Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

genie wrote: »
    Supermacs is now open in Castlebaldwin at the petrol station. :) The shop next door has been refurbished, too. No ATM, though. :rolleyes:

I drove by there today, it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Slidey wrote: »
    Vinnie McDonaghs looks to be re-opening soon.

Not sure who will be running it though.

Pat is reopening it next week, with a store in Sligo soon to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

bennyc wrote: »
    Pat is reopening it next week, with a store in Sligo soon to follow

great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

genie wrote: »
    Supermacs is now open in Castlebaldwin at the petrol station. :) The shop next door has been refurbished, too. No ATM, though. :rolleyes:

The fatties of Sligo will be over the moon. Pity they'll have to bring cash though.. how inconvinent.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

The fatties of Sligo will be over the moon. Pity they'll have to bring cash though.. how inconvinent.

They've had a broken ATM sitting in the shop for the last three years, I thought that they could have had it repaired/replaced while they were doing up everything else. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

i wonder will this place do well out in Castlebaldwin,surely it would have done better it Sligo town.I wonder is it being run by the people who own the Petrol station?Maybe they have a franchise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

There is a lot of passing trade though! The McD at motorways and roads always do best, in other countries anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

i wonder will this place do well out in Castlebaldwin,surely it would have done better it Sligo town.

Had something there, on the way to Sligo one weekend...the fast food section is semi open plan with the shop. It must be one of the worst fast food places I visited in a long time. It took ages for them to get the hang of the milk shake machine, and when the shake eventually arrived it was more like milk on top and fatty sludge at the bottom. Hopefully they will sort out these problems quicker than the cash dispensing machine. And as for the fellow making burgers in front of you... The supermacs in Carrick is much better. Castlebalwin was the wrong location all right...fast food places always do better in towns and cities / on major roads through towns + cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Up in the retail park today and noticed planning permission sign on INSTORE's window.

Went over for a look and it was for Mother Care.

dingding wrote: »
    Up in the retail park today and noticed planning permission sign on INSTORE's windo.

Went over for a look and it was for Mother Care.

Cool!! Will be happy with that, some competition foor koolkidz

• Advertisement

McDonaghs in Ballymote reopened. I was in and its looks really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Palatine Transport have expanded their base warehouse by moving out to the old Mangans site to Collooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

Slidey wrote: »
    Palatine Transport have expanded their base warehouse by moving out to the old Mangans site to Collooney.
    Great to see that the Haulage Companies are weathering the storm during this *ecession....I won't use the 'R' word :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Callaghan Forklifts are moving into the Changing Rooms building in Collooney, and Fenton Fires opening in Toberbride Business Park Collooney as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Noticed a new chipper opening on the way into wine st carpark accross the road from the kids shop.

I think it used to be a knock off of TK Max

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dingding wrote: »
    Noticed a new chipper opening on the way into wine st carpark accross the road from the kids shop.

I think it used to be a knock off of TK Max
    Ah yes... beside Video City?

Do we need another chipper?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I noticed it been fitted out a few days ago, saw the counter and the layout and thought it looked like a chipper. Odd place for it, hardly going to be open late to attract the crowds after the nightclubs.

basquille wrote: »
    Ah yes... beside Video City?

Do we need another chipper?! :D

there can't be enough chippers!!!

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I noticed it been fitted out a few days ago, saw the counter and the layout and thought it looked like a chipper. Odd place for it, hardly going to be open late to attract the crowds after the nightclubs.

It could do quite well from the Cinema crowds and the Clarence.

bennyc wrote: »
    It could do quite well from the Cinema crowds and the Clarence.
    My girlfriend said the same thing.. practically verbatim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

Chartbusters are already there aren't they?

DenMan wrote: »
    Chartbusters are already there aren't they?
    No, it's a small store next store to Chartbusters. Think King Communications were there at one point as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭jazyguy

Pixifoto are coming to Sligo, up in the retail park I Think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who are pixifoto?

http://www.pixifoto.ie/

these? a bit strange to put in a retailpark, i mean are the units not to big?

After looking at the PixiFoto website and looking at their store locations, all their permanent studio locations are within Mothercare stores, so presuming Mothercare is granted planning permission and open up in the retail park, I presume PixiFoto will be located within the store.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    After looking at the PixiFoto website and looking at their store locations, all their permanent studio locations are within Mothercare stores, so presuming Mothercare is granted planning permission and open up in the retail park, I presume PixiFoto will be located within the store.

that makes sence

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

basquille wrote: »
    No, it's a small store next store to Chartbusters. Think King Communications were there at one point as well.

I love Chippers and Id say the same. There are never enough chippers!:D
    So like that chippers is under the rooftop restaurant and beside the little hairdresser right?

Janine87 wrote: »
    So like that chippers is under the rooftop restaurant and beside the little hairdresser right?
    Yep, spot on!

• Advertisement

There is a new gallery opening on Market Street for Shooting Stars, it's beside David Martin hairdressers.
    I had a look at their website and they seem to do pictures of kids football and GAA matches and a few exceptions with some Aussie Rules.

Advertisement