Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSV test

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

Howyadoing wrote: »
    Pass :):):):)

Congrats well done, about time. Will you pm me what u got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

well done howya be sure to let us know how u feel about the taxi industry when u get out there to show were not all talking ****

blahblah06 wrote: »
    well done howya be sure to let us know how u feel about the taxi industry when u get out there to show were not all talking ****

Maybe there wont be as many people in the industry if the regulator ever makes it compulsory for all drivers to pass the new knowledge test that Howya has just passed. Plus with the new identification system you wont have people doing it for other people as so many have done in the old test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nedthered

well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

done the test today, failed. just went through the questions and can only find 4 wrong, something going on or what. not cribbing but with everyone saying they are failing it makes you wonder. By the way, well done HOWAYA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Canarygold

by the way where is dunsink observatory, maps say castleknock so mayby i got 5 wrong

Canarygold wrote: »
    by the way where is dunsink observatory, maps say castleknock so mayby i got 5 wrong

Yep it is Castleknock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

mark2000ie wrote: »
    Yep it is Castleknock

While I know this is technically correct, I would never describe it as being in Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

info91, also passed today.
    well done.;);)

well done info91, hopefully I will join you both on 19th Aug :)

• Advertisement

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    While I know this is technically correct, I would never describe it as being in Castleknock.

Where would you describe it as being?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 goodimpra

Pass :):):):)

good man

Dunsink Lane,
    Castleknock,
    Dublin 15,
    Ireland. that's the address. but to be honest so far i thought it belongs to finglas area

goodimpra wrote: »
    good man

When are you doing it goodimpra?

now i think about my holidays, but when i come back i will sit it again. it will be in the middle of September i believe. i haven't checked yet free days on prometric site.

Where would you describe it as being?

I would probably of classed it as Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Taxipete29 wrote: »
    I would probably of classed it as Finglas.

As would i.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Howyadoing

Thanks lads,

is there any taxi drivers out there that would
    give me some proper advice on taxi driving.
    I would like to know what u think about renting
    a full taxi or spending 10 or 12 grand on a second
    hand car and plate. I have been out of work for about
    4 months now getting nothing of social and down to bones
    of my savings. I would have to borrow about €10000
    to buy something and don't fancy getting any more loans
    as i have one at the minute. Any advice wood be very
    well appreciated.
    Martin:
    also advice about working airport.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    As would i.

Just aswell you two experienced taxi drivers were not sitting this new test then, that would have been one wrong for both of you and that was one of the easier tricky ones :)

Just aswell you two experienced taxi drivers were not sitting this new test then, that would have been one wrong for both of you and that was one of the easier tricky ones :)

Well what were the harder ones??

• Advertisement

Thanks lads,

is there any taxi drivers out there that would
    give me some proper advice on taxi driving.
    I would like to know what u think about renting
    a full taxi or spending 10 or 12 grand on a second
    hand car and plate. I have been out of work for about
    4 months now getting nothing of social and down to bones
    of my savings. I would have to borrow about €10000
    to buy something and don't fancy getting any more loans
    as i have one at the minute. Any advice wood be very
    well appreciated.
    Martin:
    also advice about working airport.

You'd be doing well to get finance on a car, start off by renting basic for a week costs €120 ex ins.

Ya have to be wide to all types who get in the car, ya pick up 4 ''lads'' in a dodgy area ya have to be tough skinned. In my few years driving a taxi i've had pikeys punch the living day lights outa each another. People getting sick, spilling drink, verbal abuse, some physical abuse, girls pissing in the back of the car, i also know a fella who has had 3 incidents of people taking a **** on the back seat, women are ALWAYS the worst customers. People doing lines of coke in broad daylight, you also have to have a heart made of stone.

One important factor to remember is ya have to know somones story before even attemping to pull in, i remember one night at about 4.30am i was passing the airport roundabout and there was 3 lads at the side of the road hailing a taxi you got to take into fact that they:

Have been kicked out of a taxi, because there's no way they'd hail a taxi there if they've just come out of a pub as they've been closed 3 hours previous, and there's no way they've come from the airport WITH NO BAGS and beside at anygiven time there's 200 taxi's in the Kesh.

And the Kesh another beaut, i've never worked the Kesh but i can tell you that for €400 a year they give ya the privelage to wait upto 2 1/2 hours for a fare, that could be worth €10?

