Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mikia

just wanted to say that all the kittens have found a home now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ekav

Hi there,
    I have a female collie who needs a new home. She was abandoned and I took her in with the intention of finding a home for her. She has been with me now for about 9 months and unfortunately I can't keep her much longer.
    Bonnie is about 18 months to 2 years old. She has a good temperament, is very playful and affectionate, good with kids, travels well in the car. She has been spayed. She has bundles of energy and needs lots of space / exercise. She is quite nervous and has not tried to challenge my 14 year old dog, she seems content to accept the pack structure and I feel she would settle in well to a new home. She would need a little training, I don't have the time to devote to her but she does respond well to the little bits I've done with her and seems to learn quickly.
    I'm having a problem adding pictures to my post but if anyone is interested please PM me and I'll send on pics. She's a short haired black and white collie.
    If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

I have a litter of eight kittens (from two different litters) looking for a loving home, they are tame, cat litter trained and gorgeous! As you can see from the pics, some of them have really unusual markings! They are 8 weeks old now.
    I took in two pregnant strays that were in our back garden, one of the moms is quite tame and we'll keep her while the other stray is quite timid and cautious of humans but we still feed her and the kittens. Its getting to the stage where they will be too big to rehome and am finding it difficult to find owners for them as it is. They are really affectionate because theyve had human contact from the beginning. Below are pics of just some of them, they all have the same colours except for one tabby and one black and white kitten.
    I live in the Kerry area so if you think you can help or know someone looking for a kitten, please drop me a PM!

kittiesm.jpg
    photo0204u.jpg

facebook001.jpg

facebook003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi guys I've two cays at home there great but my pal is on the look out for a Long haird kitten must be long haired as her last little mite died of old age and she always love the long haired and always had one, hope to hear from you soon thanks you either male or female as it would be getting neutered either way!!! Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

[IMG]C:\Users\clodagh\Pictures\28-06-2012[/IMG]

This dog was rescued 5 months ago by a woman who is now ill and cannot keep her. Rosie is about 10 months, neutered, housetrained, good with cats and dogs. She is good in the car and is an indoor dog, not destructive in the house. Rosie is very quick to learn.

She is a gorgeous dog, very gentle and affectionate; a slender dog and is roughly the size of a cocker. She is stunning. She will need company as she is young and she will need an active lifestyle with more than an hours exercise per day, she loves to run:) Thanks for reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 dluby

Hi,

I have three 14 month degus looking for a new home (free). They are a bit skittish but otherwise are friendly and will feed off your lap.

They come with a wooden cage 56cm (D), 102cm (W) and 120CM (H) along with other equipment - see attachment.

If you are interested in taking the degus, I live in the Bray, Co. Wicklow.

Thanks

Damian

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

As some of you may know, I took in a terrier x (maybe with some collie) a few weeks ago and have been looking for a home for him.
    Toby is a very cheerful little guy who loves company. He is always happy to meet people and has integrated well with my own two dogs. He particularly enjoys playing with my female.
    He seems to be quite a smart little guy and is quick to learn, although his recall does need more work.
    He is a lovely little guy and I would keep him myself if I didn't already have my hands full.
    Toby is neutered, wormed and vaccinated. If you think that you can offer him a really good home where he will be loved and kept safe, send me a PM and we can take it from there. A homecheck will apply.
    555410_10150990956868917_2004715355_n.jpg

486546_10150990956988917_1337580774_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17 WildCatXX

PM'd you dluby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Hi Guys,
    2 male kittens for rehoming in limerick area. 3 months old, litter box trained. will miss them terribly...

will post pic once on pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

3 kittens looking for home in galway. 8/9 weeks old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 alexr94

Hi all,

It's killing me to even write this but I have to do what is best for little Alfie. I have only had Alfie, an 8 week old JR pup, for a little while- I adopted him and I love him to pieces. But since I have had him I got a new job and I will be working a lot more. My 3 housemates love him too but we all work. Now I know a lot of people leave dogs alone all day and it is fine but it's killing me leaving him and worrying about what I will do when I have to work late/work away at weekends. Also, I am in a large rented house in Dublin and the garden is not secure. The landlord kept promising me he would sort it out but it's not looking likely. I would like a secure garden for him to run around in freely but I don't want him given to someone who will leave him outside all the time with no affection or attention.

He is a good little boy, I keep him in the conservatory in our house with his toys and water and bed and he never cries or whines. He adores cuddles and he loves snuggling up for a nap and being rubbed. I'm in the middle of toilet training him and he is taking to it so well. He's very clever and learned to pee on newspaper in about 2 days.

If I can find someone, preferably a family, who will love and mind him as much as I do then I will give him away even though it will break my heart. I just want him to get the attention and time he deserves. To be honest if I can't find the right people I will keep him, I would rather he be alone all day with me than with someone who won't love and mind him, and ideally someone who has raised a puppy before. If I could afford a dog walker/daycare I would certainly keep him.

He has a lovely bed, loads of toys, a collar, lead, blankets, food and all the doggie stuff. He is wormed and has been given flea tablets and I am having him vaccinated in the next few days.
    Pics attached. Please only PM me if you really really want a puppy and know the work it involves, or if you know of someone who does.

I can't stress enough that I am only giving him up because he is/will be alone a lot and not because he is trouble or a problem dog. I didn't think I would feel this guilty leaving him. Jack Russells sometimes have a bad rep but they are the most loyal, clever, affectionate little dogs. And he is adorable.

photo.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo4600x800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Alex if you adopted him you must bring him back to where you got him and let them regime him. Was it with a rescue that you got him?

andreac wrote: »
    Alex if you adopted him you must bring him back to where you got him and let them regime him. Was it with a rescue that you got him?

I got him through a friend, his neighbour had a litter of pups and was giving them away. To be honest I am reluctant to give him back to them, he was given away too young and wasn't wormed or vaccinated by these people. I'm not criticising them, they could be lovely people. But I own him now and I don't even know if they would take him back, they were keen to give away the pups. I would like to find people who want a puppy and will love him.

I'm sure it sounds like I am someone who rushed into getting a puppy without really thinking of the work involved, but as I said a lot of things happened at once and I came to realise that he would end up being alone a lot and I wasn't prepared for the guilt and sick feeling I would have leaving him alone, and the worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

alexr94 wrote: »
    andreac wrote: »

I got him through a friend, his neighbour had a litter of pups and was giving them away. To be honest I am reluctant to give him back to them, he was given away too young and wasn't wormed or vaccinated by these people. I'm not criticising them, they could be lovely people. But I own him now and I don't even know if they would take him back, they were keen to give away the pups. I would like to find people who want a puppy and will love him.

I'm sure it sounds like I am someone who rushed into getting a puppy without really thinking of the work involved, but as I said a lot of things happened at once and I came to realise that he would end up being alone a lot and I wasn't prepared for the guilt and sick feeling I would have leaving him alone, and the worry.

Alex
    I admire your honesty in how you're facing up to the reality of your little pup's needs. I'm glad you mentioned the original owners as I was about to post questioning about his age. he should've been with his mother until 8 weeks minimum. He might need some supplementary feed if he's missed out on nutrition from his mum but I imagine that you've already sought the assistance of a vet.
    He looks like a lovely little fellow I hope you find a perfect home for him. I'd be tempted but we've already a dog plus we keep hens and jack Russell's and hens don't mix!! ;)

Damer wrote: »
    Alex
    I admire your honesty in how you're facing up to the reality of your little pup's needs. I'm glad you mentioned the original owners as I was about to post questioning about his age. he should've been with his mother until 8 weeks minimum. He might need some supplementary feed if he's missed out on nutrition from his mum but I imagine that you've already sought the assistance of a vet.
    He looks like a lovely little fellow I hope you find a perfect home for him. I'd be tempted but we've already a dog plus we keep hens and jack Russell's and hens don't mix!! ;)

Hi Damer, thanks v much appreciate that. This is killing me I have been wracked with indecision for the past few days but deep down I know this is best.
    The vet gave me special food for his tummy to give him for a few days, he has eaten that now and seems full of beans and generally happy.
    He is going back to vet on Thursday for shots and another check up.

Does anyone have any tips on how to find a good home for him if this doesn't work? I really really want to give him to someone where I can relax knowing he is happy, people who wouldn't mind getting in touch with me once or twice to tell me how he is (even though I'd probably cry thinking about him :(
    Would be worried about putting an ad up on Done Deal or one of those places

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Alex

Hi Damer, thanks v much appreciate that. This is killing me I have been wracked with indecision for the past few days but deep down I know this is best.
    The vet gave me special food for his tummy to give him for a few days, he has eaten that now and seems full of beans and generally happy.

Does anyone have any tips on how to find a good home for him if this doesn't work? I really really want to give him to someone where I can relax knowing he is happy, people who wouldn't mind getting in touch with me once or twice to tell me how he is (even though I'd probably cry thinking about him :(

Yea I agree with you about donedeal!
    How about asking your vet? Maybe put a notice up in their surgery if they'd allow it. Or maybe one of the rescue centres would be able to assist? If you were in Dublin you could contact dogs trust they check out people's suitability and do home checks before rehoming any dog. We found our fellow through the Kspca who put up a pic and description of him on their website even though he wasn't in their care as such, he was being minded by "foster owners" after they found him on the point of death after bejng abandoned as a tiny pup...

Yea I agree with you about donedeal!
    How about asking your vet? Maybe put a notice up in their surgery if they'd allow it. Or maybe one of the rescue centres would be able to assist? If you were in Dublin you could contact dogs trust they check out people's suitability and do home checks before rehoming any dog. We found our fellow through the Kspca who put up a pic and description of him on their website even though he wasn't in their care as such, he was bringing minded by "foster owners" after they found him on the point of death after bejng abandoned as a tiny pup...

Good idea, I was thinking about Dog's Trust actually I will def contact them if I don't find someone suitable on here!
    Thanks. I'm kind of worried people will think I am cruel or lazy for giving him away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 maykitrayen

Alex, although I completely understand your concerns, have you considered getting someone to pop in for 30 mins - 1 hour during the day? All you'd have to do is have a good play session in the morning and leave him some chew toys, he'd be knackered until the afternoon, his visitor could give him some attention and then he'd be rested up for when you get home in the evening.

When he's of age you could send him to doggy daycare which is a cost effective and fun way for your dog to spend its day and you could still get to enjoy him every evening and on the weekend knowing that he's a happy little fellow when you're not around.

It's very sad to see a dog facing the possibility of separation from someone who clearly loves him very much and who is already giving it a very good home.

Best of luck whatever you do.

Alex, although I completely understand your concerns, have you considered getting someone to pop in for 30 mins - 1 hour during the day? All you'd have to do is have a good play session in the morning and leave him some chew toys, he'd be knackered until the afternoon, his visitor could give him some attention and then he'd be rested up for when you get home in the evening.

When he's of age you could send him to doggy daycare which is a cost effective and fun way for your dog to spend its day and you could still get to enjoy him every evening and on the weekend knowing that he's a happy little fellow when you're not around.

It's very sad to see a dog facing the possibility of separation from someone who clearly loves him very much and who is already giving it a very good home.

Best of luck whatever you do.

Thanks, and yeah that is what had me conflicted so much- I love him and mind him so why give him up? But unfortunately i can't really afford daycare and although I have friends in Dublin I have no one who would visit him each day unless I paid for it, which again is too dear for me unfortunately.
    If I could find someone who will love him as much as I do and who has more time then it will be even better for Alfie as much as it hurts me. I know many people have dogs who are alone all day and are perfectly happy and well looked after I think it;s just not what I want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 AKGD

My husband and I adopted a beautiful Burmese mixed kitten a bit over a month ago. While I grew up with cats, my husband turned out to be allergic, but we found ways to work around it. Unfortunately, her loud and frequent meowing is disturbing the neighbors, particularly at night when we have to lock her out of the bedroom. The meowing seems to be a characteristic of her breed, so we don’t want to constantly punish her for talking, and know she would be better off in a house or somewhere with other cats.

She is very playful, coming on 6 months old. She is extremely affectionate and loves being held. She is not spayed. Unfortunately we do not have her vaccination records or the contact info for the couple we adopted her from. She is perfectly healthy but should get a kitty check up before she turns 1.

Because it was our lack of familiarity with the breed she is, it would be a good idea to read up on Wikipedia’s Burmese cat entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burmese_(cat) The couple we adopted her from referred to her as an Asian domestic breed, though there are no documents if anyone is hoping for pure breeds: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_(cat)

I need to see her go to a good home where she will have more freedom, not have to be hushed so much, and will be happy and loved.

You can see a few photos of her here: http://imgur.com/a/tKEDQ#3 We live in Limerick City and would be happy to let you meet her or to drive to you if you are within an hour of the city centre. Please PM me if you’re interested/have questions and let me know what sort of home she would be going to and if you’ve owned cats before. Thanks.

GRCRA.png

<This cat has found a new home>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Alex

Can you not put urgent pressure on the landlors to secure the garden ? it's a tenant's market . . . if he refuses then move out.

also if you walk your dog in the morning, maybe hire a dog walker and walk him again in the evening he'll be fine . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RoxyGrey

Hi, Roxy is a 5 year old, female, retired greyhound. We took her in from her previous owner because he was going to put her into the pound, but we have 6 dogs so we have to find a home for her. We're in Rathcoole, North Cork, but some kind of transport might be able to be arranged for anyone who lives further away.

roxyeddyspic.jpg

She's very friendly to everyone she has met here and gets on great with all the other dogs here. She's very playful and well-socialised and will make a great pet for someone. :) She's good in the house too.

She's very healthy, in great condition and very pretty too :D We think she has been vaccinated, but will make sure or else we'll do that, and worming, etc. She hasn't been neutered yet because we're students and have no money, but we're looking for vets that still have Dogs Trust vouchers and a rescue organisation has offered to pay for neutering so we have to hear back about that. But otherwise we'd get the person who adopted her to agree to get her neutered, and we're not looking for a rehoming fee. We'd also like to do a home check, just to meet the person and see that they're genuine and that they have a secure garden. :)

I'm new on here so can't get PM's yet, so please reply to this thread if you're interested or email <snip> (yes, Foxy is her original name, but we keep calling her Roxy by mistake, but Foxy sometimes, and Facebook wouldn't allow the name Foxy!) and her Facebook page is <snip> we made it to spread the word around that she needs a new home. I hope it's ok to post a link to it, if not the mods can remove it, please. :)

Thanks for reading my really long post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 familyfirst

Hi. On the 3rd of May I rescued 3 pointer x puppies. They were 1day old their mother had died. I took them in and handreared these lil boys. They are now 11 weeks and seeking homes.

Problem is I'm in rented accommodation and although my landlord allows us to keep pets and didn't mind me rescuing these guys I've now been told they are old enough to go to New homes to find them homes asap. Something I've been trying to do anyway.

Please if you can offer a permanent loving home please get in touch. They will ideally need indoor homes as thats what they've always been used to, love cuddles on the sofa. Regularly wormed had regular vet checks been defleaed just incase. Been raised with 2young children and our indoor male dog, bird, guinea pigs and snakes. They need a home with a garden and where they will be walked and loved. They're toilet trained and will sit for treats.

Unfortunately not vaccinated as they've cost us in the hundreds to keep out of a rescue center to avoid adding more strain to them and I can't afford to vaccinate them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

Casper – Short Haired Domestic Cat

Hi, I’m Casper the friendly cat! I am a 1 year old girl and have been neutered, fully vaccinated and microchipped.

I am extremely friendly and a real charmer; my favourite things are playing with my stringy toys, exploring and of course sitting on my owners lap getting rubs! I’m also a bit of a chatterbox who loves to meow and purr!

I am looking for a new home as my current owners work long hours and feel another family could better provide me with the care I deserve.

If you are looking for an cat to have as a friend/companion - I might be puuurfect!

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hey all,

Here are two lovely kittens that were part of an accidental litter, mammy has been spayed and these two are left out of a litter of 4. They are 8-9 weeks and have been wormed. They are in the Limerick/South Tipp area.

IMG_2740.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janejane

I have decided to re home our 2 little bunnies - Bono and Masa.

Masa is a lovely grey/white colored lion-head. He has a great temperament and interacts with no bother. He is about 10 months old.
    Bono is snow white colored lion-head rabbit. He is a little bit upset at the moment,because of missing attention. Unfortunately because of a lot of work, I can't spend that much time for playing with them, this is thew reason, why IU woul love to find them better homes.

If anyone is interested in providing a good home for them, please PM me.

I can give you some hay, food and a travel cage for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Could anyone help with rehoming one or two cats who are going to be put to sleep tomorrow as their owner is very ill and can no longer look after them? They are indoor cats, neutered and very healthy just a bit older ( aged between 9 and 13). They are in Sligo but I am willing to transport them around the country if necessary.
    I know it's a long shot with all the kittens around at the moment but if you can help please pm me.

Update: homes found for all cats

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sets McGuire

Hi All,

I'm new to this, hopefully I'm getting this post up where other users will see it!

Basically, I have 2 goldfish that have been in the family for 15-20 years but have unfortunately outgrown the 60 litre tank i have for them and need to be relocated to a pond or somewhere with a massive tank. Wondering does anybody have any suggestions or is there anybody that would take them for free? They are silver goldfish with fancy transparent tales and id like for them to be looked after properly.

All help greatly appreciated,

Cheers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Hi All,

I'm new to this, hopefully I'm getting this post up where other users will see it!

Basically, I have 2 goldfish that have been in the family for 15-20 years but have unfortunately outgrown the 60 litre tank i have for them and need to be relocated to a pond or somewhere with a massive tank. Wondering does anybody have any suggestions or is there anybody that would take them for free? They are silver goldfish with fancy transparent tales and id like for them to be looked after properly.

All help greatly appreciated,

Cheers!!

Where are you? I have a large pond that would be able for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sets McGuire

Really?

Im in Dublin city centre, Southside.

Advertisement