Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petty Revenge on a Bouncer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Hipflask = suave. So you're ok.

yes it looks nice but came in a set that was on sale and worked out at 2.50euro,
    and
    it usually contains tesco scotch whiskey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ive drank dutch gold outside, but kids from working class/low income/welfare families would consider me a 'posh cnut/poshie'

perhaps because my clothes are clean and I have good manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why bother with petty revenge when Karma is a bitch?

Betya the bouncer may have give you a chance if it were not for your stinky self righteous attitude, pity your head is wedged to far up your own arse to see it. :D

Im here all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

Doc wrote: »
    Well you could ring up the bar the bouncer works at and ask for the manager, say that your 15 year old son came home last night completely drunk and that you had found out from a friend that he was allowed entry into the bar by said bouncer despite him quite obviously being underage. Tell the manager you are furious and seriously considering going to the Gardai and demanding that their license be rescinded for allowing entry to underage kids. Say that you can’t believe how incompetent the door staff must be and that unless they do something about this you will have to.

You would be a cock but it would probably be pretty effective in making the guys life more difficult.

That's just mean and nasty. Very unlikely it wud work anyway, coz most establishments (big word) are equipped with good quality cctv. So there:p

Its a tough job and most bouncers only do it coz they're really stuck for money.. Even nice drunk people become head wrecking when they're blocked. Then u get people telling you its a great job, getting paid to stand up talking for the nite-as they are legging it inside from the rain...
    moan moan moan.. its refreshing that most people aren't anti-bouncers:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

this would be soooooooooo wrong. The bouncer could be depending on his job for support a family etc. Please OP, don't do this. He stopped you rightly so, for drinking a can in the queue, just learn from it and move on.

if what the op says is true about the bouncer acknowledging letting a person with a fake drivers licence in, then tough sh!t they deserve to lose their job, they just broke the law

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

aDeener wrote: »
    if what the op says is true about the bouncer acknowledging letting a person with a fake drivers licence in, then tough sh!t they deserve to lose their job, they just broke the law
    How do you plan on proving that genius?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Well OP if it had have been any of the other Mods in AH i would have said it was Karma but you're one of the sounder ones so i wont. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

it usually contains tesco scotch whiskey!

Oh Good Lord no - that tastes like old people! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Oh Good Lord no -! :eek:

Its even sicker that you know what they taste like!:D

How do you plan on proving that genius?
    i said they deserve to lose their job, can you read son? did i say i would go about trying to prove it?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

i said they deserve to lose their job, can you read son? did i say i would go about trying to prove it?:rolleyes:
    What?

What?

do you not think that if someone breaks the law when working that they should lose their job?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Is it necessary for me to again point out that I accept I wasn't let in for drinking but it was the subsequent attitude that pissed me off?

Apparently it is. And apparently this thread is proof that most posters don't even read the entire first post of a thread before jumping in :rolleyes:

If I have a chip in my shoulder about bouncers it's not unfounded, not once have I come across a civil, polite bouncer in a Dublin nightclub, and I have come across a good few. When you're working in customer service an attitude like that is completely unacceptable. Maybe it's just a Dublin thing but the bouncers in Galway are really lovely and very polite, when trying to get back into a pub to find my friend when it was closing last week the bouncer was very polite and asked me to wait patiently, instead of telling me to piss off.

Anyway if contemplating petty revenge makes me feel better then what harm? ;) just the thought of keying the guy's car makes me feel more at peace :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

drive by water balloon attack :D or walk to the other side of the road and just throw them at them :D

do you not think that if someone breaks the law when working that they should lose their job?
    :rolleyes:
    If I steel a pen do I deserve to lose my job?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Tbh I wouldn't do anything that could get the club closed down, it's a nice place apart from the arrogance of the bouncers. The reason I came home and ranted instead of fighting my corner is that I know a lost cause when I see one and I do intend on going back there and don't want them remembering my face. As much as I mouthed off in this thread I have better sense to do it to the guy who could wreck most of my nights out!

If I steel a pen do I deserve to lose my job?
    and you were the one being sarcastic about me being a genius :rolleyes:

technically speaking you are stealing so yeah you would, where do you draw the line?? but that example is so minute in comparison to letting underage people into clubs especially when underage drinking is such a problem in ireland

and you were the one being sarcastic about me being a genius :rolleyes:

technically speaking you are stealing so yeah you would, where do you draw the line?? but that example is so minute in comparison to letting underage people into clubs especially when underage drinking is such a problem in ireland
    If you're going to critique someone's spelling mistakes then at the very least use correct grammar in your post.

The fact that you think someone who steals a pen should be sacked speaks volumes. We'd all be unemployed if we went by your rather retarded logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Piste wrote: »

If I have a chip in my shoulder about bouncers it's not unfounded, not once have I come across a civil, polite bouncer in a Dublin nightclub, and I have come across a good few

Maybe try going to different bars?

The only dickish bouncers Ive encountered in Dublin have been in Dandelions and frankly I dont care cos I hate that place.I attempted to go there 3 times,once soused,once stone cold sober,once a bit tipsy.The soused night,got in no hassle,the tipsy night,got stopped,the sober night I got stopped too but they eventually realised that their logic of me being pissed wasnt the case.

Anywhere else Ive been,whether sober or bananas,they have always been polite and respectful,even when Ive acted the bollix.

Maybe its because Im older but in the future,if I ever get stopped Im not going to stand there arguing with the door staff,it makes you look like a fool.

If you're going to critique someone's spelling mistakes then at the very least use correct grammar in your post.

The fact that you think someone who steals a pen should be sacked speaks volumes. We'd all be unemployed if we went by your rather retarded logic.

where do you draw the line though? stop at stealing a keyboard?you could at least answer that instead of babbling trying to belittle what i say. i personally wouldnt give someone the boot for that but letting in underage people into nightclubs does warrant the sack. you clearly dont think so and that speaks volumes about you.

oh i wasn't being critical just pointing out the obvious, i never claimed to be a genius, it was you who called me so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tbh I wouldn't do anything that could get the club closed down

Your belief in your own omniscience is touching.

Am I missing something here:

Teeny gets refused entry to club for knacker drinking in the queue outside the club.

Upstart bouncer has the temerity to flout accepted class protocol by being a little brusque (as opposed to acting like an obedient trained monkey as one would damn well expect) to one of his betters.

What exactly is the problem here?

I've always found the overwhelming majority of Dublin bouncers to be fine. If I don't get in, I just move on. Plenty of other places to go.

technically speaking you are stealing so yeah you would,
    where do you draw the line though? stop at stealing a keyboard?you could at least answer that instead of babbling trying to belittle what i say. i personally wouldnt give someone the boot for that but letting in underage people into nightclubs does warrant the sack. you clearly dont think so and that speaks volumes about you.

Make up your mind will you?

I clearly don't think letting underage people into clubs deserves the sack? Did I say that? Please quote me on that will you? I don't recall saying that myself.

I personally have never had any problems with bouncers anywhere, ever.

OP, if you keep having problems then maybe you should take a closer look at yourself, maybe the problem lies with you?

Make up your mind will you?

I clearly don't think letting underage people into clubs deserves the sack? Did I say that? Please quote me on that will you? I don't recall saying that myself.

i have my mind made up, i said they would deserve it, but i wouldnt sack them, is that not clear to you? people dont always get what they deserve ya know :rolleyes:

ok you never said that, so let me ask you then, does letting in underage people into clubs warrant the sack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Bouncers 1 - 0 Boards Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Bouncers 1 - 0 Boards Mod

Nice username.

i have my mind made up, i said they would deserve it, but i wouldnt sack them, is that not clear to you? people dont always get what they deserve ya know :rolleyes:

ok you never said that, so let me ask you then, does letting in underage people into clubs warrant the sack?
    Depends how hot they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Tbh I wouldn't do anything that could get the club closed down, it's a nice place apart from the arrogance of the bouncers. The reason I came home and ranted instead of fighting my corner is that I know a lost cause when I see one and I do intend on going back there and don't want them remembering my face. As much as I mouthed off in this thread I have better sense to do it to the guy who could wreck most of my nights out!

There is zero possibility of a pub getting shut down, or a bouncer getting fired, because of one phone call about a made up story.

And looks like i was spot on.

It's hilarious when people principles only extend as far as the ease of their next pint.

You'd be better off not going back man, at least then you'd be voting with your feet and doing something about it, instead of letting that bouncer make you his bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Easy come back with a fake driving license even though you are legal. Then after he lets you in with, let him know you showed him the wrong ID cue the real license. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

TBH OP you don't seem like the worst but you still seem to have missed the point.

Bouncers aren't just there to make sure that everyone trying to get in is over 18.
    They're there to protect what you could call the brand image of the establishment.
    By standing in the queue drinking a can of larger you were disrespecting the establishment and you were disrespecting the bouncers.

For example, let's suppose there's a Niteclub called Burberry.
    Now Burberry had a good name and got a steady stream of respectable clientele
    Unfortunately Burberry's image wasn't protected.
    Suddenly you could find every skanger of the day in Burberry.
    Normal, decent folk decided that they wouldn't be caught dead in Burberry.
    Soon the only trade that Burberry was doing was with the lower strata of society?
    Making any sense?

We've all been there OP.
    We've all thought that bouncer's were **** when we were young.
    Fortunately most of us matured and realised that perhaps there was a reason why the bouncers were treating us like ****.
    Our appearance, attitude, antics, etc.
    I rarely go to Niteclubs but when I do, I make sure and try to go somewhere decent.
    By decent I mean somewhere that doesn't have young fellas standing in the queue swigging from cans of larger.
    I'll be well groomed, shod and apparelled.
    I'll smile at the bouncers and hopefully they'll open the door for me and smile back.
    Give respect and you get respected.

Bottom line OP, bouncers can be complete arseholes but this time it sounds like they were completely in the right.
    Learn from the experience.

Advertisement