Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Veg*ns (Pictures and info!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey Jennnnnnnnnnnnniiiieeee <3
    I wonder who this mysterious favourite person in the world is, the handome devil.
    The other pic is great too, shure we looks fantastic, look at all that hair! :P

bythewoods wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm Jennie.
    I lurk and occasionally post here. I'm, eh, very nice.

I've been a veggie for about 5ish years now. S'good times.
    I've decided to include a photo of myself and my favourite person in the world, who some of ye may recognise...
    Now, I relaise my face is hidden, but I look like a smug knob-end in the other one of myself and my favourite person. Plus this one's far classier.

15736_1261339060384_1436928853_3074.jpg

Sorry Didn't see you there Jenny!
    Your the purveyor of choclately badness!!!!
    I look forward to reading you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

Hello there everyone new I've missed. :D

I've been rather away lately. But I'm sure it'll be wonderful to talk to you all.
    And there is a purveyor of chocolate-y badness? I like you already....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

She showed me how to make chocolate cake in a cup! It doesnt get more chocolaty purveyor than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭shinysiren

How about homemade hot chocolate, made with dark chocolate (80%) and cream.
    It's some decadent stuff!

But I wanna make cake in a cup!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DarkSeraphim

lol how did you know i liked anime? Who is your source for this info?! lol

I am currently watching the Death Note series. I bought my boyfriend the complete dvd boxset and also the complete manga set too. He got me the Death Note films on Dvd so after we watch the anime series we will move on to watch the Dvd films.

I am only really starting to get into anime. Some of my friends have been fans of it for years but i never got around to watching it. LOVING death note, next will be naruto then bleach and god knows what next lol

lol how did you know i liked anime? Who is your source for this info?! lol

I am currently watching the Death Note series. I bought my boyfriend the complete dvd boxset and also the complete manga set too. He got me the Death Note films on Dvd so after we watch the anime series we will move on to watch the Dvd films.

I am only really starting to get into anime. Some of my friends have been fans of it for years but i never got around to watching it. LOVING death note, next will be naruto then bleach and god knows what next lol
    muaha! I knew it! /stalk
    nah I can always tell! :p

Death nte is fantastic..watched it 3 times now hehe. How much they set you back? Buying this stuff is ridiculously expensive! I saw one film of it, it wasn't anime, just some japanese people.

Just got 40 episodes of bleach yester to catch up with teh newest season, think it's season 13, it's great! Haven't watched naruto yet but it's probably great. I'd try hellsing and samurai champloo and cowboy beebop and ghost in teh shelll...ok i better stop listing things now! Next think you know you'll be at Eirtakon
    Ah wanna watch deathnote again now thinking about it...and be L for halloween. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Some of you have met the real Donnie...
    He's really been working his winter coat this year. It's like his fur knew in advance how cold it was going to be. Fluffy, fluffy, fluffy.... :p

969A1A092B8C45C08CD121C9A68898E6-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Man he is a beaut! Ridiculously fluffy cats are the BEST I have two, but only one is cuddly. Is he one of those half wild barna cats?

Ha, yes he is cuddly, but he's very picky with the cuddling, he's prone to gnawing on your arm if you over-do it :p
    He is some kind of Siberian forest cat, but how that happened is a mystery! This is his mother, she died a few months back unfortunately :( She was also super fluffy, but she really liked the cuddles!

2935412029_6ea2e44ecc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Aw she has lovely markings. Thats the prob with cats and animals in general they live such short lives compared to us, heartache is an inevitability if you're a pet owner.
    I love that psycho 'oh I love you, I love you, *clamp* pissed off now cos you did it wrong!' thing they do, shows theres still a bit of wildness in there somewhere :p

Yeah, it's definitely something you sign up for when you bring an animal into your life. She was quite young though so it was pretty sad.
    And yes, the kitty mood swings, there's nothing like them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Vegan Wannabe

I'm 23. Female. Doing a Masters in UCD. Vegetarian since I was 15 or so. I think cow's milk is for calves but you might catch me eating pizza the odd time. Sometimes I pop a marshmallow in my mouth from the cineworld place. Basically - trying to eat vegan food as best I can but I slip up' now and then. So if anybody asks- i'm a vegetarian who doesn't eat alot of dairy.
    Newish to this forum but it's great!:)

welcome to the forum miss wannabe. 23 is the best age! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

Hey everyone, I'm Sue!
    Never posted here, but lurk for some nice recipes and the like :p
    I'm 19 and have been veggie for the last 5/6 years and vegan on and off for the last 2 years ( I always end up getting sick due to my lack of doing it properly :rolleyes:) but have been trying vegan again for the last month or two and it's been going easier than the other times so fingers crossed :o
    I'm in IADT doing a mulitmedia course, which is awesome and i'm loving it!

here is mee with my snakey friend! :)

17053_243881209622_661444622_4275515_8014496_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hello! You should indeed post and pipe up :) What's IADT like for vegan food?

