Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Gardaí ignore calls for help on emergency number.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

tommy249 wrote: »
    To be fair this is a very very unfair topic. I am not a guard and I have no relation to the gardai. Limerick City must be to toughest distrct in Ireland to police and yet Limerick has the HIGHEST murder solving rate in Ireland. Look at the weekly murders in Dublins gangland war. I think its only about 10% that are solved but here its up to 90%.
    The simple fact of the matter is that Limerick is a lot safer place these days due to the action of the Guards. How many guns have they taken off the streets of Limerick in the last few months alone. Last year everytime you turned on the rado you would hear about shots being fired at houses in City estates on almost a nightly basis. How often do you hear this happening these days, fine it still happens but to a much lower extent.

There are a hell of a lot of dangerous criminals behind bars now thanks to the guards. If you ring the guards and they don't turn up straight away, guess what, they are not on the station with their feet up or playing poker. (last year I had to call the guards and nobody turned up for about 45mins. It turns out that the guards from Killaloe had to come into me in the city subarbs because the Limerick guards were too busy)
    They have serious criminals under 24hour watch these days. Anyone watching the interview with Roy Collins last week would have heard him saying that his family now get 24hour protection from the guards........ This is where they are, following the most dangerous people in Ireland and protecting others from them. There was an article in last weeks Limerick Leader about how the Limerick criminals are now watching the guards families.

All these arguments about speed checks, tax etc always makes me laugh. If anyone ever gets stopped at one of these, you will notice that these guards are the TRAFFIC CORP!! That is the reason they were set up. Their exclusive job is to be on the roads and try to reduce traffic deaths. If you call 999, its not going to be the traffic corp that replies. They were set up by the Government to reduce road deaths. Oh and guess what, its working. Ireland is now the third lowest in Europe for road fatalities (we were the worst a few years ago) The people coming on here giving out about the speed checks, if there were people speeding up and down yer roads or if someone was killed in an accident where speed was involved, ye would be the first on here giving out about the guards and that they never do any speed traps on that road blah blah blah.

Final point, someone was giving out that the guards never do their tax or insurance at night or in the rain............. Have you ever seen the amount of drink driving checks at night time?? Same guards.

Sorry for the rant. I just think the guards are and easy target and the fact is Limerick is a much safer place because of the work they do.

Wrong wrong wrong,i have a relation who is a gaurd, so if that means something to well then so be it... it shoudn't but well..

Also the traffic core in Ireland are a tiny amount of Gardai, and yes most of the speed checks etc are done on OT by "normal" Gaurds.

I said speed checks are not carried out at night or in bad weather as it's OT most of the time, and that is usually carried out by "normal" gaurds in fine or dry weather during the day. I didn't say insurance and tax checks are not carried out at night....

Jezzzzzzz will you read it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sunn wrote: »
    so you just sat there taking pictures? Did it not occur to you to actually stop him at any stage?

I'm not excusing the fact there was no gardai on the scene but really the only people who can effectively keep a community safe are the people living there.

Theres a lack of response from the authorities alright but also from the average individual.

What a stupid comment. The guy did the best he could by informing the police and also getting pictures of the persom that was doing the crime so that there was evidence.

You want him to go out and confront the robber? And what happens if he pulled out a knife or a gun on the poster? Or if there was a scuffle and the poster won and then was charged with assault?

The poster did the right things under the circumstances and the poster is not the one being paid to deal with criminals.

Fair play to the poster for actually not turning a blind eye when he saw his neighbour's place being robbed and for trying to get the robber caught and for taking the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

To be fair this is a very very unfair topic. I am not a guard and I have no relation to the gardai. Limerick City must be to toughest distrct in Ireland to police and yet Limerick has the HIGHEST murder solving rate in Ireland. Look at the weekly murders in Dublins gangland war. I think its only about 10% that are solved but here its up to 90%.
    The simple fact of the matter is that Limerick is a lot safer place these days due to the action of the Guards. How many guns have they taken off the streets of Limerick in the last few months alone. Last year everytime you turned on the rado you would hear about shots being fired at houses in City estates on almost a nightly basis. How often do you hear this happening these days, fine it still happens but to a much lower extent.

