Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday night sightings time for Shuttle and ISS

Options

Comments

Daytime ISS pass in 5 min. I don't think it'll be visible, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Hadouken!!

Stargate wrote: »
    Ricky91t

send that weather up here to me in Cork Please !! :D

nice foto by the way !

Stargate

Send it to Dublin too please!! :)

Ricky make sure you post the photo up if you get lucky, that test photo is a cracking shot man. What gear you using?

PS: Thanks for the weather link Stargate!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

-JammyDodger-

I was saying last night you would be busy lol :D

Your doing a great job with all the info !!
    Well Done !!

Stargate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hadouken!! wrote: »
    Send it to Dublin too please!! :)

Ricky make sure you post the photo up if you get lucky, that test photo is a cracking shot man. What gear you using?

PS: Thanks for the weather link Stargate!! :)

A canon eos 1D MKII and sigma 20-40 at 20mm

And wait for it,It's all balancing on an old beer barrel from the local pub :pac:

Will post shots if i see

Anyone see the ISS there?I couldn't see it,Too far south maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Poland's getting a good look at it at this stage.

Ricky91t

Not here in Cork , too cloudy :mad:

Stargate

Clouds moving in now,Looks like my photo opportunity has just blown out the door :(

Alot of cloud above me but clear patches on the way,I don't hold much hope though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Hadouken!!

Ricky91t wrote: »
    A canon eos 1D MKII and sigma 20-40 at 20mm

And wait for it,It's all balancing on an old beer barrel from the local pub :pac:

Will post shots if i see

Nice kit!!

But please... get yourself a tripod dude, much easier!!! ;) lol

Hadouken!! wrote: »
    Nice kit!!

But please... get yourself a tripod dude, much easier!!! ;) lol

It's on the list,But it's a very long list :pac:

How's everywhere looking now?I've got a clear sky again and the sun just hurt my eyes when i went out to check,t- 75 minutes :)

• Advertisement

Ricky91t

Raining here in cork , misty , 360 cloud cover ,
    got out and looked to the west , a little brighter but still very cloudy :mad:

Rain and cloud really kills it dead dont it !!

real real shame

We need a parting of the clouds in a big way to save this night of " the chase "

Ricky send that clear sky this way .cmon :D

Stargate

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so what time are we saying people??

ISS....22.30*ish

shuttle.....22.55*ish

*ish is irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

All clear for cloud here. Have me ole humble 10x50 bino's out. Shuttle is still very low at peak altitude (265km). Hopefully I'll get some detail, last night was great with the engines.

Heaven-Above is updated now, so you can get shuttle times seperately there.

fryup wrote: »
    so what time are we saying people??

ISS....22.30*ish

shuttle.....22.55*ish

*ish is irish time

That's it. If you see my post near the beginning it'll give you all the details that you'll need.

What are the chances of seeing the shuttle in the next few mins?

Couldn't see it :(

What are the chances of seeing the shuttle in the next few mins?

Couldn't see it :(
    EDIT: Nevermind, looked at the wrong pass! Still not possible in daylight though.

It was actually nearly directly overhead, believe it or not. It's not of a low enough magnitude to see during daylight, though.

It was actually nearly directly overhead, believe it or not. It's not of a low enough magnitude to see during daylight, though.
    Opps, I was looking at the wrong time. Must edit my post...but you've already quoted me. :( :pac:

Quote gone!

Can you tell me roughly where the iss is going to go?

I was hoping it would be how i saw it last night,it kind of went SW to NE ish...If you get me,Sorry about all the posting just i don't wanna mess up my shot :)

• Advertisement

Haha it was grand but thanks. :o

ISS is heading West to East tonight!

jumpguy wrote: »
    Haha it was grand but thanks. :o

ISS is heading West to East tonight!

Thanks,Would it "look" over head in Kerry?If you know :pac:

Hi All

Was wondering what software , if any , people are using for tracking ?

I use a few sites on the net

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/tracking/

http://www.heavens-above.com/

I use 2 programmes for tracking , 2 great progs >>>>>

1 ......Nova For Windows
    http://www.nlsa.com/rectangular.html
    2.......Wxtrack
    http://www.satsignal.eu/software/wxtrack_at_work.htm

Love to know what everybody else is using :)

TNX

Stargate

Can you tell me roughly where the iss is going to go?

I was hoping it would be how i saw it last night,it kind of went SW to NE ish...If you get me,Sorry about all the posting just i don't wanna mess up my shot :)

Do you use Heavens Above? If you do, that'll tell you everything you need to know. Otherwise, if you see my post from earlier today on the first page of this thread, it'll tell you the direction from which it'll rise and in which it'll set (same for the Shuttle).

Here's a good website for tracking both the ISS and the Shuttle. The red circle surrounding both represents it's visibility horizon (you've to click on the icon of either the ISS or the Shuttle for the red circle
    to come up).

Edit: Ricky: it'll rise to a max. altitude of 65 degrees, that's the same as 6/7 stacked fists held at arms length.

Thanks,Would it "look" over head in Kerry?If you know :pac:
    Yeah it's making a very high pass tonight, nearly over your head. Just try to catch it heading over the horizon west as soon as possible. The shuttle will then be passing in nearly the same direction (West to ESE) at 10:59PM.

EDIT: As Jammydodger says, put in your co-ordinates to heavens-above and it has everything you need (including sky charts). I'm just reading the information off it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

Hey Guys been keeping an eye on this thread today, thanks for all the great info! Was hoping to see the iss and shuttle tonight but the clouds are thick here tonight in meath, not a break in them at all :( Doubtful that they'll clear in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can we concentrate on one thread......people are still using last nights thread

(bit confusing) merge or lock one....mods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is happening tonight?

I saw the shuttle launch last night and it was pretty sweet.

Is it re-entering our atmosphere tonight? Whats the story with the ISS, can we see that tonight too?

Do you use Heavens Above? If you do, that'll tell you everything you need to know. Otherwise, if you see my post from earlier today on the first page of this thread, it'll tell you the direction from which it'll rise and in which it'll set (same for the Shuttle).

Here's a good website for tracking both the ISS and the Shuttle. The red circle surrounding both represents it's visibility horizon (you've to click on the icon of either the ISS or the Shuttle for the red circle
    to come up).

Edit: Ricky: it'll rise to a max. altitude of 65 degrees, that's the same as 6/7 stacked fists held at arms length.
    Thanks for that,found this : http://www.heavens-above.com/gtrack.asp?date=40010.897064213&lat=52.42964&lng=-9.37374&alt=0&loc=Kilmorna&TZ=CET&satid=25544

Looks good :)

• Advertisement

dceire wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is happening tonight?

I saw the shuttle launch last night and it was pretty sweet.

Is it re-entering our atmosphere tonight? Whats the story with the ISS, can we see that tonight too?
    The shuttle will be in space for another 2 weeks! Tonight, it is passing over Ireland again before it connects with the ISS. The ISS is also passing before it. If you're not sure what the ISS is, look it up on wikipedia. :)

Advertisement