Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Ok I'm pretty sure that gif is showing a proto facehugger, but that second picture? Proto Queen?

Ridley, if you're reading this, no more trailers please!

It looks more like a chestburster to me, but i think its likely neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Pretty sure that's a full on Alien - recently born.

I think it's an etching/drawing/whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

Just browsing through YouTube and I found the International German trailer and it's different to the English language trailer released this morning. A little more footage and dialogue but it's in German.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSFG_roNOHM

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It looks more like a chestburster to me, but i think its likely neither.

But you can see it attached to some sort of arm. Almost like it supposed to be around her face

I was thinking chest burster as well, but it's quite large, much bigger than the chest bursters we've seen before.

• Advertisement

I was thinking chest burster as well, but it's quite large, much bigger than the chest bursters we've seen before.

It reminds me of a giant, crazed salamander!:D

It's attached to something to keep it in place over her head. Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

It's definitely a 'baby' Alien.

You can clearly see the shape of the head. Maybe it burst from another crew member in the infirmary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Nerd-gasm.

Sorry, had to get that out.

You can clearly see the shape of the head. Maybe it burst from another crew member in the infirmary?

It's not that clear. The way the pod opens blocks a clear view but yeah you could be right.:confused:

TheUsual wrote: »
    Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Nerd-gasm.

Sorry, had to get that out.

No need to apologise. I've read online reactions to the new trailer and from what I can gather 100's of men have spontaneously orgasmed watching it. And they seem to be really serious!:o

• Advertisement

Aye, that could be the craic alright, a chest burster just at a more advanced stage than we've seen before.

What has amazed me most about this trailer is that for a PG-13 rating, it looks as scary as shit. This doesn't look like a fill in the blanks kind of deal that Nolan has utilised for the Bat franchise, this film genuinely looks to have a few true horror moments.

Aye, that could be the craic alright, a chest burster just at a more advanced stage than we've seen before.

What has amazed me most about this trailer is that for a PG-13 rating, it looks as scary as shit. This doesn't look like a fill in the blanks kind of deal that Nolan has utilised for the Bat franchise, this film genuinely looks to have a few true horror moments.

I was thinking the same thing. From the trailers I've seen you can clearly see the characters go through some terrible physical and emotional stress. I've seen shots of one actress (Nommi Rapace?) looking physically scarrred through her helmet and in agonizing pain. Is it possible that Fox will allow an R rating? I'm hoping so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Ok I'm pretty sure that gif is showing a proto facehugger, but that second picture? Proto Queen?

Given the ship is identical to the one in Alien, and the spacejocking is very similar, I'm guessing that it is supposed to be the race of aliens that created the Alien. I would imagine though has much the production has distanced itself from the Alien story (while saying it is the same universe) there will only be hints at what comes later in the Alien movie, bit like there was a flash of the Alien skull in Predators 2.

I would say they see stuff on the walls, think it looks odd but it never comes up again. We of course know that it is all waiting when the Nostromo arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

I think they're too smart to just lift the plot of Alien and plonk it in this prequel - I imagine the whole 'alien threat' will not be quite what we're expecting.

Recurring themes that do seem to be foreshadowed are
    terraforming, androids and the whole nature of creator and created
    which we see in all the other Alien movies to date.

Personally feel the android dimension is going to be key. We know from the big divide between humans and androids in the other Alien movies that the relationship between the two hasn't been so great, and this video-viral heavily implies that androids are going to be a key feature to the whole thing.
    Given that the AvsP mythology is being ignored/jettisoned, I think it's important to remember Ash, in the original, seemed to admire the Alien so much that he tried to kill Ripley in a manner similar to one... He may even have broken his programming in order to do that. Could it be that an android makes the aliens into the killing machines we know and love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'm guessing the space jockey is creating the xenos as a weapon to use on earth for some reason. Michael Fassbender sure does look androidy in this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

International trailer below. Very different in tone and content from the US one.

AICN interview with Scott and Lindelof in which they are asked about the rating. Scott prefers the R-rated version, but the decision rests with Fox.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54368

For anyone who missed the Q&A last night, it's playing on a loop here:

http://www.livestream.com/prometheus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think I'm just going to stop watching trailers. Not a ****ing chance I'm watching a 2 minute plus one.

Give me blindness any day of the week.

Scott prefers the r rated version? Ya see, this is his problem...scott is one of the best directors going, yet seems to have no say in the final cut of his films. He needs to have more of a backbone in fighting fox on this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's very unlikely the R-rated version will get released theatrically. I suspect that was just a bone the studio threw Scott to keep him happy. Lindelof can obviously see the writing on the wall as he keeps emphasising that Scott is happy with the PG-13 version.

