Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

At 00:49 is that an Earth scene? Me no likey.

1:59 Space Jokey?

2.04 Space Jokey to the right?

2.05 Space Jokey on operating table?

2.12 Definitely Space Jokey

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You can really see Lindelof's influence on the plot. All the mythological touches, etc. I doubt they were in Spaihts's script. Also, Scott's said at the Q&A that the film will leave things open for a sequel. This pretty much confirms what Lindelof already said months ago: that the film is set in the same universe, but isn't a direct prequel. This means it's almost certainly going to branch off in its own direction at the end. Although I can't hep but wonder if this will mess with the existing canon. I don't get the feeling that either Lindelof or Scott care too much about the non-Scott sequels. There might be a lot of toys getting thrown out of prams come June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Bluesteel7

I was going to fap tonight but i think after that trailer im done till june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

That trailer is visually very dark and claustrophobic looking now, I really like the look but I hope it's not totally relying on visuals, Alien Ressurection springs to mind.

If Scott says its not directly tied to Alien then maybe he plans to do this over a trilogy or something.

Either way, I think its a great way to kickstart the franchise after all the damage thats been done to it. The anticipation around this film is amazing, it goes to show the size of fanbase the Alien franchise has.

I think we deserved better over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That trailer is phenomenal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Lots if tantalising hints in there - looking forward to the frame by frame breakdown by one of the fan sites.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I got shivers down my spine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wow!! Amazing, cannon wait to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Amazing score for the trailer, it has little touches that reminds me of other scores like Inception but it is still like nothing I've heard before.

I've gotta admit, that these teasers and trailers have trumped TDKR's thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm glad that Scott had moved away from the pretense of this not being an Alien prequel. Trailer does look great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Trailer looks amazing. Any word on if its getting an R rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Want. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fap fap fap fap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Sweet Jesus that looks awesome!

The amount of times I've watched that trailer is crazy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I thought the IMAX teaser was better. I don't like all the flickering at the end of the second trailer.

Found some deadly gifs and stills of the trailer, but I suppose it's against the law to post them here now. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Can you PM them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Crikey that trailer was intense, gave a bit more away about the story then i would have hoped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Crikey that trailer was intense, gave a bit more away about the story then i would have hoped though.

thats what worried me, havent watched it yet and probably wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

One thing you don't see anywhere though is actual aliens (of any sort). All the things that might be alien look like
    transformed humans

As I suspected after the first trailer by the looks of it this is going to be one of these
    parasite infects crew, starts changing them, they go mad and they start killing each other
    . Frankly that has been done to death at this stage, it is one of the most cliched plots in sci-fi and usually rolled out when the writers cannot think of anything practically original to do.

Hope I'm wrong, but getting decidedly less excited about the movie after each new trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zombrex wrote: »
    One thing you don't see anywhere though is actual aliens (of any sort). All the things that might be alien look like
    transformed humans

As I suspected after the first trailer by the looks of it this is going to be one of these
    parasite infects crew, starts changing them, they go mad and they start killing each other
    . Frankly that has been done to death at this stage, it is one of the most cliched plots in sci-fi and usually rolled out when the writers cannot think of anything practically original to do.

Hope I'm wrong, but getting decidedly less excited about the movie after each new trailer.

Who else thinks Fassbender's character will pull a
    Sam Neil in Event Horizon
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Who else thinks Fassbender's character will pull a
    Sam Neil in Event Horizon
    ?

Doubtful. I think Fassbender is playing
    an android. So if he turned on the crew it would be way too close to Ash in the original.

In regards to the
    Infection theory, I can only agree that it hopefully isnt that simplistic. I got more of an impression that they set off a chain reaction on the ship that puts them in danger in a more physical fashion then an infection.
    In saying that it is, presumably a psychological thriller at heart so my theory probably doesnt work either.

Zombrex wrote: »
    transformed humans

Search for images and stills of the trailer, you'll find an abundance of references to the alien mythos.

dr gonzo wrote: »
    Doubtful. I think Fassbender is playing
    an android. So if he turned on the crew it would be way too close to Ash in the original.

In regards to the
    Infection theory, I can only agree that it hopefully isnt that simplistic. I got more of an impression that they set off a chain reaction on the ship that puts them in danger in a more physical fashion then an infection.
    In saying that it is, presumably a psychological thriller at heart so my theory probably doesnt work either.

Ah yeah I forgot that he's playing an
    android
    . nless whatever the
    infection is it kills people but maybe not sythetics?
    I'm hoping the trailer gave a lot less away than it seems. Think I'm anticipating this more than TDKR now.

Found some deadly gifs and stills of the trailer, but I suppose it's against the law to post them here now. :rolleyes:
    It's fine, post away.

1Q828.gif

lgXvQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

In all seriousness that is one of the best trailers I have ever seen. I was looking forward to this but after that I can't fupping wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was convinced that was Tom Hardy until I looked it up, Marshal-Green is the spit of him

723ac808-f453-466f-a0bd-fba6350b2324.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Spoonman75

1Q828.gif

lgXvQ.jpg

Ok I'm pretty sure that gif is showing a proto facehugger, but that second picture? Proto Queen?

Ridley, if you're reading this, no more trailers please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spoonman75 wrote: »
    Ok I'm pretty sure that gif is showing a proto facehugger, but that second picture? Proto Queen?

Ridley, if you're reading this, no more trailers please!

Pretty sure that's a full on Alien - recently born.

Advertisement