Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Gardaí ignore calls for help on emergency number.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I've said my piece in this thread, however i will make one final point,

On mobile phones:

Section 3 Road Traffic Act 2006

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a member of the Garda Síochána, an ambulance service or a fire brigade of a fire authority (within the meaning of the Fire Services Act 1981 ) who is acting in the course of his or her duties and holding a mobile phone in relation to the performance of his or her duties.

This is part of the section that needs to be made known.

On weaving and speeding

Section 27 Road Traffic Act 2004

27.—Requirements under the Road Traffic Acts 1961 to 2004 relating to vehicles and requirements, restrictions and prohibitions relating to the driving and use of vehicles, other than those provided under sections 49 and 50 (inserted by sections 10 and 11, respectively, of the Act of 1994), 51A and 52 (inserted by sections 49 and 50, respectively, of the Act of 1968) and 53 of the Principal Act and sections 12, 13, 14 and 15 of the Act of 1994, do not apply to a driver of a fire brigade vehicle, an ambulance or the use by a member of the Garda Síochána of a vehicle in the performance of the duties of that member or a person driving or using a vehicle under the direction of a member of the Garda Síochána, where such use does not endanger the safety of road users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

foinse wrote: »
    baza1976 what evidence do you have that "ordinary Gardai" as you put it are manning speed checks in the Limerick area, because i happen to know that they are not, and any speed checks done are carried out by the traffic corps.

0001907210dr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

ria5000 wrote: »
    eh the location beside my username actually says dublin so unless u call dublin a backwater.......

yea its obvious from my posts that im a rubbish criminal who keeps getting caught!

god, I seriously hope you're not a cop...:eek:

As for the digital radio implementation - that crap has been going on for at least FIVE YEARS now! Just how incompetent does an organisation have to be to take 5 years to roll out a radio system, and royally f*ck up their new computer system?

Is it any wonder there are places in Ireland that are practically lawless when we're lumbered with the Garda Siochana :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

seanybiker wrote: »
    yawn. Im not a cop meself but jaysus some of ye are annoying.
    If ye are so good and know everything, why dont ye join up and show them how to do the job.

If we are so annoying, why dont you go to another thread and post up useless comments..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

foinse wrote: »
    I've said my piece in this thread, however i will make one final point,
    On mobile phones:

Section 3 Road Traffic Act 2006

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a member of the Garda Síochána, an ambulance service or a fire brigade of a fire authority (within the meaning of the Fire Services Act 1981 ) who is acting in the course of his or her duties and holding a mobile phone in relation to the performance of his or her duties.

This is part of the section that needs to be made known.

On weaving and speeding

Section 27 Road Traffic Act 2004

27.—Requirements under the Road Traffic Acts 1961 to 2004 relating to vehicles and requirements, restrictions and prohibitions relating to the driving and use of vehicles, other than those provided under sections 49 and 50 (inserted by sections 10 and 11, respectively, of the Act of 1994), 51A and 52 (inserted by sections 49 and 50, respectively, of the Act of 1968) and 53 of the Principal Act and sections 12, 13, 14 and 15 of the Act of 1994, do not apply to a driver of a fire brigade vehicle, an ambulance or the use by a member of the Garda Síochána of a vehicle in the performance of the duties of that member or a person driving or using a vehicle under the direction of a member of the Garda Síochána, where such use does not endanger the safety of road users.

So you should put your lights and/or sirens on then????

And you continue to fail to answer/comment the OPs opening post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Berty wrote: »
    No lives were in danger but the guy burying the drugs in the green across from my house was long gone by the time they arrived. Drugs seized, drug dealer annoyed.

Well if it was heroin or coke im sure that there were alot of lives in danger.. isnt that why drugs are illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Stab*City wrote: »
    Well if it was heroin or coke im sure that there were alot of lives in danger.. isnt that why drugs are illegal?

My point was whether or not they get there now or later nobody will die. He was burying them so nobody was ingesting/injecting them.

It would have been better if they had caught him with them but Im happy that the drugs were removed.

Scumbag could not sell anything but probably still owed money to somebody else who would invariably beat the crap out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Berty wrote: »
    My point was whether or not they get there now or later nobody will die. He was burying them so nobody was ingesting/injecting them.

It would have been better if they had caught him with them but Im happy that the drugs were removed.

Scumbag could not sell anything but probably still owed money to somebody else who would invariably beat the crap out of him.

Or the scumbag gets desperate for money and goes out, robs someone for it, beating them badly in the process or stabbing them. Or he goes into a shop to rob putting the staff at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    Or the scumbag gets desperate for money and goes out, robs someone for it, beating them badly in the process or stabbing them. Or he goes into a shop to rob putting the staff at risk.

Ack, its a vicious circle.

We had a panic alarm at work once and the detectives took 30 minutes to get there. We were long since robbed by then let me tell you. Then 2 weeks later they arrived but nobody pressed the button.

They got very annoyed and tried to close the shop because the only landline was in the office which we did not have keys too.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS, WE ARE THE REAL CRIMINALS NOT THE FVCKS WHO ROBBED THE PLACE

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just to let you guys know, there is a Ranting And Raving Forum for this kind of bullshit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

eth0_ wrote: »
    How did you get your insurance to cover the damage without a police report?

I didnt, i had to pay for it myself, i only found out that it wouldnt be covered when i rang them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

An File wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know, there is a Ranting And Raving Forum for this kind of bullshit...

your right i think this thread is coming to a close pretty soon:D

everytime i curse i get banned:mad: dam it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

An File wrote: »

You do realise that someone from this thread could take offence at that, go to your house, murder you in cold blood on your own front lawn, sodomise your corpse, cook a 6 course meal Hannibal Lecter style using you as fresh ingredients and eat it in relaxed fashion with a nice Chianti before then leaving unhindered by any form of Garda response?

- When the Gardaí did arrive there'd just be leftovers and all the gristly bits :(

Raiser wrote: »
    You do realise that someone from this thread could take offence at that, go to your house, murder you in cold blood on your own front lawn, sodomise your corpse, cook a 6 course meal Hannibal Lecter style using you as fresh ingredients and eat it in relaxed fashion with a nice Chianti before then leaving unhindered by any form of Garda response?

- When the Gardaí did arrive there'd just be leftovers and all the gristly bits :(

i was wrong earlier and i need to apologise to everyone...... this is the best post ever:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »

Actually a chianti goes badly with cooked person, in fact most wines go badly with it, despite the flesh tasting slightly like veal...............

.......now where does An File live again?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ria5000

eth0_ wrote: »
    god, I seriously hope you're not a cop...:eek:

As for the digital radio implementation - that crap has been going on for at least FIVE YEARS now! Just how incompetent does an organisation have to be to take 5 years to roll out a radio system, and royally f*ck up their new computer system?

Is it any wonder there are places in Ireland that are practically lawless when we're lumbered with the Garda Siochana :rolleyes:

i agree with some of your comments. i agree that digital radios should have been introduced a long time ago but they werent. That's not the fault of the rank and file gardai. if you feel so strongly about it then you should lobby the government!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i agree with some of your comments. i agree that digital radios should have been introduced a long time ago but they werent. That's not the fault of the rank and file gardai. if you feel so strongly about it then you should lobby the government!!!!

and your advise for the op and others who havent been responded to?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

I also have a major problem with the whole "we are busy" argument - It is fatally flawed of course because a Limerick Garda has scarcely ever stopped, solved or even sufficiently investigated a crime in decades -

what is with all he negativity against the very people we depend on in an emergency, id say there is an awful lot of people bad mouthing the gardai because of failed attempts to get in themselves, for evey negative story told here i can guarantee there are ten positve untold ones, lads seriously of course there are bad apples in every organisation its inevitable there are 14,000 gardai in reality everyone of these people did not join for the right reasons a few slipped through the net, but reality is these people put there lives at risk every second of every day, now if there was any other job like that the salary would be in six figures, but these people do it for an average wageand the reason behind that is they get furfillment in what they do, and want to provide a safer environment for us all to live,

Sorry about the rant thats just my 2cents..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

A lot has been said here about how long the guards respond to calls. The opposite happened to me:
    I worked as a taxi driver in Limerick city for many years and one night I had to deal with a complete tool who was totally pissed and wouldn't pay his fare. I told him if he didn't pay I was bringing him back into town and the guards would sort it. He said "lets go"
    Back outside Henry St I gave him a final chance to pay before I went into the station and he said no and got out of the car.
    I went into the station and told the guards what had happened.
    They asked me where he was and I told them he was outside.
    When the guard came outside the fella had staggered about 20 yards down the road. The guard turned to me and said we`ll get a car up here asap.
    I asked why doesn't he just walk done and get him? and he replied that he cant leave the desk.
    When I pointed out to him that there was two other guards at the desk he just ignored me.
    The drunk guy then flagged another Taxi and was gone.(probably didn't pay him either)
    I went into the station and told the guard that he was gone and his reply was: oh
    Says it all really.

And another time I being threatened by a fare and I stopped the car at Punch's cross and told him to get out or I was calling the guards to which he refused.
    I rang Henry St and told them what happened.
    They never came. With the help of another taxi driver we got the prick out only to have him take my number and say he was reporting me for assault:eek:

keith101 wrote: »
    <With Edits>What is with all the negativity against the very people we depend on in an emergency?

Please re-read the thread title and the original post Keith - your irony is staggering......

(Is he being serious?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I heard from someone tonight that rank and file Gardai get €1,200 per week if they do overtime. I finds this hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

My Neighbor a few doors up from me called the Gardai
    last night over a domestic disturbance, Things did not come to fisticuffs
    so no lives were in danger (I hope) so guessing whoever answered the phone
    in the station put it to the bottom of the list of priorities.

Guess they must have been busy as nobody showed up.

I honestly dont know if we need more Gardai or if we have enough
    but the distribution of man/woman power is so messed up that
    we dont see a visual presence on our streets.

we Need to give the Gardai better communication systems ie digital.
    so they can stop using their phone's etc (or give them hands free ;-P )

Need to get rid or improve that ****ty Pulse system.

I Think every member of the Gardai on Patrol should be issued with a taser.
    (Dont think Mace would be sufficient)

I dont agree that "all" Gardai on patrol should be armed with a firearm but
    I think we need more Armed units with proper firearms Training that will act
    as support units for the non-armed Gardai on duty.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

thats completely off topic but i think you're totally wrong. the female gardai get a lot of undeserved abuse. most female guards i know are as tough if not tougher than the males. i really resent your comment

I'm sorry but I'll agree to disagree. not wanting to paint everyone with the same brush but I was at a match in Thurles a few months back, a few skangers drinking cans and smoking joints not too far from me. 2 bangardai near them, all they were interested in was chatting and they hardly looked up from texting on their phones.

Now, I know the skangers weren't causing trouble, but if the law says you can't smuggle in cans or smoke joints in a stadium, then the law should have been applied in this case...

I also know one ban garda who is the last person I would have try and arrest a male scumbag on speed...

I also know another ban garda who is lucky to not to have brain damage after getting a kicking by some male scumbags when she tried to arrest them.

sorry, but we need our cops to be HARD at this stage. Lots of them are, by God, I've seen them in action too. I don't think it's fair to ask women to have to put up with that abuse on the street...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I also know of a female garda who had her foot rolled over and was out for ages and managed to lodge a complaint against one of her colleagues. Even though they asked her did she want to be brought to the hospital and she said no she would be fine.

Great eejits we have policing our streets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

a scrumbag picks on what he sees as an easy target,,,, and backs away from people who he thinks pose a treat,, this holds true in all walks of life. being a gardai is no exception, ive also seen so called hard scumbags **** them selfs when bigger scum bags come around, and seen gardai pick on a weaker person then face the real treat,,, the scumbags haven't got tougher our gardai have got weaker just look at the people there hiring they couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag and they have the personality of a gimp, what we need is a few english bobbys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

bangardai are absolutely useless. At least 95% of gardai should be men. Any guard needs to be able to patrol the streets and face down scumbags

mike kelly wrote: »
    bangardai are absolutely useless. At least 95% of gardai should be men. Any guard needs to be able to patrol the streets and face down scumbags

:Danyone for fishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

bullets wrote: »

I Think every member of the Gardai on Patrol should be issued with a taser.
    (Dont think Mace would be sufficient)

I dont agree that "all" Gardai on patrol should be armed with a firearm but
    I think we need more Armed units with proper firearms Training that will act
    as support units for the non-armed Gardai on duty.
    I'd be for gardai being armed. I'd also be for actually utilising that joke of an army that we have and turning it in to a second police service like the Guardia Civil in Spain. If those two things were to happen the scumbags in this city wouldn't be half as cocky as they are now. I'd put the army in to the estates and give them the licence, like the Guardia Civil have in Spain, to kick and baton the living $hit out of anyone that looked at them sideways. Why? Because we need to take back our streets.

While I do think and indeed know for a fact that there are a fair few useless pork chops in the Gardai, I also know that they have a tough job. I was assaulted a few years ago and had to sit in the district court at 4/5 hearings. I was actually more horrified at the other cases around me and the lack of sentencing from the judiciary than I was of my own case in the end. Absolute scumbags caught red handed for everything from robbery to dealing heroin being let off with suspended sentences by the famous judges of the Limerick courts. Not to mention that absolute parasite of a solicitor JD, the biggest scumbag of them all, playing the poor mouth and turning the scumbags in to victims, and what's worse, the judges buying in to it. And this after sworn testimonies/evidence from Gardai on the stand - I know if I was a garda I'd find it very annoying to see this $hit happening. A lot of the problems lie with the judiciary in this country, not the gardai

On another note, anyone know where I'd get a bag of yokes for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

On another note, anyone know where I'd get a bag of yokes for the weekend?

ROFL:D:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=999:prisoners-in-their-own-home&catid=37:local-news&Itemid=60
    Mother and daughter subjected to constant intimidation

Persistent intimidation and attacks on her home have driven a 19-year-old Limerick student to seek medication to help her “live through this nightmare.”

Confiding details of the persecution that she, her mother and an elderly neighbour have been subjected to on one of the city’s older housing estates, she said they are now at breaking point.

They have been subjected to plastic bottles filled with stones flung at their patio door and windows, hanging baskets filled with earth and flowers, pulled from the walls and hurled at the windows, loud banging on doors, bricks and beer bottles filled with eggs thrown at the house and gangs shouting abuse and obscenities.

“People will be reading about me in the newspapers or I’ll be a patient in St Joseph’s Hospital after I suffer a nervous breakdown. I resent, that at my age I’ve been put on Valium and Zimovane sleeping tablets.

After numerous incidents, the Garda Siochana called and a statement was submitted.

However, they continue to live in fear.

*** FULL STORY VIA ABOVE LINK ***

I remember living in a rented Apartment years ago where a gang of Scumbags broke into another unused Apartment on the premises and caused havoc, kicking our front door and throwing fire extinguishers out the windows onto parked cars etc. without any Garda response. It was fairly terrifying as they were armed with kitchen knives etc. but it was just one night - I can't imagine how anyone can cope with this sort of intimidation night after night.

Why can't the Gardaí use some initiative and just catch these people? It might take a few attempts and God knows a bit of Police work here and there - but surely a few small-time thugs like this are within the range of Templemores finest?

Nobody should have to live like this...... We will actually need roaming Mobs of vigilantes soon with this sorry, sorry state of affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement