. Its shocking how ignorant some people are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

A gaurd had his m16 stolen a week ago this looks like what it was for,
    shocking stuff alltogether be it homophobia or terrorism theres not much difference inbetween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fred_1985

Malty_T wrote: »
    Being homosexual is natural

Male + Female = Baby => core reason for we are alive today. Natural

Male + Male = abundance of erect penis => mess without product. Not Natural

Female + Female = butch ugly cnuts. Not Natural.

Transgender = So not natural => Not Natural.

You are equating homphobia with terrorism?Seriously?So somebody who is slightly homophobic can be compared to a terrorist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Adios

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Urgh, poor kids, can't believe somebody would actually be homophobic enough to fire a weapon into a roomful of teenagers.

The phrase 'attention seeker' springs to mind.

• Advertisement

Get off boards tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

'Silly equation'=> core reason for we are alive today. Natural

Really, it's not just in humans ya know?

What makes you sure, that the core reason we are alive today is going to be one of tomorrow?

What if homosexuality is natures way of preparing us for, well, you know self fertilisation or something, only partner needed to have the offspring, for say, if populations were to become scarce.. okay I'm waffling..

but like it or not
    Homosexuality is Natural
    Isn't there supposed to be a 1 in 10,000 chance that any offspring will be homosexual or something..:confused: ...it's late I'm off to bed..nah screw it a coffee'll do.

Oh, and I'll bet you didn't know that if the process of life was truly natural then only females would actually exist. Evolution is amazingly weird; we all start out as females whether we like it or not :)

Just to add, it is terribly sad just I don't see how terrorism and homophobia are simular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yes homophobia is way worse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The phrase 'attention seeker' springs to mind.
    I was gonna go with "troll", tbh...

But so is adultery,fornication,stealing ,lieing,backbiting,being judgemental etc etc...and this are sins committed by millions world over every single second.
    I am a christain and I am very proud of it ....but I would never condone killing another human being because I disagree with his/her choices in life...but most importantly I have absolutely no right to destroy what I cannot create...most especially in the name of God...that would be pretty daft...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I don't care what the reasons where for this atrocity, be they religious, political or homophobic, it's very very sad. There are now three families who have lost a loved one. God love them...

Really?

What makes you sure, what was the core reason we are alive today is going the be one of tomorrow?

What if homosexuality is natures way of preparing us for, well, you self fertilisation, only partner needed to have the offspring, for say, if populations were to become scarce.. okay I'm waffling..

but like it not
    Homosexuality is Natural
    Isn't there supposed to be a 1 in 10,000 chance that any offspring will be homosexual or something..:confused: ...it's late I'm off to bed.

Oh, and I'll bet you didn't know that if the process of was truly natural then only females would actually exist. Evolution is amazingly weird; we all start out as females whether we like it or not :)

While i agree with what your saying, i think you might aswell be talking to a brick wall!! Theres no educating that kind of fool. He should be banned by now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

"We have joined the roster of 'civilised' countries where hatred is the standard."

Eh? They're living in Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

What if homosexuality is natures way of preparing us for, well, you know self fertilisation or something.

Pfft, that's nothing new.
    Sure I've been self fertilisin for years.:cool:

Advertisement