Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petty Revenge on a Bouncer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

You could kill his parents, grind them up to make chilli and then feed it to him under the guise of a chilli-con-carneval.

When you get arrested blame it on this cartoon you saw that gave you the idea and you'll get a lesser sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I highly doubt that you've been the first person "scorned" by a bouncer.

you know who you need to call...

Nono, this is a Gerry Ryan moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Leave poor ole Piste alone. It was a can of coke...(go with it dude...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Piste wrote: »
    I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".
    lol

I wonder who's really the one with the attitude problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Well you could ring up the bar the bouncer works at and ask for the manager, say that your 15 year old son came home last night completely drunk and that you had found out from a friend that he was allowed entry into the bar by said bouncer despite him quite obviously being underage. Tell the manager you are furious and seriously considering going to the Gardai and demanding that their license be rescinded for allowing entry to underage kids. Say that you can’t believe how incompetent the door staff must be and that unless they do something about this you will have to.

You would be a cock but it would probably be pretty effective in making the guys life more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CNN Reporter

I take it you are probably around 18/19? Those of us who have been going out for years know the way bouncers work.

I'm fairly sure drinking a can or drinking anything in any nightclub queue will get you refused. It's not specific to the club you went to. Finish your drink around the corner, or before you get there and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Doc wrote: »
    Well you could ring up the bar the bouncer works at and ask for the manager, say that your 15 year old son came home last night completely drunk and that you had found out from a friend that he was allowed entry into the bar by said bouncer despite him quite obviously being underage. Tell the manager you are furious and seriously considering going to the Gardai and demanding that their license be rescinded for allowing entry to underage kids. Say that you can’t believe how incompetent the door staff must be and that unless they do something about this you will have to.

You would be a cock but it would probably be pretty effective in making the guys life more difficult.

Most fitting avatar ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

In Fairness OP, you deserved to be bunked. Drinking IN the Queue? That's just stupid.

BTW, you posted this when you were pished didn't you? I would hate to be you in the morning. "Ugh, did I really start a thread on AH about Bouncers, thats so Cliche!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Drinking in the Q is pretty dumb, but we all do stupid things when out.

My story -

I went out after work on night, just for a pint, but ended up headin to a club, the bouncer refused me for not being dressed right! shirt black pants and shoes dont cut it in that píss hole. so we ended up goin to the one across the road, on the way, some homeless guy was begging. I offered him a take away in exchange that he go up and try his hardest to get in the club, knew he wouldnt get in, but pointed out the doorman, said, make his life a missery, dont let him ignore you. while he was doing this i went and got him a burger and chips, came back and the bouncers were pushing him along, i asked what happed and my mates who were there said that the doorman started calling him all the names under the sun so the dude, dropped tro, and píssed on the legs of the doorman!!! mates had it all on camera phone so we went down to show the doorman, he said, thats great i can use it in evidence! LOL no!! we will make great use of by putting it on youtube and showing it to all the other people you have turned away! he never said a word, and im too nice to put it on youtube, he is as nice as pie to us now!!!

Legend! I win!! hope he got new pants. fair play to the homeless guy, who is now a person I say hello to every time i see him. he is also a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

So you got refused and went home to post it on boards instead of finding some where else to drink. Also drinking a can in the que = enterance fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Darksaga87 wrote: »

My story -

I went out after work on night, just for a pint, but ended up headin to a club, the bouncer refused me for not being dressed right! shirt black pants and shoes dont cut it in that píss hole. so we ended up goin to the one across the road, on the way, some homeless guy was begging. I offered him a take away in exchange that he go up and try his hardest to get in the club, knew he wouldnt get in, but pointed out the doorman, said, make his life a missery, dont let him ignore you. while he was doing this i went and got him a burger and chips, came back and the bouncers were pushing him along, i asked what happed and my mates who were there said that the doorman started calling him all the names under the sun so the dude, dropped tro, and píssed on the legs of the doorman!!! mates had it all on camera phone so we went down to show the doorman, he said, thats great i can use it in evidence! LOL no!! we will make great use of by putting it on youtube and showing it to all the other people you have turned away! he never said a word, and im too nice to put it on youtube, he is as nice as pie to us now!!!

Legend! I win!! hope he got new pants. fair play to the homeless guy, who is now a person I say hello to every time i see him. he is also a legend.

Well played Dark, well played!!!:D Good trick for future use.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

You should've just started crying when the bouncer refused you. Works every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Dave! wrote: »
    I'm really glad you didn't get in tbh, you seem like someone I would dislike

lol @ you

Coming from the mod of the non-drinking club that's not really a surprise :D
    C'mon Piste, you're a mod remember? You've got to set a good example for us young 'uns.

Pffffft, most of the mods on here are insane, drunken drug addicts! You don't want to know the things I've done to get my fix. Horrible things, horrible horrible things....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Rules of queueing for nightclubs..:

#1 Don't drink in the queue
    #2 Don't wear a tracksuit
    #3 Have at least one female with you if possible
    #4 Be relatively sober (or at least look sober)
    #5 Don't have a big thick anti-bouncer head on ya
    #6 Don't bring up the bouncers weaknesses (like letting fake licenses pass)
    #7 Don't be too rowdy in the queue

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS

:pac:

Just because you were silly enough to drink a can outside and get refused, dont be tarring bouncers with the same brush here. Im a bouncer in some well known nightclubs the odd time and people who dont get in never see their own faults. Clubs dont want people who have already been drinking and that is perfectly within their rights to refuse them.

Next time you go out, stand in the queue. Dont drink cans, dont be a loudmouth and if the bouncer stops you just talk nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

ANYWAY, while I recognise that for drinking in the street bouncers have every right to turn me away, do they have to be such **** about it? Every second person was staggering in drunk, and the bouncers even let in one guy with a really obviously fake drivers' licence saying "get you and your fake licence in there". When I called him up on it and asked if he'd let the rules slide for me like he did for the other guy he was like "uhhh that licence wasn't fake" even though he explicitly said it was. They were also turning away obviously sober people and having a laugh about it.

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

*I had to go back and change all the "b"s in "bouncer" to lower case. Proper Nouns are too good for them.

Well, you were happy to make lots of generalisations about bouncers in there so i'll make one about the type of person who gets pissed off and posts about bouncers on the internet.

Your not going to do **** except sit here and bitch and moan and then try and go there again next week.

;)

Don't get me wrong, the doormen sound like **** but i ****ing LOVE it when the holder of the stereotype is the one affected by it. A mild application of common sense would have had you in the door, i.e don't drink in the Q.

And why do you give a **** about anyone else getting in or out, you got turned away for a specific reason that could have been easily avoided.

If you would like to report the bouncer then you can contact the PSA and give the name of the club/pub and also the bouncers license number...which i imagine you don't have? It should be noted that all you can is say "yeah, i was drinking outside and they wouldn't let me in" and after that everything else is going to sound like you are making **** up for petty vengeance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The only thing that would make this more knackersome is if you were drinking dutch gold.

Firstly, drinking beer from a can is just wrong on so many levels, beer should be drank either from a glass or a bottle. That's that.

Drinking, from a can, on the streets, on a night out and especially in close proximity to a public house = scummy retardation*

*This is the technical term I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

I used to work in a night club taking the money as people came in, we used to have bets on to see how many times the doormen were going to be "payed back" or "got" everynight.
    In the six years that I was there only four people ever came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue.

He must've thought you were already too Piste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

YT wrote: »
    I used to work in a night club taking the money as people came in, we used to have bets on to see how many times the doormen were going to be "payed back" or "got" everynight.
    In the six years that I was there only four people ever came back.

"Do you know who i am?" _ "Yes, you are the guy who is not coming in, i've heard of you."

In the rougher years down in Limerick, after one of the best known and most well respected doormen in the city was killed, everyone and there dog thought it was a great idea to threaten doormen. My favourite one was a guy telling me he would "make me famous". I started singing a song like i was auditioning for X-factor and asked him for image and marketing advice.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    "Do you know who i am?" _ "Yes, you are the guy who is not coming in, i've heard of you."

In the rougher years down in Limerick, after one of the best known and most well respected doormen in the city was killed, everyone and there dog thought it was a great idea to threaten doormen. My favourite one was a guy telling me he would "make me famous". I started singing a song like i was auditioning for X-factor and asked him for image and marketing advice.

:D Ah that old chestnut!

In fairness the four people who did come back, were crazy f*ckers and made sure we will never forget it :eek:

I used to hate the f*ckers who were refused but would proceed to stand there all night alternating between abuse and pleading to get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

When I was around 18 I came out of a pub in town which had a nightclub straight across the street. This was a tiny back street so you were basically right up close to the door. We did not want to go in, nor would have got in dressed the way we were, fairly pissed too. I had a flagon in my bag and started drinking it. The bouncers in the club were telling me to "get the f*ck away" etc, which was fair enough, but we were waiting for mates to come out.

Then they started getting more aggressive and next thing the manager of the club walks out, but it turned out he was a mate of my older sister from my old road! I was surprised he recgonised me at all, came out and gives me a big handshake and invites me & the lads into the club, the look on the bouncers face was priceless. I strutted in past them grinning, flagon in hand, and chatted for a minute and then went off again. Pricks were fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

YT wrote: »
    I used to hate the f*ckers who were refused but would proceed to stand there all night alternating between abuse and pleading to get in!

I once refused a lad (plastered) at 10.30pm, he hung around outside the door till I had everyone cleared out about 3ish. Not aggressive, just pleading. "Come on mate, I'm sober now" (As he staggers accross the path) "can I come in yet".

oeb wrote: »
    I once refused a lad (plastered) at 10.30pm, he hung around outside the door till I had everyone cleared out about 3ish. Not aggressive, just pleading. "Come on mate, I'm sober now" (As he staggers accross the path) "can I come in yet".

lol! F*cking eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

ANYWAY, while I recognise that for drinking in the street bouncers have every right to turn me away, do they have to be such **** about it? Every second person was staggering in drunk, and the bouncers even let in one guy with a really obviously fake drivers' licence saying "get you and your fake licence in there". When I called him up on it and asked if he'd let the rules slide for me like he did for the other guy he was like "uhhh that licence wasn't fake" even though he explicitly said it was. They were also turning away obviously sober people and having a laugh about it.

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

*I had to go back and change all the "b"s in "bouncer" to lower case. Proper Nouns are too good for them.

suck it up & put it down to experience - Don't drink in the Q - end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

we used to always knock the can back around the corner and then join the queue. I think drinking cans in the queue is a bit of a joke. They know all the others are hammered but at least they got tanked up out of plain view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Darksaga87 wrote: »

My story -

Seriously put it on youtube. Or at least email it to me??

Good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm laughing at the right-on moral people.
    Like any of you never did anything stupid when you were drunk.

Well i never bitched on a forum about being refused for a good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Well i never bitched on a forum about being refused for a good reason.
    But you bitched about others bitching about it.

You bitched about it by proxy.

Advertisement