Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

I think all dog shelters should be avoided if at all possible.There are Rescues but they are all bursting at the seems with unwanted dogs.Could you put up your dogs photo and information about him,likes / dislikes,good with kids other dogs etc and someone on here may be interested in rehoming him.Make sure you do a home check as well & see where he is going to be living.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I have come to the heartbreaking decision to find a new home for my darling dog Bradley. He is a GS x Collie, but looks all GS with stunning markings. He is 10 months old and fully vaccinated.
    He has the sweetest temperament and is a wonderful companion. His training is going very well and he sits, recalls and fetches on command. He walks perfectly on the dogmatic head halter we have for him.

I have made this decision as unfortunately when 'we' made the decision to get a dog it was 'we', now I am on my own as a single working mother, and it is just not fair on either my son or the dog.

Bradley is playful and energetic as any pup his age should be, but combine that with his size and he is just not suitable to be family pet for a young child. He is so sweet and I have no doubt that he would never intentionally harm anyone, but his size causes problems when my 5yr old wants to play.

At the moment I spend 2 hours in the park with Bradley every day, he has the run of a very large garden when I work in the afternoon and we take short walks with my son in the evening.

However, I cannot walk Bradley after my son goes to bed as I have no minder available, and during the summer months, while my son is off school I will not be able to spend the morning hours with him either.

It's breaking my heart, but I have to consider what is best for both of them. I feel very strongly about irresponsible people getting dogs without looking into the full needs of that dog, and please be assured that I could not have foreseen this situation.

I will not surrender him to a pound, and will keep searching for the right home for him, but the sooner this happens the easier it will be for all concerned.

I'm in tears writing this. Ill have to leave it here for now, but I'll post pics later on, and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭witchity2

I have a gorgeous 2 year old male Golden Cocker Spaniel that I need to rehome.
    He is a perfect adult companion dog but he is not a good dog to have around children. We have 2 young children and while it will break their heart to see him go, we cannot keep him anymore.
    He is neutered, micro chipped, fully up-to-date with his vaccinations and IKC registered.
    Only suitable for a child-free home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

smiledust wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to give up my dog, a lovely little westie. I'd love for him to find a new home. There are many dog shelters in the Dublin/Leinster area. Are they all good? Or should any of them be avoided?

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alily

Unfortunately our circumstances have changed so we cannot keep him. He is a mixture between a german pointer and a weimaraner. He is 11 months old. He would be an excellent hunting dog if someone wishes to train him. He is an active dog and is very clever. He is affectionate and playful. He gets on well with other dogs and is very friendly. He has vaccinations and has been wormed recently.

We will also consider if someone can take him for a few months as we should be able to take him back then.

Please let us know if you can provide a good home for him. We are very sad to have to give him away.

• Advertisement

Some pics of Bradley, who is still looking for a new home :)

b4_zpsfff5f500.jpg

Bradley1_zpsa6625703.jpg

B3_zpsaa34a4db.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Bradley's adorable! Is there no way you can get a friendly neighbour or a dog walker for him? Be a shame to give him up for the sake of a couple of hours IYKWIM...

It's more so for the safety of my son, he can't even play in our back garden as Bradley get too excited with him, and my son doesn't understand that he is only playing and become afraid of him after being knocked over. I couldn't afford a dog walker unfortunately. I am heartbroken, but I have looked at every other option and rehoming him is the best thing for both the dog and my son.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    It's more so for the safety of my son, he can't even play in our back garden as Bradley get too excited with him, and my son doesn't understand that he is only playing and become afraid of him after being knocked over. I couldn't afford a dog walker unfortunately. I am heartbroken, but I have looked at every other option and rehoming him is the best thing for both the dog and my son.

No. Bradley's still very young, and it would break everyone's hearts to get rid of him. I really think training's the key. You need to set proper boundaries with Bradley, to let him know when's the time to play and to stop if he gets too rough. I've seen the pic of your son with Bradley - they look so cute together and you can really see the bond between the two. It won't happen overnight, and you have to work hard at it - both you and your son. But it CAN be done.

