Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday night sightings time for Shuttle and ISS

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Stargate wrote: »
    rickey

just saw nice pass of ISS here in Cork , bit cloudy but she looks as beautiful as ever

you staying up for the SS pass too :D

What time is SS passing?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Got good views of both passes tonight here in the midlands despite moderate cloud cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Cloudy in kilkenny missed wat are the chances of seen someting tommrow night:(:(:(

conti wrote: »
    Got good views of both passes tonight here in the midlands despite moderate cloud cover.

Yea, its been clear enough in midlands, a lot of clouds but they seem to have kept clear from the line its travelling luckily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

rickey

just saw nice pass of ISS here in Cork , bit cloudy but she looks as beautiful as ever

you staying up for the SS pass too :D

Damn i missed that(went into town quickly) when the SS going over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Dusty87

Howya doing
    Nice to see you here :D

times are as follows

SS 21:35 start coming from the WEST until 21:42 PM and flying towards EAST

ISS 21:51 start coming from the WEST until 21:59 pm and flying towards EAST

SS 23:08 start coming from the WEST until 23:12 PM and flying towards SOUTH EAST

ISS 23:26 start coming from the WEST until 23:33 pm and flying towards SOUTH EAST

THESE TIMES MAY CHANGE AS THE KEPLER ELEMENTS ARE UPDATED

Stargate:)

Dusty87 wrote:
    Hey guys im new to posting here so excuse the ignorance. Herself missed it again tonight due to 'pregnancy tiredness'. What are the times for tomorrow night does anyone know? Is it only visible from ireland?

ISS and Shuttle Pass for Friday (both will be combined):

22:53 to 22:59; brightest @: 22:56; W to E.

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Damn i missed that(went into town quickly) when the SS going over?

now 12:28 is gud
    hurry
    :D

Thanks stargate. It starts early enough so. Thats grand. Will hopefully get her out tomo night so:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Dusty87

Howya doing
    Nice to see you here :D

times are as follows

SS 21:35 start coming from the WEST until 21:42 PM and flying towards EAST

ISS 21:51 start coming from the WEST until 21:59 pm and flying towards EAST

SS 23:08 start coming from the WEST until 23:12 PM and flying towards SOUTH EAST

ISS 23:26 start coming from the WEST until 23:33 pm and flying towards SOUTH EAST

THESE TIMES MAY CHANGE AS THE KEPLER ELEMENTS ARE UPDATED

Stargate:)

Slightly off-topic, but I've always wondered about this. Does the program compensate for these changes without modification, or does he gather and input new orbital data over time?

• Advertisement

I quoted the wrong person in my last post, that post was meant for you Dusty87.

Stargate, are you sure they're the right times? My times are coming from Heavens Above.

ISS Pass for Friday:

22:53 to 22:59; brightest @: 22:56; W to E.

Shuttle Pass for Friday:

22:35 to 22:40; brightest @: 22:38; W to E.

The Shuttle is passing before the ISS tomorrow night, oddly. Anyway, hope that helps.

Thank you. Ha that is odd! I thought it was catchin it, Any reason for this?

Cheers Stargate,Saw your post a 00:26 and ran outside,Stood around freezing for a bit and then saw it :)

I quoted the wrong person in my last post, that post was meant for you Dusty87.

Stargate, are you sure they're the right times? My times are coming from Heavens Above.

LOL -JammyDodger-

I WILL GO WITYH YOUR TIMES , i was running WXTRACK and was fast forwarding to see what time they were going to hook up in the morn when i seen Dustys post and replied , sorry , my times could be out , its late and im up at 7am , i will check them tomorrow -JammyDodger- , in the meantime go with your times , sorry again , nite all :p

Hope for clear skies tomorrow night

Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I spotted the shuttle, was very far along West and it was visible for only about a minute for me. Anyone else catch a glimpse of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

No i didn't see s**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

nothing to say,just posting to get email reminders from this thread. ty

Wahey,It's raining now,Glad i got some pics of it before the rain set it,Might be clear again tomorrow,Who knows :)

I think the above times for the Shuttle are wrong, actually.

They are docking at 4:30 PM EDT, anybody have any idea what that is in Irish Summer Time?

I think the above times for the Shuttle are wrong, actually.

They are docking at 4:30 PM EDT, anybody have any idea what that is in Irish Summer Time?

8:30PM GMT

• Advertisement

efla wrote: »
    8:30PM GMT

So we can safely say that the only passes tomorrow night will be of the two combined? That figure of 4:30 PM EDT comes from the official flight plan, so it's bound to be right. I just want to know so I can correct the post in the other thread...

So we can safely say that the only passes tomorrow night will be of the two combined? That figure of 4:30 PM EDT comes from the official flight plan, so it's bound to be right. I just want to know so I can correct the post in the other thread...

Definately looks like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JMcCR

I got am amazing view here in Rotterdam as it passed last night. First time seeing it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Couldn't see a bloody thing, too cloudy:mad: Did get to see it wed night though:)

It's defiently going ahead at that time look how close they've gotten here

The ISS is still about 100km higher in Altitude than the SS but the SS will probably adjust it's altitude quite early today so we'll miss that,There's also about 110mph difference in speed so the shuttle will catch up in no time.

Advertisement