Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSV test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

mark2000ie wrote: »
    well done info91, hopefully I will join you both on 19th Aug :)
    :)passed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

Well done mark. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

well done Mark, anything new in there

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

Congrats. just failed for the second time.County Tipperary 91% for 1st. part 72% for knowledge. Have spsv, needed it for dispatch op. licence. Time to forget all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 goodimpra

congrats. i just back from holidays. next month i will pass as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 c14

Hope you enjoyed your holidays because once you start in this game they will be few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 robbie111

c14 wrote: »
    Hope you enjoyed your holidays because once you start in this game they will be few and far between.
    Taxi friend of mine is on his annual 4-5 week holiday in his holiday house in south of spain, I suppose that is "few and far between c14 lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

robbie111 wrote: »
    Taxi friend of mine is on his annual 4-5 week holiday in his holiday house in south of spain, I suppose that is "few and far between c14 lol :)

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.:)

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.:)

You can call me a liar if you want Volvoboy but what i said is true, I didnt say anyone driving a taxi would be in that kind of positon as everyones circumstances are different. But it is not true to say that being a taxi driver means that taking a holiday will be few and far between!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 c14

Robbie the few holidays is much closer to reality than 5 week breaks in Spain believe me.

• Advertisement

c14 wrote: »
    Robbie the few holidays is much closer to reality than 5 week breaks in Spain believe me.
    Yep I know, same at the average worker in this country:)

The people taking the holidays are the one who do not feel it worthwhile working too hard as the rewards are so small.

Anyone done the test for county Tipperary recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Has anyone done the area knowledge test for Louth/Meath recently ? Just wondering what type of questions are coming up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 markcork

Has anyone done the area knowledge test for Cork recently also just wondering what type of questions are coming up ? has anyone passed it!!!!

Need the help, Please
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyd

did not do cork test but i have done waterford one its very hard. i got industry knowledge 72% aera knowledge 78% i dont know what area i was wrong its very hard. the questions are hard an a bit misleading they ask the most unsual places where they are ,they ask how many villages to get to a place but there 3 ask whitch 2 ,i think its aload of rubbish only a money making racket i will try again, the book an tape is abit of a ripoff .its hard to get all the maps, i would say any taxi driver in waterford would look at you as if you had two heads if you asked him some of the questions also its crasey you have to know how to run a taxi firm. i think driving licence an taxi buisness should be seperate

Canarygold wrote: »
    wed week mark, let me know if you get anything else as I will of course.;):)

Did you pass Canarygold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyd

failed yesterday only 78% an 72% i will try again 9/9/09 but the questions are diff on each sitting is that correct ,also non national people only has to get 40% to pass .they ask about small streets you canot know all side streets a friend of mine wanted to go to a fairly common place the other day the driver had no idea where it was .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

poppyd wrote: »
    non national people only has to get 40% to pass .they ask about small streets you canot know all side streets a friend of mine wanted to go to a fairly common place the other day the driver had no idea where it was .

This is a rumor thats been going around in the trade for the last few years totally false, few years ago when i sat my test in Benevin collage in Finglas the fella in charge annonced that it was such, in front of non nationals.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    This is a rumor thats been going around in the trade for the last few years totally false, few years ago when i sat my test in Benevin collage in Finglas the fella in charge annonced that it was such, in front of non nationals.
    I would not think this to be true and in any case this test only came in this year(you said the incident was a few years ago ). If it was true this would be racial discrimination against the Irish .If the man actually said it he should explain himself and action taken.But I suspect this to be another figment of someone's fertile imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 janeyjane

Damsel in disterss here:o
    Am doing test this day 2 weeks in Dublin:eek:
    Any help greatly appreciated:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

2qk4u wrote: »
    Has anyone done the area knowledge test for Louth/Meath recently ? Just wondering what type of questions are coming up ?

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Anyone done the test for Mayo would be interested to see what questions came up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

to all you nice people out there waiting to join the ranks of the many taxi drivers .
    heres how the mindless others of society see the taxi driver .
    but we wont go into their antics when they are in the back of your car and full of soup or playing with the chemistry set on a saturday night ,and then have to sit it out with the hangover in traffic on a monday morning :D while the taxi goes by in the buslane .

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055667983

poppyd wrote: »
    failed yesterday only 78% an 72% i will try again 9/9/09 but the questions are diff on each sitting is that correct ,also non national people only has to get 40% to pass .they ask about small streets you canot know all side streets a friend of mine wanted to go to a fairly common place the other day the driver had no idea where it was .

U really should be passing the first part easy enough.
    It's all just common sense. I hit 100% on that twice and 92% twice. It's the second part people are having trouble with.

passed:) horrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

just worked out they are using google maps instead of o.s. maps, there is a little bit of differance, got some new questions if anyone wants to pm me,
    cheers;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 taxi wife

Howyadoing wrote: »
    blahblah06 wrote: »
    instead of going into a new trade like taxing why dont you try harder at your current self employed job? Personally if I was in your position id keep the 5k plus in my pocket[

My game is dead. but I'm not going to go into this head
    First. I plan on renting for at least 6months first to see if
    I'm cut out for it. So if anyone has a good rental deal for me
    Let me know!!!!!;-)

Lord love you in your naiveté, but you will learn quickly what a pile of poo driving a taxi really is.
    If I was you I would buy a van and go into house removals or something.
    The taxi game is on its knees at the mo and only going further down.
    Don’t get dragged down with it

taxi wife wrote: »
    Howyadoing wrote: »

Lord love you in your naiveté, but you will learn quickly what a pile of poo driving a taxi really is.
    If I was you I would buy a van and go into house removals or something.
    The taxi game is on its knees at the mo and only going further down.
    Don’t get dragged down with it

What are you doing on boards 'lisa';)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 reducepain

Iam very surprised with this new ratio of 100 for 1 passrate. Iam taking one on 10th sept in dublin, would anyone give me tips. ..thanks in advance.
    regards,
    Nat

Advertisement