There are a hell of a lot of dangerous criminals behind bars now thanks to the guards. If you ring the guards and they don't turn up straight away, guess what, they are not on the station with their feet up or playing poker. (last year I had to call the guards and nobody turned up for about 45mins. It turns out that the guards from Killaloe had to come into me in the city subarbs because the Limerick guards were too busy)
    They have serious criminals under 24hour watch these days. Anyone watching the interview with Roy Collins last week would have heard him saying that his family now get 24hour protection from the guards........ This is where they are, following the most dangerous people in Ireland and protecting others from them. There was an article in last weeks Limerick Leader about how the Limerick criminals are now watching the guards families.

All these arguments about speed checks, tax etc always makes me laugh. If anyone ever gets stopped at one of these, you will notice that these guards are the TRAFFIC CORP!! That is the reason they were set up. Their exclusive job is to be on the roads and try to reduce traffic deaths. If you call 999, its not going to be the traffic corp that replies. They were set up by the Government to reduce road deaths. Oh and guess what, its working. Ireland is now the third lowest in Europe for road fatalities (we were the worst a few years ago) The people coming on here giving out about the speed checks, if there were people speeding up and down yer roads or if someone was killed in an accident where speed was involved, ye would be the first on here giving out about the guards and that they never do any speed traps on that road blah blah blah.

Final point, someone was giving out that the guards never do their tax or insurance at night or in the rain............. Have you ever seen the amount of drink driving checks at night time?? Same guards.

Sorry for the rant. I just think the guards are and easy target and the fact is Limerick is a much safer place because of the work they do.

Good to hear another angle on this topic. It's always going to be easier to knock people or an institution.
    Regrettably, my experience of dealing with the Gardai has not been fruitful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

for future reference:

if you require the services of the gardai - when you phone the station ask the garda for his/her name/number and also ask them to confirm the time of the call..... write it down and if youare unsatisfied with the speed of their service:

REPORT IT TO THE GARDA OMBUDSMAN !!!

unfortunately - due to the high wages of our politicians (and the obligatory wasting of public funds ...ie. E-Voting system) the country cannot afford to hire extra gardai - yet they can spend tonnes on overtime (in previous years) -seriously though.... they are really under funded and with the Board Snip recommendations.... I thin things are going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

In Dublin, I was mugged the other day and the police came straight away, tried their absolute best to find him looking into video cameras and talking to other neighbours. They kept me up to date with what was happening and i thought they did a great job. It can't be easy with all of the things they have to deal with.

Although im shocked by these posts, can't believe some of the guards reactions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Total Crap!!!!

Limerick City is far from the toughest district to police. Inner City Dublin for a start is 10 times the size of limerick city...

Whatever happened to crime prevention? The limerick guards are completely useless, ignorant and way out of their depth.. I wouldnt imagine its hard to solve murders in this town as its f**king tiny.. Most limerick people know within 24 hours who killed whoever.. and with the half brain fu**ing idiots who are doing the murders im sure its not that hard to catch them and build a case.. but arent they only catching and jailing half the problem.. we all know these murders (well alot anyway) are being ordered by more senior criminals. What is the guards success rate when it comes to these type of prosecutions? id say 0%.. so my friend the real threat is still out there..

The reason you dont hear of shots being fired as much is because alot of the people involved in these fueds are either not in limerick or locked up (for other "holding" offences). There are a good few gang related criminals due for release in the coming couple of years.. and believe me people things are going to get worse much worse.. especially with a "protect and swerve" attitude mentioned above..

i believe limerick has passed a watershed mark in crime.. i think pretty soon when the ultra scumbags come to the fore we will be wishing we had our old scumbags back!

As for the 24hr protection too little too late in my eyes.. its actually annoying now to see the unmarked constantly parked outside the steering wheel.. where were they the day he was murdered in broad daylight 200 yards from the fuc**ing garda station! probably on the dooradoyle link road pulling for the census!! and yes there are still people speeding up and down the roads and soon they will be going much faster with the increase of kph on our "new" motorways..

