Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are mods payed????

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Are you buying? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Pighead wrote: »
    Reading your posts is like being an altar boy. Pain in the hole.

Come on Fink! Is their really any need for the rubbish one liners followed by a dancing line of goofy grinning green fcukers. What's wrong with a couple of lines of interesting text followed by a nice calm pleasant yellow smiley.

You're coming across as a grinning goon when Pighead knows that there is an intellectual somewhere deep inside you trying to break through. Release the intellectual and put the goon to bed for an hour.

Oooh Sorry to hear that. :):):)

So being an alter boy wasnt a good experience eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Oooh Sorry to hear that. :):):)

If the good Lord says it was good then it was good.

Anyway bottom line is this Goddie. You've annoyed Pighead today and annoyed him good. Haven't been this wound up since last night when the BBC postponed The Great British Foreign Holiday for the Jacko memorial service. Lay off the one liners Goodie and lay off the green smileys otherwise there will be an explosion of anger and a thunderstorm of weeping tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Probably not. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Anyway bottom line is this Goddie. You've annoyed Pighead today and annoyed him good. Haven't been this wound up since last night when the BBC postponed The Great British Foreign Holiday for the Jacko memorial service. Lay off the one liners Goodie and lay off the green smileys otherwise there will be an explosion of anger and a thunderstorm of weeping tears.

ok :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

How many times must the same joke be made?

uriah wrote: »
    I think moderators to be a little like referees - when they do their job well, you don't even notice that they are there.
    if the referee is the central figure in a game, he's not doing his job.

Threatening a poster because they disagreed with you (in a gentle, polite manner) is not moderating. It's abuse of power and damaging to a forum.
    I'd never abuse my power.

Walsh wrote: »
    I feel a sense of jealousy in this thread.
    The force is strong in this one.

Valmont wrote: »
    Cool that this thread has stayed open, it's still pointless and stupid though.

Mods: Would you ever mention to a potential employer that you are a forum moderator on boards.ie as a value demonstration of some sort?

Random question but I always wondered about it.
    **** no.
    Chances are that I probably banned them at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I think that moderators are fine (in moderation)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

It has to be the most overrated thing i'd magine. All these young aspiring keyboard heros, thinking they will be able to MOD their way around Europe for a year or 2. But then life became static here in Irela..... Boards. They got a Girlfrie...... New Computer and they decided to settle, forever stuck in the reality that Boards.ie is the only thing that matters in life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Am quite surprised that Mods get NOTHING for their efforts to be honest..... thought there might be some perk for the job (apart from the hookers cocaine thingy...)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I love you Pighead, I really do.

You are quite simply the most entertaining poster on these forums in years.

• Advertisement

Am quite surprised that Mods get NOTHING for their efforts to be honest..... thought there might be some perk for the job (apart from the hookers cocaine thingy...)

No. There is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

No. There is nothing.

So is Boards a non-profit thing? or are the Mod's been taken for a ride by someone else who's raking in all the money from the advertisements?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    So is Boards a non-profit thing? or are the Mod's been taken for a ride by someone else who's raking in all the money from the advertisements?

In the early days, mods had to tread the pedals under the desk to keep the servers running, these days it's all modern and the advertising actually pays for hamsters and wheels.

'tis a great relief, so it is.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No-one was forced into modship - the people that are mods at the moment wanted to be mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

It's simple.
    On boards, first you get the modship then you get the power then you get the women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

jumpguy wrote: »
    We can insult mods now? :D Fecking knobs, don't know what they're doing. Don't get me STARTED on Sharpshooter, pink writing, then normal! Make up yere mind!

*awaits ban*

one day on boards, i got a ban from the the politics forum, it seems you cant say anything about Fianna Fail

To be serious for a moment.

No we're not paid, there are no benefits of any kind.

Most of us do the job because we believe in boards.ie and want to make a difference and hopefully improve the experience for everyone.

We're human, so we make mistakes - mistakes which some people are quick enough to go whinging about, but never ONCE 'tipping their hat in acknowledgement for the sh*t we put up with or the small ways in which we make life here a little better.

So there ya go, we're not paid in any way shape or form.

get real, like all media you are told what is perrmitted,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

They get a banhammer/banstick - that keeps them happy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

one day on boards, i got a ban from the the politics forum, it seems you cant say anything about Fianna Fail

If you said anything positive about them, you deserved the ban.:rolleyes::D

You can lock our threads but you can never take away our freedom!

http://mymoviebanners.com/pics/braveheart/braveheart-5.jpg

dont kid yourself, you live in a pretend democracy, slag off biffo or jabba the hut harney and it wont be too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

dont kid yourself, you live in a pretend democracy, slag off biffo or jabba the hut harney and it wont be too long.

You'll love the conspiracy forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I suspect it was more about how you said things, rather than your point.

Freedom of information? not likely. Freedom of speech. nope as well. Dont kid yourself that you are any more enlightened than any one else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pighead was once an altar boy back in the mid eighties. Did he get paid? No. Did he take money from the collection box to pay for expenses and time given? Yes.
    Interesting, I often wondered did ye charge by the hour or the inch ...
    It's simple.
    On boards, first you get the modship then you get the power then you get the women.
    Hmmm, I seem to have skipped the middle step ... :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv bashed FF loads of times on the Politics forum and never once received any infraction/ban. As have plenty of other users who joined me in the various debates. Muppetry (or AH style posts) always get scrapped because they offer nothing decent to a conversation sadly. Different forums have different communication levels.

But ya, none of us get paid. Its done all in our spare time because we enjoy it. We make some great friends and great enemys through it all. The only folk earning money are the website founders and share holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

if so they should be all sacked, useless the lot of them:mad:

Payed no
    spayed: perhaps:D

I suspect it was more about how you said things, rather than your point.

Freedom of information? not likely. Freedom of speech. nope as well. Dont kid yourself that you are any more enlightened than any one else.

you would be very surprised at some of the political associates i know, also what info i have, regarding the crooks in govt, which will come out in due time, i am currently a chairman of my local party branch, i will not mention party affiliation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

No-one was forced into modship - the people that are mods at the moment wanted to be mods.

That's taking things a bit far, as if someone would want to be a mod! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

mink_man wrote: »
    no YOU stop wasting your time!

Took me a minute to get this. Laughed when I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Bullied at school?
    Failed miserably in all your exams?
    Never get attention?
    Is the fast food delivery guy the only person you talk to?
    Rejected for every job application?
    Do you sit in a dark room all day playing computer games?
    Are you still a virgin?

Then join boards and become a Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

My kid used to say that when he grows up he wants to be a fireman/ garda/ racing driver /footballer and now i's a mod - I just had to cry - I really want him to have a life at least three feet away from a keyboard.

Advertisement