And just to be clear, Scott does have final cut, but he is contractually obliged to deliver a PG-13 rating. I assume Fox wasn't willing to green-light a $150-200m R-rated science fiction film. Not when films like The Girl with Dragon Tattoo (which only cost €90m) struggle to break even. I'm sure Scott is fighting for his version of the film, but he didn't get to where he is today by burning his bridges like Terry Gilliam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Even if Ridley gets his way now, there'll still be another 6 "cuts" on DVD/BD over the coming decades.

• Advertisement

What Scott films have six cuts? Blade Runner really only has two cuts worth talking about. The international and workprint cuts are a joke, while the "Final Cut" is just a slightly improved version of the director's cut.

Lucas and Spielberg mess around with their films more than Scott does, but Scott gets flak for being honest and actually including the original version on the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What Scott films have six cuts? Blade Runner really only has two cuts worth talking about. The international and workprint cuts are a joke, while the "Final Cut" is just a slightly improved version of the director's cut.

Lucas and Spielberg mess around with their films more than Scott does, but Scott gets flak for being honest and actually including the original version on the DVD.

in Kingdom Of Heavens case it made a much better film having a longer cut,the extended one is fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I was hardly being serious.

Just having a look at that Gif again.

Its definitely a chest burster. And one thing noone pointed out - it's being held in an automatic gripper / tongs type thing.

Looks as though its been removed from whoever is in that surgical pod.

They must have found out that it was growing inside, and surgically removed it. (must be Rapace's character, as she can be seen in some discomfort in her quarters beforehand).

On the international trailer posted by the sad professor, go to 1:44 - whoever is talking on the radio clearly says 'its in my throat, in my throat' a couple of times. Sounds as though he's been face-hugged :) (but somehow still able to speak?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It doesn't look like a chestburster though, it seems to have 2 tails, or tentacles

On the international trailer posted by the sad professor, go to 1:44 - whoever is talking on the radio clearly says 'its in my throat, in my throat' a couple of times. Sounds as though he's been face-hugged :) (but somehow still able to speak?)
    Are you sure? Sounds like he's saying "it's in my suit" to me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just having a look at that Gif again.

Its definitely a chest burster. And one thing noone pointed out - it's being held in an automatic gripper / tongs type thing.

Looks as though its been removed from whoever is in that surgical pod.

They must have found out that it was growing inside, and surgically removed it. (must be Rapace's character, as she can be seen in some discomfort in her quarters beforehand).

Nothing definite about it being a chestburster really, could be anything. Wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately trying to make it look like its a chestburster. Seriously doubt there's xeno's in this. If they're speaking there's no way its a facehugger, it could be anything, judging by the trailer there's most likely life forms in this we've not seen before.

al28283 wrote: »
    It doesn't look like a chestburster though, it seems to have 2 tails, or tentacles

You're seeing the reflection of its tail in the glass lol

Its definitely a chest-burster.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing definite about it being a chestburster really, could be anything. Wouldn't be surprised if they deliberately trying to make it look like its a chestburster. Seriously doubt there's xeno's in this. If they're speaking there's no way its a facehugger, it could be anything, judging by the trailer there's most likely life forms in this we've not seen before.

Not a hope.

The only things that link this and Alien are the xeno's and the Jockeys - both of which are linked entirely.

So therefore the only thing that would make sense is that the xeno's / jockeys are in both.

Look at the gif again (or open it in photoshop if you can). The person in the pod has blood spattered all over them, and you can just see above the underwear a huge amount of blood coming from the upper stomach / chest region. The person's right leg is blocking the view mostly, but its definitely there. The surgical pod thing even has blood spattered on the inside.

People thinking that there won't be Alien's in this are seriously either reading WAY too much into the interviews, or out of their mind to think that the newest 'Alien' feature won't have the star of the show.

The chestburster doesn't look exactly like the ones we've seen before - I'm guessing its an earlier version which was then refined into the ones we already know.

I'm thinking maybe the facehugger is only one delivery method - there appears to be tiny creatures in Prometheus in the trailer (coming out of a jar thing) that may work similarly to some sort of microbial infection that then grows into a chestburster, or maybe even nano-bots of some description.

Not a hope.

The only things that link this and Alien are the xeno's and the Jockeys - both of which are linked entirely.

So therefore the only thing that would make sense is that the xeno's / jockeys are in both.

Look at the gif again (or open it in photoshop if you can). The person in the pod has blood spattered all over them, and you can just see above the underwear a huge amount of blood coming from the upper stomach / chest region. The person's right leg is blocking the view mostly, but its definitely there. The surgical pod thing even has blood spattered on the inside.

People thinking that there won't be Alien's in this are seriously either reading WAY too much into the interviews, or out of their mind to think that the newest 'Alien' feature won't have the star of the show.

The chestburster doesn't look exactly like the ones we've seen before - I'm guessing its an earlier version which was then refined into the ones we already know.

Ah ok, I didn't spot the blood on Rapace in the pod, if thats the case then maybe it is a chest burster.

• Advertisement

Even if it is a chestburster, for all we know that's the final scene of the film.

Advertisement