Hello! You should indeed post and pipe up :) What's IADT like for vegan food?
    Terrible :( i usually bring food with me! The odd day i'm caught out I can only have chips or if they have rice that day!
    They usually have some salad around too, but that doesn't fill me up ;p

Ah, I was hoping you'd have secret praise for the place :D I've been in UCD for years and I've always brought my own food in. I once got some sort of bean dish from the restaurant that happened to be vegan, but it didn't taste too good. Never bothered askng again! Sure, there's always chips if I ever get desparate :)

Hello Suzanne! Nice to see you here! :)
    Even if I'm getting the heebies from here off your little friend. :P
    Is he icky to touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I'm Aisling and a veggie for over a decade and vegan for 3 weeks and loving it. I had some health issues which have resolved since stopping dairy. It wasn't the reason I did it but a GREAT benefit. It feels a bit like a reward.

Anyway, I'm 26, married to a carnivore-turning-omnivore-turning part-time vegetarian. I'm an artist, holistic therapist, hobby cook and writer and a few other things.

:D

• Advertisement

Aisling&M wrote: »
    I'm Aisling and a veggie for over a decade and vegan for 3 weeks and loving it. I had some health issues which have resolved since stopping dairy. It wasn't the reason I did it but a GREAT benefit. It feels a bit like a reward.

Anyway, I'm 26, married to a carnivore-turning-omnivore-turning part-time vegetarian. I'm an artist, holistic therapist, hobby cook and writer and a few other things.

:D
    Welcome aboard, sounds like you enjoy your work!
    suzaane wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I'm Sue!
    Never posted here, but lurk for some nice recipes and the like :p
    I'm 19 and have been veggie for the last 5/6 years and vegan on and off for the last 2 years ( I always end up getting sick due to my lack of doing it properly :rolleyes:) but have been trying vegan again for the last month or two and it's been going easier than the other times so fingers crossed :o
    I'm in IADT doing a mulitmedia course, which is awesome and i'm loving it!

here is mee with my snakey friend! :)

17053_243881209622_661444622_4275515_8014496_n.jpg
    And welcome to you too! Loving the snake!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Hey all, been posting for a bit but never introduced myself.

9933_128417779518_562339518_2294797_6265181_n.jpg

I'm Kieran :D

Hello Kieran! Interesting picuture indeed... oh the stories one could invent around it I can only imagine...

What do you do with yourself? Veggie? Vegan? Tell us more :D

Hey dude, welcome aboard, nice misfits tshirt :P

You look quite like a pal fof mine that's trying to be a veggie

Hello Kieran! Interesting picuture indeed... oh the stories one could invent around it I can only imagine...

What do you do with yourself? Veggie? Vegan? Tell us more :D

Oh there stories there were. About 20 minutes later I had the word "Virgin" on my forehead in pink sharpie ink and sleeping on the floor of a sitting room with around 15 other people. New years '07 or '08 I believe it was...

I'm a history student in Trinity, veggie for around... 5 or 6 months now and loving it and finding it incredibly easy as my mam herself is a pescetarian/vegetarian for health reasons, so that's very convenient :D

Ah good stuff :) If you would like to come along to a UCD VegSoc dinner on Tuesday you would be more than welcome (as are any other Dublin area student boardsies). Govinda's, Abbey St, 6.30pm ;) There are plenty of TCD veggies about here... someone must be interested in getting a society going!

Ah good stuff :) If you would like to come along to a UCD VegSoc dinner on Tuesday you would be more than welcome (as are any other Dublin area student boardsies). Govinda's, Abbey St, 6.30pm ;) There are plenty of TCD veggies about here... someone must be interested in getting a society going!

Sounds good yeah, should be seeing a few veggies tomorrow so I'll mention it to them, see if they're interested :D

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Hello Suzanne! Nice to see you here! :)
    Even if I'm getting the heebies from here off your little friend. :P
    Is he icky to touch?
    Thank you :D
    Nope he's really nice to touch and keeps me amused! He's actually not mine, he's my friends unfortunately :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh. found a pic of a froo.

n832835572_9177.jpg

• Advertisement

froo is a legend :D

Advertisement