And ya got to be a good actor too, ya dont act the same way in front of a elderly couple as ya would a druggie.

Also beware of high-class whores, these are weapons a friend of mine dropped 2 from Raheny to Ashbourne and when they didnt like the price on the meter they went to strangle him with a pair of tights.

Some of this is second nature to me now but hopefully it will put ya wide to some facts i had to learn the hard way.

Best of luck!

You'd be doing well to get finance on a car, start off by renting basic for a week costs €120 ex ins.

Ya have to be wide to all types who get in the car, ya pick up 4 ''lads'' in a dodgy area ya have to be tough skinned. In my few years driving a taxi i've had pikeys punch the living day lights outa each another. People getting sick, spilling drink, verbal abuse, some physical abuse, girls pissing in the back of the car, i also know a fella who has had 3 incidents of people taking a **** on the back seat, women are ALWAYS the worst customers. People doing lines of coke in broad daylight, you also have to have a heart made of stone.

One important factor to remember is ya have to know somones story before even attemping to pull in, i remember one night at about 4.30am i was passing the airport roundabout and there was 3 lads at the side of the road hailing a taxi you got to take into fact that they:

Have been kicked out of a taxi, because there's no way they'd hail a taxi there if they've just come out of a pub as they've been closed 3 hours previous, and there's no way they've come from the airport WITH NO BAGS and beside at anygiven time there's 200 taxi's in the Kesh.

And the Kesh another beaut, i've never worked the Kesh but i can tell you that for €400 a year they give ya the privelage to wait upto 2 1/2 hours for a fare, that could be worth €10?

And ya got to be a good actor too, ya dont act the same way in front of a elderly couple as ya would a druggie.

Also beware of high-class whores, these are weapons a friend of mine dropped 2 from Raheny to Ashbourne and when they didnt like the price on the meter they went to strangle him with a pair of tights.

Some of this is second nature to me now but hopefully it will put ya wide to some facts i had to learn the hard way.

Best of luck!

Are you looking for a new line of work Volvoboy or are you happy with what you are doing?:)
    Would it be fair in saying you would go months without any of the above incidents happening to you? especially when your "wide to all types who get in the car"

Are you looking for a new line of work Volvoboy or are you happy with what you are doing?:)
    Would it be fair in saying you would go months without any of the above incidents happening to you? especially when your "wide to all types who get in the car"

No i'm happy with my job only thing that gets to me when i'm waiting for 2 hours for my 1st job of the nite and i can scrape by.

Last week;
    H
    ad a fella spill curry sause all over my back seats

A extremly abusive woman who informed i was a ****, scumbag, prick and knocked one of the airels off the boot of the car.

And a traveler woman coverd in blood after her fella was beating her trying to hailed me, he seen pulled over and tryed to pull me out of the car.

No i'm happy with my job only thing that gets to me when i'm waiting for 2 hours for my 1st job of the nite and i can scrape by.

Last week;
    H
    ad a fella spill curry sause all over my back seats

A extremly abusive woman who informed i was a ****, scumbag, prick and knocked one of the airels off the boot of the car.

And a traveler woman coverd in blood after her fella was beating her trying to hailed me, he seen pulled over and tryed to pull me out of the car.
    Are you sitting in your car now on your lap top waiting for your first job?

"Had a fella spill curry sause all over my back seats" why you let someone eat in the back of your car?

Are you sitting in your car now on your lap top waiting for your first job?

"Had a fella spill curry sause all over my back seats" why you let someone eat in the back of your car?

It was in a bag but he was spannerd drunk and left if on the back seats, thats another thing invest in leather seat covers, €50 for cheepy jobs or €400 for a complete refit from CUC on ushers island.

It was in a bag but he was spannerd drunk and left if on the back seats, thats another thing invest in leather seat covers, €50 for cheepy jobs or €400 for a complete refit from CUC on ushers island.

Is that complete refit a good job?

mark you will find out for yourself that you will never know whats around the corner

Panel you heading out tonight

Is that complete refit a good job?

i seen a fitting in a skoda today and i have to say I was not impressed

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote: »
    mark you will find out for yourself that you will never know whats around the corner
    I know blahblah I did it from 1995 - 2000

Advertisement