Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads / Posters that piss you off!!

Options
  • 22-07-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

What tv ads / billboard posters etc piss you off?

For me it is the mobile phone companies such as Meteor who say:

"Free texts to any network for life" ah it is not f*ckin free!! I have to top up by €20 a month minimum to get it!! Lying f*ckin fup fups! grrrr :mad:

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

Anything that features pleasant music, a happy looking middle aged woman being happy in her life, and then suddenly, the word "DIARRHEA" is shouted at you, totally unexpectedly, to inquire if you suffer from it.

Always catches me off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I hate any ad that poses a stupid challenge - Weetabix, Volvic, Pantene, Activia, Special K...

No I do not want weight loss, vitality, shiny hair and healthy intestines in two weeks. All sounds like a scam to me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Car insurance advert that has car horns very loudly going off as soon at it comes on.
    Wakes up the kids at night and during the day for our youngest one too.

Complained directly to them loads of times. Fcukers! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

The coca cola ad of dublin city.

Typical anti-northside sentiment :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Harvey feckin' Norman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I would personally finance the assassination of that bint from the AIB in Templeogue ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

that radio ad about the ''he drives, she dies'' campaign from the RSA.

As somebody said above, those ads about the 2 week challenge with activia/special K etc.

:mad:

Also....Jamster!:mad:
    I dont know if I'm more pissed at them or the morons who keep funding them, its idiotic & wrong for so many reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

eddiehead wrote: »
    Harvey feckin' Norman

Yep...... the latest Harvey Norman atrocity - WOW HARVEY WOW!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

that daft dave:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

eddiehead wrote: »
    Harvey feckin' Norman

GO HARVEY GO!!!

Schism wrote: »
    GO HARVEY GO!!!

Yea.....Go Harvey Go!! Go fcuk off somewhere else

Schism wrote: »
    GO HARVEY GO!!!

euro cycle, euro baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

has now started screaming in the ads... pig ignorant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That stupid radio ad for the National Aquatic Centre with someone doing a ridiculous voice for a frog or something. :mad: Makes me wanna smash the radio every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Anyone walk past that bus shelter on Camden St. (Dublin 2 for all outside the Pale) that wolf-whistles at you? Most annoying thing in the world cos it goes off every minute or so and its really loud!

One plus to it I suppose is that it pisses the crazy oulfellas standing in the shelter off something terrible. You hear the whistle then its followed by an orchestra of oulfella tut's straight afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

That one with the little boy trying to get his scooter in the dishwasher,because he sees another boy with a shiny one,yes because apparently little boys worry about those sorts of things!

Can't remember what brand it is for but the jingle is seven kinds of stupid!

''*Generic dishwasher soap* gets everything sparkly clean but unfortunately you won't fit your scooter in.''

I just can't get over the fact somebody was paid for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

having a 'cheeky volvic'
    Ugh

when i read this first i thought it said 'ah posters that piss you off'

so in that case.........

never mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't listen to or watch ads... ever... I don't know why anyone does, it's all manipulative crap.
    Remote control + mute button + something else to do for 2 minutes = win.

I'm sure harvey norman & co. are all delighted so many people are talking about their ads, even if it is to say how much you hate them... d'you think they don't know? or that they don't intend to be annoying?
    You're being played like a fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

That bloody golden pages ad! it's just my brain explodes everytime I see it ... everything from the bloody stupid theme song to the weird ass people on it.

freaks me out big time and annoys me so much!!

(And I'm in the advertising business .. oh the shame!)

The one for air freshener where that annoying little kids announces "I'm going to have a poo at Paul's"

Like who in the f*ck would buy their product after that?

the word poo should never ever ever be used in an add.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭Archeron

The one for air freshener where that annoying little kids announces "I'm going to have a poo at Paul's"

Like who in the f*ck would buy their product after that?

the word poo should never ever ever be used in an add.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I hate that little pox. I swore never to buy that product because of that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

the very fact that advertising actually exists is enough to pi$$ me off

AH Answer:
    Them stupid fcukin Harvey Norman ads, i take a solemn oath right here and right now to never, ever buy anything from that sh1thole as long as i live (Any publicity is good publicity?....is it fcuk!) btw is it actually Messrs. Harvey and Norman that do the voiceovers?

Most all radio ads just go through me brain, QVC/every other shopping channel, people knocking/ringing/posting stuff to the house (its a form of advertisement!) and the fact that on NTL digital, nearly every single channel goes to an ad break at exactly the same time, meaning youre bombarded with garbage every 15 mins with no escape.

Come back Cablelink, all is forgiven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Archeron wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I hate that little pox. I swore never to buy that product because of that ad.

+1

i really hate that ad that stole the music off magical trevor,did they think no one would notice?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

All Special K ads

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

HI IM BARRY SCOTT, BANG AND THE DIRT IS GONE

Why shout Barry, why??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

what about that incredibly annoying ad that asks if you want to find out the perfect name for your baby - all you have to do is text your name and your partners name to some number and they text you back the perfect name, at a cost of course, and its also probably a subscription servoce thats hard to get out of.

anyway, how think would a pregnant woman have to be to resort to using that to choose a baby name.

they probably just conbine the first bit of her name with the second half of his and bingo a perfect name.

ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

Paying 70 bucks for Sky at the moment so far i find the car insurance adds the worst

1. Confused.com
    2. Compare the meercat/market.com
    3. Churchill adds
    4. Hastings Direct
    5. 123.ie
    6. tesco car insurance

Tonnes more....

One of the worst at the moment is the Vanish stain thingy starts off with a kid trying to do some kind of dogh makeing guesture with a delivered pizza and then drops it on the floor and all over his pants....
    cue the generic advert mother "How are we going to get those greasey stains out?"
    HOLD ON NOW
    If that was out of TV land it would be WHAT are you doing you stupid little bollocks!!!!

Also Fungal nail infection adds, Adds for Thrush, Bonjella adds,
    Oh and that stupid meteor add with "Can you help me out in the freezer"

Best add ever though are those cravendale milk adds completly off the wall!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement