Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petty Revenge on a Bouncer

Options
  • 23-07-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

ANYWAY, while I recognise that for drinking in the street bouncers have every right to turn me away, do they have to be such **** about it? Every second person was staggering in drunk, and the bouncers even let in one guy with a really obviously fake drivers' licence saying "get you and your fake licence in there". When I called him up on it and asked if he'd let the rules slide for me like he did for the other guy he was like "uhhh that licence wasn't fake" even though he explicitly said it was. They were also turning away obviously sober people and having a laugh about it.

So I want my petty revenge, nothing illegal, just anything to make the bouncers' lives more difficult, or maybe get them fired. I probably wont act on it, but dammit it'll make me feel better!

*I had to go back and change all the "b"s in "bouncer" to lower case. Proper Nouns are too good for them.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Don't be one of those people that have a chip on their should about bouncers. While agree at least half of them are complete spas they're doing a job. There's little you can do if they make a arbitrary decision about whether you can get in the club or not. The only people who think they can get into somewhere after they've been refused are:

extremely stupid
    extremely drunk
    extremely arrogant
    extremely naive
    or extremely lucky(or good looking) and actually get int.

There's nothing you can do about this, there's nothing worth doing about it either.

but in the spirit of this thread I recommend you wait for him out side, find out where he parks his car, and piss on the door handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Have a poo right outside the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Don't be one of those people that have a chip on their should about bouncers. While agree at least half of them are complete spas they're doing a job. There's little you can do if they make a arbitrary decision about whether you can get in the club or not. The only people who think they can get into somewhere after they've been refused are:

extremely stupid
    extremely drunk
    extremely arrogant
    extremely naive
    or extremely lucky(or good looking) and actually get int.

There's nothing you can do about this, there's nothing worth doing about it either.

but in the spirit of this thread I recommend you wait for him out side, find out where he parks his car, and piss on the door handle.

Finding out his car...why didn't I think of that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

bouncers capitilized in the thread title, YOU LOSE!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

Sean_K wrote: »
    Have a poo right outside the club.
    ha i like that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I think drinking on the street is a illegal anyway OP?

Maybe it's insurance reasons also. If something happened you on their premises and CCTV footage showed you drinking cans in the line to get in, it could imply you were already too drunk to be allowed on premises..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be honest, drinking cans on way into club is a pretty crap thing to be doing and just screams scumbag. He was well within his rights in this case I say.

Conor108 wrote: »
    bouncers capitilized in the thread title, YOU LOSE!!!!!!!

Noooo, I can't believe I conferred a proper noun on those **** :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm really glad you didn't get in tbh, you seem like someone I would dislike

lol @ you

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Yeah OP, you didn't really give a good first impression, drinking cans on the street.......not a good look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,048 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sleep with him, and give him crabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

C'mon Piste, you're a mod remember? You've got to set a good example for us young 'uns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I got refused entry into a pub last saturday night. Hadn't been drinking either.

This is a pub in which I drank in for the last few months during school, exmas etc and have been in on many nights out. Went up and he said my passport photo wasn't recent enough. Fair enough I said as I wasn't bothered on that particular night. But thinking back now it's fairly annoying.
    My money is good enough for them on a quiet weekday but not on a busy saturday night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Kiss him and feel his balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tie his shoe laces together, then watch the magic. I got the idea from a cartoon, tis a classic!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

mickdw wrote: »
    To be honest, drinking cans on way into club is a pretty crap thing to be doing and just screams scumbag. He was well within his rights in this case I say.

+1

OP you got what you deserved imho.

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Kiss him and feel his balls!

I would have had to have drunk more than a can to bear that >.<

To the people saying I shouldn't have been allowed in, you don't seem to have read the thread all that well. Perhaps you are also bouncers? I said I understand why they didn't let me in, it was their subsequent attitude that left a bad taste in my mouth. Nowhere id I suggest they were in the wrong for refusing me entry. My issue is with their attitudes, had you read my post you would have understood that.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jafin

I would have just gone away for 10/15 minutes and queued again, always worked for any of my friends that were refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Very stupid thing to do drinking right in front of them.

I wouldn't have let you in either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

go back next week and say sorry... with a stink palm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfVVjpVZP8I

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Answer me this; if you were a bouncer would you let yourself (:confused:) in? or would you be so pissed off with having to deal with scumbags, drunks and general w****rs all night that you'd stop people for any little reason, maybe the can was good enough reason for him?

If i was a bouncer i'd stop every single person for going in, but thats just cause i'm a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Piste wrote: »
    To the people saying I shouldn't have been allowed in, you don't seem to have read the thread all that well. Perhaps you are also bouncers?

At first I thought that you got what you deserved.
    Now I'm convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Jeez, seems a rather innocuous crime with regards to getting entry into a club.

In fairness to the op, it's always best to get a few cans down you before you get ripped off in the place. I've done it plenty of times before on the way up to a club (never had to queue for one though) so can't really get all high and mighty over it myself.

Revenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Sleep with him, and give him crabs.
    Better still Herpes, the gift that keeps giving even twenty years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Monzo wrote: »
    Jeez, seems a rather innocuous crime with regards to getting entry into a club.

In fairness to the op, it's always best to get a few cans down you before you get ripped off in the place. I've done it plenty of times before on the way up to a club (never had to queue for one though) so can't really get all high and mighty over it myself.

Revenge?
    I'll bet you had the common sense not to do it in the queue! I know I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

this plan should annoy the bouncers i think:P

OP go to a joke shop...buy some stink bombs.......as you cue up for the nightclub break the stink bomb beside the bouncers:D they wont be too pleased,just dnt let them see you doing it

dnt think its illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Finding out his car...why didn't I think of that?!

then buy some break fluid

dont really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I'd probably go straight home and start bitchin on Boards about him...failing that, go somewhere else! I wouldn't let some jumped up rent-a-cop destroy the night!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hello AH regulars. Tonight I was turned away from a well-known Dublin nightclub for drinking a can in the queue. Apparently not only is street-drinking illegal, but it can stop you getting into clubs, no matter how sober you are or how drunk the rest of the queue is. According to the bouncers* it "reflects badly on the establishment". I was amazed that in between shrugs and grunts bouncers knew such long words as "establishment".

I highly doubt that you've been the first person "scorned" by a bouncer.

you know who you need to call...

Advertisement