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

Ive been reading through the posts and must say gardai do have a tough district to police, I hear both sides and both have happened to me, ive rang them due to work related incidents numerous times,, one thing i usually find is, when they do come they are usually very fast, and fair enough, other times the might never turn up, I would nearly guarantee this is due to lack of resources, being severely under-staffed,, I think the garda on the end of the phone asseses the risk involved in all of the ten complaints he might recieve in ten mins, obviously dispatching gardai to the most severe crime, all in all i do think they have a great pressence and are doing a good job..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

keith101 wrote: »
    Ive been reading through the posts and must say gardai do have a tough district to police, I hear both sides and both have happened to me, ive rang them due to work related incidents numerous times,, one thing i usually find is, when they do come they are usually very fast, and fair enough, other times the might never turn up, I would nearly guarantee this is due to lack of resources, being severely under-staffed,, I think the garda on the end of the phone asseses the risk involved in all of the ten complaints he might recieve in ten mins, obviously dispatching gardai to the most severe crime, all in all i do think they have a great pressence and are doing a good job..:cool:

me thinks you are are a voice for an board snip, if not you are a garda

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭keith101

Nope, not a garda i live in a well known housing estate in the city,im just telling it how i see it,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Sunn wrote: »
    so you just sat there taking pictures? Did it not occur to you to actually stop him at any stage?

Not having a go at you Sunn but at the time
    I was not sure there was a whole lot that I could actually
    do besides try and get some evidence and hopefully a pic of the guy caught red-handed at the scene of the crime.
    And I presummed that the Gardai would arrive and actually
    catch the guy at the scene.

What would you have me do?

Guy Breaking into a house where nobody was home.
    I'm not going to put my life at Risk over some stolen goods
    like CD's/Jewellery etc.

I did have a Shot gun in my Gunsafe what would you have
    me do...march down there and blow the feckers head off?
    or fire a shot over his head like a derranged mad-man!

Knock on the door of the house that was being burgled
    and say excuse me Mr. Burgler could you please leave?

Round up the neighbours and try and sorround him
    and aprehend him until the Gardai arrived 4 hours later?

What happens if I had done a big John Wayne on him, rushed into the house
    wrestled him to the ground and hog tied him up, until the Guards game to collect....
    then when the Local Judge gives the fecker
    a suspended sentence becuase is defense solicitor gives a big
    sob story about how the individal came from a broken home,
    he had a drug habit etc etc I'd bet he'd be pretty pissed with me then,
    and he would know where I lived. What if he comes back sometime,
    for a spot of revenge when I'm not at home, or I am at home, or
    my girlfriend is at home on here own. ??

It Aint worth it.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

knightmare wrote: »
    If you rang them & asked are they recording the call because If the gaurds aren't here in 5 minutes I'm gonna get my shotgun and put a bullet in those 2 c*nts they wouldn't be long coming out
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BEST POST EVER

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bullets wrote: »
    Not having a go at you Sunn but at the time
    I was not sure there was a whole lot that I could actually
    do besides try and get some evidence and hopefully a pic of the guy caught red-handed at the scene of the crime.
    And I presummed that the Gardai would arrive and actually
    catch the guy at the scene.

What would you have me do?

Guy Breaking into a house where nobody was home.
    I'm not going to put my life at Risk over some stolen goods
    like CD's/Jewellery etc.

I did have a Shot gun in my Gunsafe what would you have
    me do...march down there and blow the feckers head off?
    or fire a shot over his head like a derranged mad-man!

Knock on the door of the house that was being burgled
    and say excuse me Mr. Burgler could you please leave?

Round up the neighbours and try and sorround him
    and aprehend him until the Gardai arrived 4 hours later?

What happens if I had done a big John Wayne on him, rushed into the house
    wrestled him to the ground and hog tied him up, until the Guards game to collect....
    then when the Local Judge gives the fecker
    a suspended sentence becuase is defense solicitor gives a big
    sob story about how the individal came from a broken home,
    he had a drug habit etc etc I'd bet he'd be pretty pissed with me then,
    and he would know where I lived. What if he comes back sometime,
    for a spot of revenge when I'm not at home, or I am at home, or
    my girlfriend is at home on here own. ??

It Aint worth it.

~B

hog tied him up!!!! brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

baza1976 wrote: »
    Wrong wrong wrong,i have a relation who is a gaurd, so if that means something to well then so be it... it shoudn't but well..

Also the traffic core in Ireland are a tiny amount of Gardai, and yes most of the speed checks etc are done on OT by "normal" Gaurds.

I said speed checks are not carried out at night or in bad weather as it's OT most of the time, and that is usually carried out by "normal" gaurds in fine or dry weather during the day. I didn't say insurance and tax checks are not carried out at night....

Jezzzzzzz will you read it properly

They do have checkpoints in the pissing rain.About 2 weeks ago i was coming out of town with a few too many in the car.It was pissing rain.When i saw the checkpoint i pulled in,hoping theyd leave.Anyway a half an hour later they still hadnt left,keep in mind its still pissing raining,so i decided to let 2 of my friends out so i can go past the checkpoint.I got a warning and he got angry at me because he knew what id done.I have to admit he had a bit of a powertrip because he started roaring at me because i said "sir" when i referred to him(ie Yes sir etc).I found it kinda odd because i meant it in a respectful way but he told me to "address him as guard" instead. After they dealt with me they just hopped back into their car and drove off.All im basically saying is that iv seen them in bad weather at times.

Fol20 wrote: »
    They do have checkpoints in the pissing rain.About 2 weeks ago i was coming out of town with a few too many in the car.It was pissing rain.When i saw the checkpoint i pulled in,hoping theyd leave.Anyway a half an hour later they still hadnt left,keep in mind its still pissing raining,so i decided to let 2 of my friends out so i can go past the checkpoint.I got a warning and he got angry at me because he knew what id done.I have to admit he had a bit of a powertrip because he started roaring at me because i said "sir" when i referred to him(ie Yes sir etc).I found it kinda odd because i meant it in a respectful way but he told me to "address him as guard" instead. After they dealt with me they just hopped back into their car and drove off.All im basically saying is that iv seen them in bad weather at times.

well first reaction would be why did you need to leave your friends out so you could pass a checkpoint??? but the whole guard instead of sir is assholish as they are not the guards they are the gardai so we call them garda not guard:D just an observation. for both sides too:P

Paulegend wrote: »
    well first reaction would be why did you need to leave your friends out so you could pass a checkpoint??? but the whole guard instead of sir is assholish as they are not the guards they are the gardai so we call them garda not guard:D just an observation. for both sides too:P

Because he said he had too many people in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Kess73 wrote: »
    What a stupid comment. The guy did the best he could by informing the police and also getting pictures of the persom that was doing the crime so that there was evidence.

You want him to go out and confront the robber? And what happens if he pulled out a knife or a gun on the poster?

the same thing that would happen if a robber pulled a knife or gun on a garda. Nothing. The garda would put the hands up and run off, as the only difference between the neighbour and the garda is a blue uniform. Give them tasers or stun guns...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

seachto7 wrote: »
    as the only difference between the neighbour and the garda is a blue uniform. Give them tasers or stun guns...

Taser Shotgun Shell's FTW! :D
    http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/other-gadgets/taser-shotgun-shell.htm

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Fair play to you for standing up for the gaurds but I have to agree with most of the posters, that the gaurdai are a bunch of lazy civil servants.
    Road deaths are down, due to the crack down on drunk driving not speed checks. The gardai turned a blind eye to drunk driving in the country for years so they where part of the problem.
    It should be easy to solve most of the murders in Ireland. You hear through the grape vine almost immediately who did what if there is a murder in your area.
    Limerick gangs are currently moving into cork dealing heroine. Its amazing that nothing is being done. Are the Limerick gangs bringing the dope in through Foynes or Shannon? Why can they have so much dope and not be detected? Surely the main players are well known to the cops, how hard is it to catch them.
    I guess the cops are to busy doing Speed checks to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dob74 wrote: »
    I guess the cops are to busy doing Speed checks to do anything about it.

How many times does it have to be said?

The Gardai doing speed checks are Traffic Corps. This is their job amongst other road related jobs so you cannot suggest that they should be out catching criminals because they are within their scope.

Its the detectives, ERU, ARU(armed response if thats the name) whose job it is to catch these guys with the help of the regular rank and file.

