Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads / Posters that piss you off!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

World Of Magic Pens....ugh.

Paint Roller...ugh.

Pro Active Solution....feat. Jessica Simpson...ugh...plank.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

"CILLIT BANG, GRIME AND LIME, BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE"

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

"The sh*t was brilliant, like a giant spaceship"

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

The one for air freshener where that annoying little kids announces "I'm going to have a poo at Paul's"

Like who in the f*ck would buy their product after that?

the word poo should never ever ever be used in an add.

It also the fact that he doesnt just say POO once he says it about 8 times...good god I would gladly strangle that child.

The one I hate the most is that ad with the meerkat.....cant remember the name.....has been wrecking my head since 5 O Clock....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭livindadream

If you're having relationship problems...talk to a cord...no Accord!

haha the beautiful thush canastan cream..."it will leave you..feeling yourself again"

eugh

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

the stena line ad with ''curious george''. What a name for a mascot,muppets. Also that ''we buy any car.com'' add i cringe every time i see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

those companies that try to get you to sell them all your unwanted gold.......yeah, I've just been spring cleaning the vault, was wondering what i was going to do with all the gold taking up space....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I would personally like to end the life of the prick who came up with "not-made-from-wheat-made-from-oats-instead-abix".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

On the radio.

'Hurrry on down to Bargaintoww (click)'.

i choose a painful death over ever ever ever shopping for the smallest item in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

They all annoy me tbh. Find myself either leaving the room, flipping around all the other ads (but never stopping!) or just setting the DVR to record, go do something for 10/15 mins and then coming back and being able to skip maybe 2 or 3 sets of ads :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The 118 118 phone ads and the two twats in it. :mad::mad::mad:

I wanna shoot those fcukers 50 times over with one of me double barrels as they race round that fcukin' track.
    Then when I get to shooting them in the balls, I wanna slice the feckers up into little pieces with a jungle machete starting from the toes and working my way upwards inch by slow miserable torturing inch.
    By the time I get to the heads, I'll change tactics and take a long handled lump hammer to their skulls and play croquet with their noggins.

...then I'll sit down and have a beer and relax. Carlsberg - ya can't beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

'Don't see a great night wasted' by Diageo

They go way over the top with some alcohol adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jordo333

the song on the ad for dundrum shoppin centre. **** THAT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Those ads that give away those prizes by answering a question by sending a text message, but they are really subscription services and cost a tenner a week.

Also, like another poster said, those Jamster ads for ringtones/songs. Nobody wants to purchase songs through their phone which costs €10 a month!!!

Basically any ad that tries to scam people out of money in a sneaky way, which are also aimed at children (I'm looking at you Jamster).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

has now started screaming in the ads... pig ignorant
    Would you blame him, he's getting no where and needs more customers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

the song for the liffey valley ad, cheese :D

also hate them badly dubbed ads .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

-Anything too personal... eg Thrush or ''Femine Itching'' makes me gag, why advertise on tv, dear God why???

--XTRAVISION seriously:

1 Euro, 1 Movie, 1 Night... How much is dah???
    1 Euro, 1 Movie, 1 Night... How much is dah??? (repeat to infinity)

I cannot stand it, whatsoever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wUAPt0Lsvw If you want to learn what true insanity sounds like.

-Confused.com advert, their new ad for their website.... one guy drives me mad. He looks like a pennys version fo Russel Brand. (This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UisxOG5OY_8&feature=channel_page)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

The Moy Park ad with the rappin' chicken. I cant change the channel quick enough when that yoke comes on. :)

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Breaktown

Always. Have a happy period. What's so f*cking happy about it?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

the 1 on bustops of a retard playing table tennis....wait it doesnt piss me off it amuses me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

"Do you think you're a posh student"?
    Ughhhh

• Advertisement

kenon wrote: »
    The Moy Park ad with the rappin' chicken. I cant change the channel quick enough when that yoke comes on. :)

Why would a chicken use rap of all things to encourage you to eat chicken

Why is the chicken telling people to eat chicken???

Nonsensical

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

WOW
    HARVEY
    WOW!

Oh and of course

"Get this hilarious fart sound on your mobile"
    "Get this x-ray device on your mobile"
    so on and so forth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Anyone walk past that bus shelter on Camden St. (Dublin 2 for all outside the Pale) that wolf-whistles at you? Most annoying thing in the world cos it goes off every minute or so and its really loud!

One plus to it I suppose is that it pisses the crazy oulfellas standing in the shelter off something terrible. You hear the whistle then its followed by an orchestra of oulfella tut's straight afterwards
    Is that what that is?.
    I was standing at a bus stop on Lwr Abbey Street and there happened to be two 'oul-wans' sitting at it.
    I heard the whistle and presumed it was them with their phones or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Breaktown wrote: »
    Always. Have a happy period. What's so f*cking happy about it?!?!
    Obviously the brain-child of a man, who will never have to experience those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

sensibly

sneaky bulll****

please :eek:drink sensibly
    but please drink drink drink as we are fat greedy corporate booze sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The funny thing is, ye may hate these ads, but ye do know them. Which is really the point of Advertisements. If ye had a need for the product from the ad, you will remember it!

I hate any Budweiser Ad, it gives the false impression that Bud is made for human consumption, which we all know is false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

"I want to do a poo at Pauls"

STFU! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

The ad with the kid complaining about the smell in the bathroom:
    "I'm going to do a poo at Paul's house"

Or the lazer eye surgery ad thats always fekcing on :rolleyes::
    "It's been two weeks since my lazer eye surgery...I don't know what I was so worried about"

or as my brother mocks:
    "It's been two weeks since my lazer eye surgery...and now I'm blind":eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

blue-army wrote: »
    "I want to do a poo at Pauls"

STFU! :mad:

Ah,SNAP!!:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement