Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSV test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

mark2000ie wrote: »
    Is that complete refit a good job?

Yep well worth it.
    blahblah06 wrote: »
    Panel you heading out tonight

Yep i'm 7 nights a week, you heading out Peugeout 407?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I went out was your night as bad as mine?

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I went out was your night as bad as mine?

Wasnt too bad, some muppets had it in for me the second they stepped in the car, complaining that were all robbing scumbags for a journey that the meter traveled up by 2.45, but my last passanger put me in better form, like i said ya gotta be tough skinned for this game. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

/whats a good night during the week? or an average one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

Canarygold wrote: »
    /whats a good night during the week? or an average one

Dont think you will get an answer to that question on here Canarygold !!!!!:)

• Advertisement

personally dont do nights so cant answer that from wha ive heard anything over 100 is a good night 150 great night

A good nite driving a taxi is where ya get a 1 fare for 6 hours work.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    A good nite driving a taxi is where ya get a 1 fare for 6 hours work.

Whats a bad night then Volvoboy ?

when the fare only lasts for 3 of those hours, heh heh

when are you doing the test Mark

• Advertisement

It is tough out there no matter what,

mark2000ie, your gonna find it tough compared to the good auld days of the late 90's, but no matter what any taxi driver says to you no matter how much people tell ya how bad it is (and it is) the only way your going to find out how things are is untill ya go out for yourself and find out the hard way.

A friend of mine is going to do it now as he has been given his 4-week notice from his job, i took a hour off on sat nite and showed him town and he couldnt belive his eyes, but still he wants to make a go at it, as theres no jobs going in what he wants to do, i think most new taxi drivers coming on stream are going into the game not for want but need.

I think you got it spot on there volvo, its not about wanting to its about having to now,

Canarygold wrote: »
    when are you doing the test Mark

Next Wed Canarygold

mark2000ie wrote: »
    Next Wed Canarygold

What about you Canarygold, when you doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

Hey mark. I sent that stuff to u Thursday morning if u don't get it by Monday let me know. I have more copies and will be up around ur area on Monday.

Hey volvoboy. Let us know how ur mate gets on
    with the test. Mind u it should be easy enough now that
    the psv training centre has about 500 of the test questions.

Howyadoing wrote: »
    Hey mark. I sent that stuff to u Thursday morning if u don't get it by Monday let me know. I have more copies and will be up around ur area on Monday.

Cheers Martin, I appreciate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyd

i was hoping to get to get some of the questions on spsv i sat the test last week not sure where i went wrong i think i am ok on the streets and hotels i got a lot of info on this after i sat the exame i was lost names on the streets in waterford i was told diff names . I am not sure on the other stuff they dont give much info on where i went wrong if anyone can help

which part did you fail

wed week mark, let me know if you get anything else as I will of course.;):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

Its quite amuseing to see people on here asking each other for the answers to test questions..
    The whole idea of the test is that the person sitting the exam has the required knowledge of various streets in order that he or she is a compendent taxi driver .By simply asking someone for the answers defeats that purpose .

ye oisin and these are the customers giving out that taxi drivers are using sat navs yet there cheating for the test themselves lol.

going to be mad when all the customers that look for cabs are going to be driving them lol

surely the posting of questions helps as i did not see any answers, so it makes you research. As they say you learn something new every day, hey oisin your not Kathleens son are you.

It's not the answers people are looking for it's the questions.
    So they still have to go and learn the answers.
    Also when u did ur test it was 12€ a go the new one
    is 85€ that's a big jump. Also the license fee is now €250.
    So far it's cost me €920. And Im still about 4 weeks away from
    getting on the road.:eek:

It's not the answers people are looking for it's the questions.
    So they still have to go and learn the answers.
    Also when u did ur test it was 12€ a go the new one
    is 85€ that's a big jump. Also the license fee is now €250.
    So far it's cost me €920. And Im still about 4 weeks away from
    getting on the road.:eek:

How long has it taken you so far?

Volvoboy wrote: »
    How long has it taken you so far?

It's taken me about 2 months so far. It will be another month before I get driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

It's taken me about 2 months so far. It will be another month before I get driving.

I'll say this to you ,and i mean it sincerely ,,If you have a job at the moment stick with it or if you are on the dole stay on it until you get something better ...Going into the taxi business will destroy you .If you do go ahead you will not be able to claim the dole IF you then try and get out of the taxi business...
    If i were you i wouldnt bother getting in to it ,mark my words it will be the worse thing you ever did and a waste of whatever money you have ..

oisindoyle wrote: »
    I'll say this to you ,and i mean it sincerely ,,If you have a job at the moment stick with it or if you are on the dole stay on it until you get something better ...Going into the taxi business will destroy you .If you do go ahead you will not be able to claim the dole IF you then try and get out of the taxi business...
    If i were you i wouldnt bother getting in to it ,mark my words it will be the worse thing you ever did and a waste of whatever money you have ..

Well i've not worked for 4 months, I can't get the dole because
    I was self-employed. And if I don't get out of the house I think I
    might kill someone.

I agree oisin . My father got me into the game. I am glad i moved over to the taxi business but now after 2.5 years I have hit a brick wall. It gets so repetive and depressing. Ive stopped working the weekends because I never got to see my partner and when I did i snapped over stupid things.

ps howya you will regreat giving anyone help with the questions in a few months or weeks trust me when you get out on that road lol. i cant wait till u do get out and honestly tell us how u get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Dai John

Thought you might be interested in this; new firm in Tipperary( not good at English ) but will Dublin Airport for 100 Euros (110 Miles ) Shannon (43 miles) for 50 euro and Cork Airport for 70e (approx 60 miles)..Anyone in a hurry to compete with that ? Better on the dole.No truck driving jobs now the end is nigh for taxis, thank you E.E.C.

Advertisement