Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what you playing at the mo? Retro Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One hour down so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

A good 40 hours into grandia now, Surely I'll be on the second disc soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

airmax87 wrote: »
    A good 40 hours into grandia now, Surely I'll be on the second disc soon

As far as I can remember the second disc starts after the giant wall. Great game but the battle system is so good you end up exploring the massive dungeons a lot and getting into way more fights than you should :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Been playing Mushi Futari Black Label and finally got a 1cc. It really is an astoundingly good game, all 5 stages are a blast to play with the final being the highlight for me. The scoring changes in Black Label and the addition of the audible 'ding' to let you know to change shot make it the best version for me too :)

rMdulHF.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Brian_Blessed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As far as I can remember the second disc starts after the giant wall. Great game but the battle system is so good you end up exploring the massive dungeons a lot and getting into way more fights than you should :D
    Nope, I'm a good few hours past the wall, I must be really close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

For the night thats in it I've been playing resident evil, the ds version though, deadly silence. Was playing crash bandicoot wrath of the cortex earlier on the xbox

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Beat Super Meat Boy to 106%, meaning all light world, dark world, neagtive world, cotton alley and all bandages... the nightmare is finally over. My hands are throbbing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Beat Super Meat Boy to 106%, meaning all light world, dark world, neagtive world, cotton alley and all bandages... the nightmare is finally over. My hands are throbbing.

Kenneth-Williams.jpg

Speak of tough games - picked up Volgarr The Viking for under 3 euro in a sale a few days ago. Dear lord it's punishing. Reminds me of a cross between Rastan Saga and Magic Sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

How long did it take you to do The Kid warp zone?

• Advertisement

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    How long did it take you to do The Kid warp zone?

3 ****ing hours I think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Playing a bit more Outrun 2 & Burnout 2 on the original Xbox again, both great arcade racers :)
    Also discovered the Outrun 2 also has the original Outrun included as an easter egg :)

Select the "OutRun Challenge" option, enter the Gallery, and choose the "Enter Code" option to enter "NINETEEN86" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the classic OutRun game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Playing a bit more Outrun 2 & Burnout 2 on the original Xbox again, both great arcade racers :)
    Also discovered the Outrun 2 also has the original Outrun included as an easter egg :)

Select the "OutRun Challenge" option, enter the Gallery, and choose the "Enter Code" option to enter "NINETEEN86" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the classic OutRun game.

The Outrun 2 and 2006 are just too good.
    Burnout 2 was the pinnacle of the franchise for me, before it became all about smashing into traffic instead of avoiding it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Outrun 2 and 2006 are just too good.
    Burnout 2 was the pinnacle of the franchise for me, before it became all about smashing into traffic instead of avoiding it.

Crash mode was actually my favourite part of burnout 2 :o

Crash mode was actually my favourite part of burnout 2 :o

Yes, I had lord of fun with it too, it was kept in discrete
    race modes within the game. But, with the following titles in the series, the game became all about crashing, causing them, taking down your opponent.
    Burnout Paradise kind of got back to the original sender of the series, with more pure racing and the need to read oncoming traffic.

Played some Mushihimesama on Steam, it's the absolute business. I hope it means more Cave ports to Steam!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think the company responsible for the port have already said more are on the way. Reckon it'll just be the 360 titles... Death Smiles II is the only major one that wasn't region free IIRC? Still a welcome development: about time given Steam is the perfect place for such niche titles to trive.

Have only had an hour or so to play Mushi so far, had only played the bug princess incarnation before. While I think I prefer Futari, the first is probably the best intro Cave game as the scoring mechanics aren't as esoteric or mental as some of the others. Gravitating towards Arrange mode for now...

All the 360 ones would suit me, I think a few other good ones are region locked as well. Having them on the PC suits me better as well since swapping disks on the 360 is a pain in the arse and I've only a few more games left to finish on the 360 before I retire it (do I really have to finish Blue Dragon and Tales of Vespiria? :( )

Great to hear more are coming.

Retire it?
    bladerunner_sequel.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Played some Mushihimesama on Steam, it's the absolute business. I hope it means more Cave ports to Steam!

What's the difference in Mushihimesama and Mushihimesama V1.5 ?

Best to buy the whole Matsuri Pack?

• Advertisement

Not too sure but I think they changed the multiplier bonus system, made it a bit tougher and changed some enemy bullet patterns.

Not too sure but I think they changed the multiplier bonus system, made it a bit tougher and changed some enemy bullet patterns.

The first one it is so....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Still enjoying my Wii and have recently moved onto Super Mario Galaxy.

Good Lord, this is a fun game :pac:

Had been waiting on a component cable to be delivered for ages and when it finally did come of course it was a feckin' composite cable I was sent instead!

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Still enjoying my Wii and have recently moved onto Super Mario Galaxy.

Good Lord, this is a fun game :pac:

Had been waiting on a component cable to be delivered for ages and when it finally did come of course it was a feckin' composite cable I was sent instead!

It's pretty class alright, the second one is just as good, if not better!

Yea, looking forward to playing that after this addictive game, loving the music too.

I've a lubricious amount of Gamecube + Wii games in my backlog to get through like the Metroid and Zelda games (Wind Waker + Skyward Sword).

Buying a Wii on the cheap was a great idea. Amazing how many people I know who have this thing rotting away in a cupboard :pac:

Softmod the Wii, if only so you can play imported titles.
    Some nice bits and bobs came out on the Wii and Gamecube in the US and Japan, and Japanese GC packaging is just so amazing, it's worth collecting things you already have just to have a few!

Softmodded since day one for exactly that reason :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's pretty class alright, the second one is just as good, if not better!

Confession:
    I could never get into Galaxy 2... I don't know why! I just didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the first one. Have never finished the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never finished either! :o

• Advertisement

There seems to be a lot of original Wii's on adverts, possibly parents getting Wii U's for the kids for xmas.

Advertisement