I really hope you reconsider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Hi,

With a sad heart, we have to rehome our beautiful terrier x due to financial problems.

She's nearly 2, medium black dog. Very loving, a tad on the hyper side, but would lick the face off you.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to upload photos, but if you pm me your email address ill forward on some photos.

She will come with her kennel and toys if the owner wishes.

She loves long walks and a good pet, and has all her basic commands like sit, stay, lie down and high five.

Pm if interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭olcod

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I have come to the heartbreaking decision to find a new home for my darling dog Bradley. He is a GS x Collie, but looks all GS with stunning markings. He is 10 months old and fully vaccinated.
    He has the sweetest temperament and is a wonderful companion. His training is going very well and he sits, recalls and fetches on command. He walks perfectly on the dogmatic head halter we have for him.

I have made this decision as unfortunately when 'we' made the decision to get a dog it was 'we', now I am on my own as a single working mother, and it is just not fair on either my son or the dog.

Bradley is playful and energetic as any pup his age should be, but combine that with his size and he is just not suitable to be family pet for a young child. He is so sweet and I have no doubt that he would never intentionally harm anyone, but his size causes problems when my 5yr old wants to play.

At the moment I spend 2 hours in the park with Bradley every day, he has the run of a very large garden when I work in the afternoon and we take short walks with my son in the evening.

However, I cannot walk Bradley after my son goes to bed as I have no minder available, and during the summer months, while my son is off school I will not be able to spend the morning hours with him either.

It's breaking my heart, but I have to consider what is best for both of them. I feel very strongly about irresponsible people getting dogs without looking into the full needs of that dog, and please be assured that I could not have foreseen this situation.

I will not surrender him to a pound, and will keep searching for the right home for him, but the sooner this happens the easier it will be for all concerned.

I'm in tears writing this. Ill have to leave it here for now, but I'll post pics later on, and if anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

PLEASE..... if you do have to re home then please please please make sure you strictly vet where he is going, so many people are getting gsd's these days purely for security reasons and the last thing you want is to know that Bradly has gone to a home/yard where he is left chained up and in miserable conditions for the rest of his life. He's gorgeous btw, I swear if I had room id take him. Please please please be careful with where he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Have 2 female black kittens to rehome. Good with dogs and litter trained. Please send me a pm if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Posting on behalf of a client

Urgent foster/adoptive home needed for a 3 yr old male Siberian husky (located in offaly)

Owners are living in Canada now. Parents were looking after him but already have 3 dogs and can't keep him.

They had tried rescues as far as Dublin (from midlands) but all are full.

Owners are going back tomorrow night so he must be rehomed before then or he will be pts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Irishchick wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of a client

Urgent foster/adoptive home needed for a 3 yr old male Siberian husky (located in offaly)

Owners are living in Canada now. Parents were looking after him but already have 3 dogs and can't keep him.

They had tried rescues as far as Dublin (from midlands) but all are full.

Owners are going back tomorrow night so he must be rehomed before then or he will be pts

There is a rescue home in Kerry that never refuses a dog or ever puts them to sleep. Mad place altogether!

<snip: no linking to rescues are per forum charter. Please PM the OP with info. >

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

alily wrote: »
    Unfortunately our circumstances have changed so we cannot keep him. He is a mixture between a german pointer and a weimaraner. He is 11 months old. He would be an excellent hunting dog if someone wishes to train him. He is an active dog and is very clever. He is affectionate and playful. He gets on well with other dogs and is very friendly. He has vaccinations and has been wormed recently.

We will also consider if someone can take him for a few months as we should be able to take him back then.

Please let us know if you can provide a good home for him. We are very sad to have to give him away.

sent pm

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

pm sent

Hi westies4ever, could you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr Bump

Hi all
    I have a 3 year old GSD, I got another GSD 7 months old about 3 weeks ago, my 3 year old is going to rip the pup to bits, I cannot get my older dog to take to him, the 7month old pup is a pedigree with great blood line, I would like to give him to someone who can give him a good home before my 3 year old GSD does some damage to him, anyone in the Kildare area like to collect him tonight, must be able to prove you will keep him and above all give him a good home with space,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Mr Bump wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a 3 year old GSD, I got another GSD 7 months old about 3 weeks ago, my 3 year old is going to rip the pup to bits, I cannot get my older dog to take to him, the 7month old pup is a pedigree with great blood line, I would like to give him to someone who can give him a good home before my 3 year old GSD does some damage to him, anyone in the Kildare area like to collect him tonight, must be able to prove you will keep him and above all give him a good home with space,

Please be very careful who you give your dog to. Take your time and check them and their home out thoroughly. Alternatively have you contacted the breeder, a good one will have no problem taking a pup back.

Hi, ya contacted the breeder, does not want him, also as I stated, whoever gets him has a lot to prove as I will not just give him to anyone, he is a really nice pup,
    Toulouse wrote: »
    Please be very careful who you give your dog to. Take your time and check them and their home out thoroughly. Alternatively have you contacted the breeder, a good one will have no problem taking a pup back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I'll PM you the name of a rescue to contact, they may already have a vetted home waiting for a young GSD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 arfasc

Hi all

Well just found a similar advert on gumtree..

if it's your adv take care because if you write first see will buy I am not sure would be a good home...

arfasc wrote: »
    Well just found this one on gumtree..
    <snip>

take care because if you write first see will buy I am not sure would be a good home...

Oh no!! :(. Mr Bump - PLEASE say that isn't your dog...

EDIT: Found it strange the breeder doesn't want the dog back. Did they say why?

EDIT 2: Went to take out the quote, but DBB beat me to it. Didn't realise...Thanks! :)

The breeder more or less said he would have a problem trying to get him a home because he is 7 months, I will find him a good home as he is a great playful dog and great with people, my other dog just wants to take lumps outa him,
    Oh no!! :(. Mr Bump - PLEASE say that isn't your dog...

EDIT: Found it strange the breeder doesn't want the dog back. Did they say why?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Arfasc, welcome to the forum.
    I know you have edited your post, but it was quoted in full in a subsequent post so the link wwas still accessible. It is against the forum charter to link to dogs-for-sale/free to good home ads on free ads/cheap ads websites for the purposes of causing a stir.
    Thank you for editing your post, but I just want to encourage you to have a read of the forum charter before posting again.
    All the best,
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Unfortunately we need to rehome our Red Setter. She's 1.5 years old and a lovely, affectionate dog. She needs a lot of exercise and we just aren't home enough to give her the attention she deserves. She's a field variety setter (never worked - house pet). It's going to break our hearts to see her go but she deserves more time and exercise than we can give her so it's the right thing to do.

PM me if interested.

Thanks to all who provided advise etc, the GSD pup is now gone to a new home, the family has 4 kids so the dog will get a lot of loving, the whole family came to see the dog an fell in love with the pup, I am so happy he found a new home, :)
    Hi all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sparrowphantom

Fostering a lurcher here as a favour to a family member. It was meant to be going to a large rescue home tomorrow but they're now saying they haven't the space. All other rescue homes in Dublin appear to be full as well.
    He's about 3, un-neutered, good with kids, cats and other dogs (however, he does show defensive aggression tendencies if some other dogs are not nice to him).
    Have two dogs already, no room for this big fella, I'm afraid.
    Anyone willing to offer him a forever home? Please!!!

Have you managed to find a home for the big fella yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sparrowphantom

Do you still have him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Have you managed to find a home for the big fella yet?

Yes thanks. He went to AHAR.ie down in Kerry and has probably been shipped to the UK by now for rehoming.

The Government never mention rescue dogs in their export figures!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Yes thanks. He went to AHAR.ie down in Kerry and has probably been shipped to the UK by now for rehoming.

The Government never mention rescue dogs in their export figures!!!!!

Did he go to another rescue in the UK or to a home? We seem to be sending a lot of rescue dogs to the UK

Advertisement