Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petty Revenge on a Bouncer

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Piste wrote: »
    When you're working in customer service an attitude like that is completely unacceptable.

But the "customer service" argument does not apply, as they'd already made it clear that they did not want you as a customer.

You say that you understand why they didn't let you in, but what more did you expect from that after that? A heartfelt apology and an invitation to please come back again another night? When it was clear you weren't getting in, you should have just moved away. I don't blame them for being brusque!

I'd some sympathy for you with the first post coz I assumed you were posting drunk and would regret it in the morning, but you must be sober now and you're talking about keying his car? Just because he was doing his job and, by the sounds of it, doing it properly?

I find your attitude disgusting to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Easy come back with a fake driving license even though you are legal. Then after he lets you in with, let him know you showed him the wrong ID cue the real license. :D

Or the bouncer could call the cops and you have just left yourself open for being done for it =) (A fake drivers licence is classed as forgery in Ireland I believe, althought I have never seen them do anything more than tell the underage lad to piss off home and call out the next day for a chat with their folks.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OK, I've been in this position LOTS of time's and I think the door staff most likely (based solely on my own experience of working door's for nearly 20yrs) made the right call on knocking you back OP.

I'd bet my life on it that they'd you flagged 50 mtrs away - instantly a question mark is thrown over your head.

Then here's the crux of the matter, and I won't believe you if you tell me otherwise - you discarded the can on the pavement or or otherwise fvcked it away elsewhere (because there's no way did yo uwalk up to the door holding a can & clubs don't provide trash can's outside their premises for customers to discard their empties), then got lippy and self rightous when called out on it!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I'd bet my life on it that they'd you flagged 50 mtrs away - instantly a question mark is thrown over your head.

Bingo, if you will break the law for your own convenience outside a pub/club then it implies you will break it inside as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Hate bouncers. I try desperately to avoid places that have 'em. Even though I'm still well past the legal age I just know if the bouncer's had a bad day or doesn't like me then he'll ask the ol' reliable "got ID?" . I hate bouncers man, they do me nut in. Bouncers abroad can be nice sometimes and get the door for you and speak to you. Here in Ireland it's like we've cartels of bouncers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I used to hate bouncers.I used to get really annoyed not being allowed in...even though I was underage:D now that I am 18 though...I realise that the majority of bouncers are just doing their job.Having worked with the public myself I can understand that you might be having a bad day and let your anger out on the wrong person.There are,of course,bad bouncers who are disrespectful and unprofessional to say the least.As I said though,the majority of bouncers are just doing their job.I know they could have being more polite towards you but Im sure that if they were you would have stuck around and tried to persuade them to let you in.Being harsh with you gets you to feck off.I have being in your position yourself but you know that you were in the wrong just put it down to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

In fairness, I would have banned you if you tried to get in to my club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I look forward to the thread about

"Bouncers over-reaction to me keying his car"

OP you need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I love it when a thread completely turns on the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

he might be 'double jobbing', report him to the taxman ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Just because you were silly enough to drink a can outside and get refused, dont be tarring bouncers with the same brush here. Im a bouncer in some well known nightclubs the odd time and people who dont get in never see their own faults. Clubs dont want people who have already been drinking and that is perfectly within their rights to refuse them.

Next time you go out, stand in the queue. Dont drink cans, dont be a loudmouth and if the bouncer stops you just talk nicely.

Please!!! Are you that naive to think that every punter you have let in has been sober? Showing up to a club at 1am or whatever? Sorry mate you've had a pint no entry. (unless you are extremely good looking of course, then it doesn't matter).

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the OP but I think a lot of bouncers are on a power trip and they take an irrational dislike to some people. When I was younger I couldn't get into so many places because bouncers just like to be dicks sometimes.......

Let's be honest these people are not trying to gain entry to a chruch or to drive a car or something they are going into a place to get drunk, so really having had a drink shouldn't really be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

"I hate bouncers, seriously, I hate bouncers"..................eh, what's with all the sweeping generalisations that each and every bouncer in the whole country is an a$$hole?! More often than not, they've got good reason for refusing someone entry into the club. I myself have been refused once or twice [was too drunk!] and rightly so [although I didn't see the sense in it at the time!]

However, I've noticed if you do get even slightly lippy with them they're having NONE of it. I don't want to speculate here OP, but when they said you weren't getting in son, did you shrug your shoulders, accept it and go home? Or did you have an answer for them..........

Personally, if I was a bouncer and saw a guy drinking from a can in the queue, I wouldn't let him in either.

And yes, realistically speaking, "no club wants people who've been drinking" but they're not completely stupid - they know most people have had quite a bit to drink before going into the club - the trick is to at least look/behave sober!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

"I hate bouncers, seriously, I hate bouncers"..................eh, what's with all the sweeping generalisations that each and every bouncer in the whole country is an a$$hole?! More often than not, they've got good reason for refusing someone entry into the club. I myself have been refused once or twice [was too drunk!] and rightly so [although I didn't see the sense in it at the time!]

However, I've noticed if you do get even slightly lippy with them they're having NONE of it. I don't want to speculate here OP, but when they said you weren't getting in son, did you shrug your shoulders, accept it and go home? Or did you have an answer for them..........

Personally, if I was a bouncer and saw a guy drinking from a can in the queue, I wouldn't let him in either.

And yes, realistically speaking, "no club wants people who've been drinking" but they're not completely stupid - they know most people have had quite a bit to drink before going into the club - the trick is to at least look/behave sober!!!

But why should it make a difference if it looks like you've had maybe 3 or 4 pints? it shouldn't matter as long as you don't look like you're about to be sick or being abusive, I honestly think a lot of these guy's are on a power trip...

I rarely go to Niteclubs but when I do, I make sure and try to go somewhere decent.
    By decent I mean somewhere that doesn't have young fellas standing in the queue swigging from cans of larger.

+1

Can't actually believe the OP actually thought he was in the right here :rolleyes:

Because generally speaking, those who've had a couple of drinks are more likely to cause trouble/get sick/act the idiot, particularly when you top that up with 2 or 3 more drinks they've probably get inside!!

And you can tell this by the look of someone can you? This results in certain people not being able to get ion anywhere. For example I quite often work late and will go to a lte bar in the city centre and around 1am, no drink taken and quite often I'll be refused entry even though I've not had a single drink. They just get it in their heads that your not getting in and that's the end of it. It's the most frustrating thing in the world.

Once theve decided not to let you in there is no changing of their mind.

Edit: Possibly not letting me in cos I'm alone but that shouldn't make any difference, obviously going in to meet someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

In fairness what did you expect?? the bouncer is hardly gonna say "gwan in....you can finish the can inside"!! Next time you would be better off finishing the can before you get to the queue!!:p

If I was a bouncer and saw someone drinking in the queue id tell them get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Because generally speaking, those who've had a couple of drinks are more likely to cause trouble/get sick/act the idiot, particularly when you top that up with 2 or 3 more drinks they've probably get inside!!

If people are causing trouble after a "Couple" of drinks, then they shouldn't be in public never mind in a Night-Club.

Yeah because we can realistically put a stop to people appearing in public .............

I don't know the answers, just putting it out there what might be going through some bouncers minds!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

They're there to protect what you could call the brand image of the establishment.

The brand image............so you mean all those times I was refused from Barcode it wasn't because they didn't know my face, but rather because I didn't look like their typical metrosexual clientele? Bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

ANYWAY, while I recognise that for drinking in the street bouncers have every right to turn me away, do they have to be such **** about it? Every second person was staggering in drunk, and the bouncers even let in one guy with a really obviously fake drivers' licence saying "get you and your fake licence in there". When I called him up on it and asked if he'd let the rules slide for me like he did for the other guy he was like "uhhh that licence wasn't fake" even though he explicitly said it was. They were also turning away obviously sober people and having a laugh about it.

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

*I had to go back and change all the "b"s in "bouncer" to lower case. Proper Nouns are too good for them.

Your attitude stinks of sh!t. "Possibly get him fired"......seriously stfu. He did his job. The fact that you were stupid enough to drink in the queue for a club clearly shows to the bouncer on the door that you want to be turned away. let's hope that this little idiotic rant was nothing more then those couple of cans speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

1. Drive by egging. A dozen free range should do the trick

2. Fill a super soaker water pistol full of p*ss and again drive by p*ss squirting.

3. Hire a hitman.

4. Bomb scare to the club

5. All of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Some people seem to be missing the point that bouncers have to judge books by their covers.
    What are they going to to?
    Add you as a friend on Facebook and get to know you first?

Also, when a bouncer says "sorry pal, not tonight", it is possible to negotitate.
    By politely stating your case there's a chance that they'll change their mind and let you in.
    It's worked for me in the past.
    Use the opportunity to trick them into thinking show them that you're a decent, non-troublesome sort.
    Rather than getting lippy and confirming what they already suspected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Some people seem to be missing the point that bouncers have to judge books by their covers.
    What are they going to to?
    Add you as a friend on Facebook and get to know you first?

Ha, well in the place I've already mentioned the bouncers must be real poor judges of character because there are still fights there every week. As well as the fact that they let bleeding 15 year olds into the place.

And yes, I always politely walk away as I'd never give these guys the satisfaction of confirming their prejudices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

1.They are not "bouncers".They are door security."bouncers" implies they are aggressive and bounce you off the walls.

2.Drinking a can is illegal on the street.It is well known in the security industry that you can stop a person who is visibly committing a crime.(eg. you in the queue)

3.This is the their job.Would you like someone to come after you or exact revenge if you banned them from this forum???

4.Once again it is their job....This is what they have to do to earn money for their families.What if the manager spotted you on the camera and radioed to them not to leave you in.This does happen.And sometimes although it is illegal management choose what type of client they want.

Did you ask to see the manager???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

shezer wrote: »
    1.They are not "bouncers".They are door security.

That's how far I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment"..

Sorry buddy i stopped reading there.

That comment reflects more on you than it does the bouncers. As a former bouncer myself i know many of them worked in that position part time to help pay for college tuition. I know there are many of them that are gob****es, however there are more that are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

There's little you can do if they make a arbitrary decision about whether you can get in the club or not. The only people who think they can get into somewhere after they've been refused are:

extremely stupid
    extremely drunk
    extremely arrogant
    extremely naive
    or extremely lucky(or good looking) and actually get int.

There's nothing you can do about this, there's nothing worth doing about it either.

Get your mates to plead with the bouncer. It worked once for me :pac:.
    The Al Lad wrote: »
    1. Drive by egging. A dozen free range should do the trick

Actually.

During a particularly crazy night in galway (dub here) my friend got rejected, so i mooned the bouncers. Around 4 minutes later an egg was thrown out the window of a passing car and hit my friend. It didn't crack properly though. I wonder were the two incidences related?

Advertisement