Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Anglers Rest - A plaice :-) for fishy tales - it was HOW big !!

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Were on the boyne is good for salmon

In the water

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

We really are stone mad sometimes. Anglers that is. I went for a swim this morning at 8am. There was a guy set up on the pier who looked like he had been there awhile. I'm just home myself after some spinning for bass. The guy is still there and doesnt look to be packing up any time soon. That's how it should be done. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

SeaFields wrote: »
    We really are stone mad sometimes. Anglers that is. I went for a swim this morning at 8am. There was a guy set up on the pier who looked like he had been there awhile. I'm just home myself after some spinning for bass. The guy is still there and doesnt look to be packing up any time soon. That's how it should be done. :cool:

You sure he hasn't expired from exposure and is in fact in full rigor in his fishing chair?!!

A friend of mine has decided to retire from fishing and contacted me the other day and presented my young lad with these to get him started! Suffice to say I don't think we'll run out of lures or spinners any time soon! What a haul!
    20140909_114332_zpse6da21c4.jpg

Need some advice please, lads Had my keepnet landing mat and net stolen from my patio last night. Only had it kept outside as I live in an apt and the smell off them was to bad to keep them inside. I know you can buy stink bags for nets etc but do they actually work and do they completely stop the smell from the nets stinking the place out? Will have to keep them inside now but can't if I can't sort the smell issue and don't know what to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Scrappy600 wrote: »
    Need some advice please, lads Had my keepnet landing mat and net stolen from my patio last night. Only had it kept outside as I live in an apt and the smell off them was to bad to keep them inside. I know you can buy stink bags for nets etc but do they actually work and do they completely stop the smell from the nets stinking the place out? Will have to keep them inside now but can't if I can't sort the smell issue and don't know what to do

I just wash everything with cold water when finished with them and have never had a problem with smells. Maybe twice a year I give them a thorough washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Smelly net, always a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Smelly net, always a good sign.
    Unless its a different type of fishnet but thats for another forum lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ArmitageShanks

I see Ballyhass lakes have expanded their tackle shop and are having a big sale on the 14th & 15th of Feb if anyone is interested the details are up on their facebook page and website

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MWforumfisher

Really think this thread should be brought back. Looks like great craic.

Went fishing on dun laoghaire pier today, traditional feathers, nothing showed up. Scenery was amazing. Sure Fishing is just a great excuse to be outside :)

• Advertisement

I hit a west cork rock mark last week. Havent caught a wrasse this early before but i wanted to give it a go anyway.
    Ended up with 6/7 fish, mostly small but 2 decent fish, biggest was about 3.5lb, think he was 44/45 cms. Had 2 fish that smoked me and i couldnt stop. Delighted to hear the drag sing again. Happy out till i did my back in climbing up the hill on the way back to the car. Ended up on tablets for the week and im only just about back to normal.
    Good days fishing tho, lol
    The option for pics seems to be gone.

.red. wrote: »
    I hit a west cork rock mark last week. Havent caught a wrasse this early before but i wanted to give it a go anyway.
    Ended up with 6/7 fish, mostly small but 2 decent fish, biggest was about 3.5lb, think he was 44/45 cms. Had 2 fish that smoked me and i couldnt stop. Delighted to hear the drag sing again. Happy out till i did my back in climbing up the hill on the way back to the car. Ended up on tablets for the week and im only just about back to normal.
    Good days fishing tho, lol

Ya, I can't post pictures either. Just hanging on now with a bit of half hearted sea fishing until I get my first fly rod.
    Never have any good success in the sea, the rivers and lakes are the life for me.
    Glad to hear others are having a bit more luck than me, that sounds like a lovely wrasse :)

Mine is fine Red? You should be able to alright.
    Ya, I can't post pictures either.

You'll need 50 posts to post pics MW. It's a security feature on boards

SeaFields wrote: »
    Mine is fine Red? You should be able to alright.

Its only a wrasse anyway, nothing huge or exotic!
    It wasnt there on the touch site so i switched over to the main site and i still couldnt?

Its only a wrasse anyway, nothing huge or exotic!
    It wasnt there on the touch site so i switched over to the main site and i still couldnt?

I dunno so! I can see it here. Helpdesk maybe? With your photos not working it will be the one time you catch a big 'un and won't be able to post it! :pac:

Went shore fishing today (luckily I live beside the sea and a stream) but had no luck on lures AND bait. After an hour no joy. Decided to try the stream as I was out of hope, even though I knew it was probably empty. Fifth cast of a lure and caught a small flounder in the stream! The surprise made up for the whole day!

Advertisement