Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Intake

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

sorted :)

got my passport photos today. im making a new account, and its asking about my employer to be? does anyone know what address i would put down for it? is there a payroll address it comes from? if someone could pm me it... PSNI or MGH ;):) if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

smyff wrote: »
    sorted :)

got my passport photos today. im making a new account, and its asking about my employer to be? does anyone know what address i would put down for it? is there a payroll address it comes from? if someone could pm me it... PSNI or MGH ;):) if possible!

Pm'd ye lawd!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

congrats. loooks like we will be better than those grimey greens after all :P

AHHHHEEMMMM!!!! Sorry. Just got something stuck in my throat there. I think it may have been a bit of HARD CHEESE smyff. Cant wait til the blues take the newbie spotlight. ...

AHHHHEEMMMM!!!! Sorry. Just got something stuck in my throat there. I think it may have been a bit of HARD CHEESE smyff. Cant wait til the blues take the newbie spotlight. ...

what have you been drinking ;) otherwise, i hope that wasnt reference to the tunes or i will be disappointed.

i cant wait either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Good luck for your SID guys. It will be a fun day!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

is everyone excited about our SID? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

surfrunner wrote: »
    Good luck for your SID guys. It will be a fun day!!!

haha will it:pac: lol oj yas will enjoy it, its a long day but yas will be fine! the boardsies make yourself knowen through smyth, lol ya cant miss him:P it'l be good to meet some of yas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Smyff- did you get sorted with a suit?

i did indeed cheers for asking! youll know me a mile off. sadly :pac:

cheers surf n given. ohh aye suzie, cant wait haha

eek

i lost my birth cert, but i found it again. guess where it was. my app pack. i didnt go bin hoakin' for it... honest!!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 MCC.09

ahhh, I didn't read that we needed passport photos, had to literally run and get them last minute today!
    Annnnd i can't find my national insurance card..dammit!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

eek

i lost my birth cert, but i found it again. guess where it was. my app pack. i didnt go bin hoakin' for it... honest!!!:pac::pac::pac:

do you need your birth cert? i have no idea where mine is, not that its relevant for me at the minute, but if i get in it would be handy to know if i need to get a hold of a copy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Flybywire

Just running though all the SOTP workbook prep work before the big day. Tried to start at the beginning but have ended up moving backwards and forwards through it all. I thought my printer was going to melt down when printing the Handbook. One hundred and forty seven f*kin pages:eek:! Some of them caution against the use of offensive language so the use of f*kin will have to stop:p. Turns out my learning styles are evenly balanced between all four methods. No idea if that's good or bad. Cannot find some answers in the Standing Orders questions but I guess they'll still be there tomorrow and I'll look again then.

I've bought the Kiwi but little else and I haven't got my innoculation records from GP yet. Fitness is going OK but I banged my knee swimming the other day (I call it swimming - others might say I was just going round the Lazy River at the Lisburn Leisureplex) and it's a wee bit sore.

Other than that, all on track :) But I could be wrong :(

How are the rest of you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GollyMolly

Got most of the workbook completed and read through the handbook! Starting on the definitions! Head is pickled! You have me panicking! I don't remember being asked about the innoculations records! Have you seen the list of kit we get! I'm going to have to buy a new wardrobe!! I'm not too worried about the fitness bit. Sent my mum out yesterday to get me linen tea towels and she came back with big fluffy cotton ones, which are no use! Finish work on Friday so next week will be dedicated to getting everything organised!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Flybywire

I think we had to state Hepititis vacs didn't we? Haven't done definitions yet. A lot of my T-shirts are "emblemmed" - not in any offensive way IMO but they do show clubs around UK and Ire where I have competed so they'll have to go. New wardrobe for me too then. I have a plastic ironing cloth - don't laugh, it actually works and I got it from Klenezee years ago. Haven't slept in single bed for a while so need a new duvet cover etc. Lucky we'll be so close to 24hr Tesco in case we forget stuff.

Getting awfully close now.

Flybywire wrote: »
    I think we had to state Hepititis vacs didn't we? Haven't done definitions yet. A lot of my T-shirts are "emblemmed" - not in any offensive way IMO but they do show clubs around UK and Ire where I have competed so they'll have to go. New wardrobe for me too then. I have a plastic ironing cloth - don't laugh, it actually works and I got it from Klenezee years ago. Haven't slept in single bed for a while so need a new duvet cover etc. Lucky we'll be so close to 24hr Tesco in case we forget stuff.

Getting awfully close now.

I meant a new wardrobe to store all the kit we get issued :o

I found the sheet for the vaccinations, phew! Left into my doctor this morning for them to complete!

I haven't slept in a single bed for a while either, lets hope i don't get top bunk and roll over forgetting where i am!!

And a plastic ironing cloth?? Hmm doesn't plastic melt with heat lol, an old pillow case will do me!

Bring them with you, that's what i'm doing, it does give you the full address on the form, but i reckon they send them all off together!

Do we need to bring leverarch folders etc for our work, or do you know we'll be provided with them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 breakingbad

Anybody from this intake ever on the board anymore? I just want to see how everyone is getting on in the bubble.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Not really. Once people go in, they typically abandon boards. They're just too busy.

Advertisement