Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many average women would it take to overpower an average man?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

One, if they have a gun.

"God created all men. Samuel Colt made them all equal"

NTM

You yanks and yer guns. It's good old fashioned fistycuffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Abigayle wrote: »
    Dont think many of the lads would agree with you on that one! :pac: And by specifics you mean fighting dirty / going for certain areas?

Well, it's just logical really. Whether one be a "man" or a "woman" is pointless without context. Who is the man, who is the woman? "Average" doesn't mean ****, becuse to get an average you need a sample, and your sample will always be limited and useless anyways.

You need to decide who would be the agressor, how obvious would they be, how alert is the victim, are they impeded in anyway.....people forget that these are all factors in current oppossite sex on oppossite sex assaults. It's never as simple as the "man" wins.

Then, as people have pointed out, there is a simple fact that a shot to the knackers will do for most blokes, it doesn't even need to be a hard shot, just connect and normally something will happen. How many times have you accidently given your fella nads a tap and seen him go over? Proof is in the pudding, so if it's never happened (unlikely) give him a quick flick in the nuts later.:pac:

Basically, you have one stronger attacker with a major weakspot, versus one versatile victim with the ability to take advantage of it. I call that 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

My girlfriend can overpower me with a glare, so I'm gonna go with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Dragan wrote: »
    Then, as people have pointed out, there is a simple fact that a shot to the knackers will do for most blokes, it doesn't even need to be a hard shot, just connect and normally something will happen. How many times have you accidently
    given your fella nads a tap
    and seen him go over? Proof is in the pudding, so if it's never happened (unlikely) give him a quick flick in the nuts later.:pac:
    Oh indeed , the tap may not have the same velocity as the kick but equally as sore , even if it is accidental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

i love the smell of women.

• Advertisement

I love the smell of my own sweat on a summers day .It means I'm going for a shower soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dragan wrote: »
    Basically, you have one stronger attacker with a major weakspot, versus one versatile victim with the ability to take advantage of it. I call that 50/50.

I agree with you in general. But wouldnt the stronger attacker also have the fastest reflexes?
    so if it's never happened (unlikely) give him a quick flick in the nuts later
    I can't believe a guy is advising this test :D

You mean you didn't know ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My wife does a great job on her own, granted thats called bondage.

My sister can actually overpower 2 men jesus she is evil but georgous as she is my sister!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

cjbh wrote: »
    when I say average, I mean, average height, weight, age, etc.
    No specific fighting experience beyond that which is average

QUOTE]

so... wut do you mean average age?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

DarkJager wrote: »

It would be very hard for even a group of 10 females to overpower a male if he's flipped into blind rage mode. If the male is submissive, then maybe 2 or 3. Though 'd seriously doubt any man would let himself be beaten senseless by anyone without at least throwing some punches back.

Edit: That figure is assuming there are no black belt bench pressing wimmins involved in the attack. ;)

Pff like women never go into a red rage.

There are too many variable factors some people just have a sheer talent for inflicting pain in just the right places with out thinking about it that plus the motivation and nearly anyone can be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I agree with you in general. But wouldnt the stronger attacker also have the fastest reflexes?

Nope, strength and reflexes are completely different things. Or, to make it even more complicated , there are different types of strength. The the most obvious difference between a "man" and a "woman" outside of sex organs is that males will typically have more muscle. Muscles drive limbs and movements.

However, what tells them to move is the Central Nervous System, which is what controls things like reflexes. When you train the body, you don't just train the muscles to move under different circumstances, you also train the CNS to be faster and more efficent. How fast your nerves can tell your muscles what to do is the difference between coming first and coming second normally.

Also, it is reliant on a whole heap of factors which cannot be easily differentiated between the sexes, like neuron health etc.

Reflexes and strength are mostly removed from each other and the one does not imply the other.

Indeed. To everyone except my girlfriend.:D

Gouge in the eyes can do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

many a weakness have been exposed already, we're pulling out!

Advertisement