You cannot simply lock up criminals because somebody heard that somebody shot somebody. You cannot simply arrest anybody without some form of evidence.

Listen to a scanner. They can be bought legally anywhere. You will hear the Gardai(currently until they go digital) and you will see they are constantly busy.

Berty wrote: »
    The Gardai doing speed checks are Traffic Corps. This is their job amongst other road related jobs so you cannot suggest that they should be out catching criminals because they are within their scope.

Thats not true Berty.
    Yes the traffic corps do carry out speed checks. BUt as I already said the traffic corps in the limerick area is very small, it's very small through out the country. So the ordinary Gardai carry out speed checks too, this is usually performed on OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Thats not true Berty.
    Yes the traffic corps do carry out speed checks. BUt as I already said the traffic corps in the limerick area is very small, it's very small through out the country. So the ordinary Gardai carry out speed checks too, this is usually performed on OT.

baza1976 what evidence do you have that "ordinary Gardai" as you put it are manning speed checks in the Limerick area, because i happen to know that they are not, and any speed checks done are carried out by the traffic corps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Berty wrote: »

Its the detectives, ERU, ARU(armed response if thats the name) whose job it is to catch these guys with the help of the regular rank and file.

You cannot simply lock up criminals because somebody heard that somebody shot somebody. You cannot simply arrest anybody without some form of evidence.

Listen to a scanner. They can be bought legally anywhere. You will hear the Gardai(currently until they go digital) and you will see they are constantly busy.

The regular cops are maning the check points in cork and I would say its the same in most parts of the country. Most cops are given quota's, so they have to catch a number of speeders a month. The easiest place is a daul carriageway not the most dangerous road in the country
    It should be fairly easy to build a case against crimials in this country. Its a small place and as long that you know who is doing what.It should be easy to gather evidence.

foinse wrote: »
    baza1976 what evidence do you have that "ordinary Gardai" as you put it are manning speed checks in the Limerick area, because i happen to know that they are not, and any speed checks done are carried out by the traffic corps.

Ok... My cousin is a memebr of the Gardai but no the traffic corps, he carried out speed checks on OT. I know a lady Garda (who is not related)who would't beat a fly if the fly was pi##ed drunk and wanted to be beat, carries out speed checks with her macho male co workers. She is now up in the corrib shell gas pipey liney thingy getting over paid with rent allowance and a bonus to scratch her nose....

Do you think I'm making this up!!!! If I wanted to make up something on here I'm sure I could have thought of something better...........

I know an area in Limerick county... there are 2 lady gardai renting a house in this area... When they are on the piss in town and can't be arsed to get a cab home they ring who ever is on duty in their area and get a lift home!!! I know for a fact that this happened twice. So if I saw it happening twice I'm sure it's happened more than that...
    And they wonder whay they can't get respect, when thay are acting like taxi service......... joke.......

I was in russells bar on Sat night...... bang on 1am they walked through the door you could set an atomic watch by them.... I know we were breaking the law and are lucky that we can still gain entry to the USA , but jezzzzzzzz wouldn't they ave been better off making people feel safer in their houses in the island or the hill by patrolling them areas. 6 Gardai it took to clear the pub and they weren't in any hurry either....2 gardai could have done the job

sorry for the rant lads but..... ah I could go on and on with them....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Anyone ever ring that traffic watch number, to report a dodgy driver or something?

Ok... My cousin is a memebr of the Gardai but no the traffic corps, he carried out speed checks on OT. I know a lady Garda (who is not related)who would't beat a fly if the fly was pi##ed drunk and wanted to be beat, carries out speed checks with her macho male co workers. She is now up in the corrib shell gas pipey liney thingy getting over paid with rent allowance and a bonus to scratch her nose....

Do you think I'm making this up!!!! If I wanted to make up something on here I'm sure I could have thought of something better...........

I know an area in Limerick county... there are 2 lady gardai renting a house in this area... When they are on the piss in town and can't be arsed to get a cab home they ring who ever is on duty in their area and get a lift home!!! I know for a fact that this happened twice. So if I saw it happening twice I'm sure it's happened more than that...And they wonder whay they can't get respect, when thay are acting like taxi service......... joke.......

I was in russells bar on Sat night...... bang on 1am they walked through the door you could set an atomic watch by them.... I know we were breaking the law and are lucky that we can still gain entry to the USA , but jezzzzzzzz wouldn't they ave been better off making people feel safer in their houses in the island or the hill by patrolling them areas. 6 Gardai it took to clear the pub and they weren't in any hurry either....2 gardai could have done the job

Well that's in the Dooradoyle neck of the woods unless there is another house that you are talking about. The Dooradoyle area house is a joke, with them staggering and singing as they get out of the squad car late at night, and being picked up earlier in the evening in their clubbing gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

one morning i when to my car to find it was broken into, they used a crowbar or something because the had the whole top of the door bent back, there was blook aswell on the frams, the must have cut themselves or whatever, anyway rang the guards at 8.30am and reported it, said they would be out straight away, but the didnt turn up, i rang again at 1 and the said they would be out later, again the never showed up so i rang again at 9pm and i got fairly thick on the phone, he said "we are very busy you know" i said "we you sure as hell arent busy catching criminals"
    needless to say they never came. I know its not a serious thing like but its not the point.

I know an area in Limerick county... there are 2 lady gardai renting a house in this area... When they are on the piss in town and can't be arsed to get a cab home they ring who ever is on duty in their area and get a lift home!!! I know for a fact that this happened twice. So if I saw it happening twice I'm sure it's happened more than that...
    And they wonder whay they can't get respect, when thay are acting like taxi service......... joke.......

well, i am a member myself and i can guarantee you no member is doing OT at the moment unless it's something major, the budget isn't there.

As for members using others as a taxi service, i don't condone it, and would love to see it stop, but i will say it doesn't happen much.

The problem with policing is that you will never satisfy everyone's needs, You have neighbours of pubs ringing in to say that their little darling can't get to sleep because of after hours, if you have a car available then yes you do something about it. if not then you don't. The job of a Garda is very resource driven.

Look at the hospital for a comparison to the Gardai and the way calls are prioritised.
    in A&E you're assessed by the seriousness of your injury, treated accordingly, your chart might be put back to the back of the pile a few times because of emergencies coming in by ambulance to the back door. They only have so many doctors and nurses, so can't treat everyone.

The Gardai is the same. if you're on your way to a call where someone has say given another person a slap in the face, then you get a call to say there's someone on top of a bridge, the person assaulted feels that they've been very badly done by and should be given the attention they deserve, and rightly so, but the person on the bridge takes prescedence because their life is in immediate danger. Things like this but maybe not as serious a scenario happen all the time.

Someone mentioned that Gardai have quotas to fill, WRONG, this is a myth, an urban legend if you will.....Gardai have to show a fair return of work,to show superiors that they're out there doing something and not just scratching their holes. Nobody says you have to get so much of this and so much of that each month. The very idea is ludicrous

The job of a Garda is not one that everybody understands, most people have little to no contact with Gardai, and the majority have no idea what is going on in their cities and towns every day and night of the week, just because the gardai don't show up the minute you call them doesn't mean that we're all lazy idiots who are trying to avoid work, it means we're doing something already and we'll get to you when we can and unfortunately, sometimes....if we can.

Just remember there's 2 sides to every story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

well, i am a member myself ......
    Can you tell me what is the Garda protocol at the scene of a serious/near fatal RTA?

The_Joker wrote: »
    Can you tell me what is the Garda protocol at the scene of a serious/near fatal RTA?

I'm not going into specific Garda protocol on an open website with a complete stranger, i have no problem defending my profession and clarifying what are glaring inaccuracies in the way the public view AGS, but i will not go into specifics relating to any type of Garda protocol, And seeing as you are a poster in ES i would have thought you would know not to ask such things on an open forum in such a fashion.

• Advertisement

I'm not going into specific Garda protocol on an open website with a complete stranger, i have no problem defending my profession and clarifying what are glaring inaccuracies in the way the public view AGS, but i will not go into specifics relating to any type of Garda protocol, And seeing as you are a poster in ES i would have thought you would know not to ask such things on an open forum in such a fashion.

Do you answer the phones in Roxboro?? Sounds like a telling off I got from there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement