Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads / Posters that piss you off!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Marketing in general pisses me off. F*cking lies spouted 6 times an hour (in North America anyway). I don't want to see this bullsh*t. It's ugly, garish and fueled by bullsh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

FlutterinBantam pisses me off.............wait, you didn't mean Boards.ie posters you meant..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

eddiehead wrote: »
    Yea.....Go Harvey Go!! Go fcuk off somewhere else

Come on guys, those Harvey Norman ads are the best thing on radio/TV in years! And just imagine what one of those recording sessions is like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

I have three ads that drive me mad! Firstly the Wow harvey wow ad for Harvey Normans thats on the radio now.

The advert on telly for Irish Ferrys or Stena Line or one of those with the boy saying The ship was brilliant but my younger sister everytime it comes on keeps saying the sh1t was brilliant, as the boy doesnt pronounce it right.

The advert for the airfreshener where the boy tells his mother he's going for a poo in pauls house...

The list is endless but I'll stop now.

Also there's an ad on the radio for a charity saying sponsor a child in need, but everytime I hear it sponsor a child in Meath comes to my mind. Its the way they pronounce need. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Breaktown wrote: »
    Always. Have a happy period. What's so f*cking happy about it?!?!

+1 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    All the ads for mascara. They all have a disclamer down the bottom saying "model wearing fake lashes" or "lashes enhanced post production".

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

I hate any Budweiser Ad

Even this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFUj5Gf3Yu4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

The maxwell house ad where the girls talking about going to a festival with her gran and then her gran tells her she danced naked in the mud at a hendrix gig.
    ewwww
    no one needs to know anything like that about their granparents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

The funny thing is, ye may hate these ads, but ye do know them. Which is really the point of Advertisements. If ye had a need for the product from the ad, you will remember it!

I hate any Budweiser Ad, it gives the false impression that Bud is made for human consumption, which we all know is false.

very funny bravo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

carefully avoid harvey norman

or any company who use annoying advertising strategies...

but especially harvey ugh

go harvey go

nice house for sale in wildfire country near sidney......:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Anything Phantom FM does really with their were so awesome totally great its just like being in America...granted they arent the only Irish radio station that does this ....hey everyone speak with an American accent....bleah whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

carefully avoid harvey norman

or any company who use annoying advertising strategies...

but especially harvey ughQUOTE]

yep - i do the same - not gonna help pay for your adverts!!!

em that poo ad bugs me
    also any of the voice over adverts for Danone - haven't bougth their products in years as a result.

adverts which aren't voice overs but sound like they are or maybe should be.

posters/advertisements with American spellings instead of standard using English spelling - Z's instead of S's

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

The one in Omniplex cinemas on the ads before the film where theres a coke popcorn sweets and someother thing singing "Lets all go to the lobby!"

Didn't like it the first time , don't like it the 100th f*cking time!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 John Caddell

"Anything Phantom FM does really with their were so awesome totally great its just like being in America...granted they arent the only Irish radio station that does this ....hey everyone speak with an American accent....bleah whatever".

I don't recall you complaining when we were promoting your various music endevours over the years, Trev M. Short memory, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I bloody hate that "Tranquility" ad that does be on Sky One late at night!
    The calm music in the ad just grates on my nerves for some reason which isn't helped by the really cheap, old looking footage of waterfalls, cliffs and deer in the wild. It really annoys me!

Perhaps I should order it and chill out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Those Activia ads that make up fake scientific names for things for marketing reasons. It's like they just shat all over my intelligence. Bifidus actiregularis? **** off you knobs, actiregularis my hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

The Tampax pearl ad, truely awful the girl who says ""Motha Nattcha Naot Nao" ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH:mad:. Also the ads on comedy central, they are a shining example of attempted brainwashing into watching their cheap crappy "comedy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"He drives, she dies".

As well as being horribly sexist, it's just embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Jose Mourinhio, a portuegeezer, who works in Italy telling my i need to get Sky HD to watch the footy.

Also, not sure what its for, but the one where the kid buys the fake scars. He turns to face the camera with a stupid f'ing grin. I'd love to cave his face in!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

The worst ad I seen recently was in the Storm Cinema in Waterford recently, its another one of these sexist one's telling young male drivers to slow down.

Its a citroen saxo parked up in a dark area with 2 people obviously getting jiggy wid it (car bouncing/squeaking suspension/moans) the squeaking/moaning/bouncing gets faster and faster then stops with guy sighing.
    Cue girl saying 'Is that it' or something to that effect then voice over - men slow down, going fast doesn't impress the ladies.
    I haven't got it word perfect but that's kind of the gist of it. I was cringing so much watching it.

I would also happily throttle whatever numpty created that 'I want to poo at Paul's house' or the other one with the little kid that can't stand the smell of his turds and sends a note out under the bathroom door for his mother to send in a refill for the bathroom air freshener.
    So wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 whoopdefukindo

Dudess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

the lynx add with the guy with the fish in his armpits is annoying, just slimey

but the love interest has massive boobs which makes up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess.
    That Mercury shaver ad - I don't like how the guy tilts it... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

that new diet coke ad:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I hate those fCuk1n ads on the radio and telly that sound the text message tone, then you look for your phone and realise nobody loves you:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

For the love of GOD!
    Why pay for a celebrity to do an add and then overdub them to appeal to us over the pond.... FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

That new furniture ad where they have some tw*t singing "save save, save save, save it" to the tune of Shake It by Metro Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

"We buy any car, dun dun, we buy any car, dun dun, any make, model, year, we buy any car, dun dun"

Omfg, the guy that made that add was taking the piss...

Like the shakaron song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Anonomyte

I hate those gillette ads with tiger woods etc, as if those twats arent making enough money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The End Of Days

Dudess wrote: »
    That Mercury shaver ad - I don't like how the guy tilts it... ;)

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭The End Of Days

Anonomyte wrote: »
    I hate those gillette ads with tiger woods etc, as if those twats arent making enough money.

I have to vote yes to that :) That ad always made me think...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement