Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Why not give it a shot? Get a 10am bus and arrive at 2.25pm. Meet some interesting people and enjoy the food and drinks. I'm sure someone can suggest somewhere to stay for the night? Can't offer myself cause am living with my mother and our visiting foreign students :rolleyes:
    Well, you and electro~bitch could meet for coffee, wherever you choose in Cork and see that your equally not crazed loons and decide that you two could take us on in Dublin. The more the merrier!! There must be a plan :) If you don't know anyone in Dublin whom you could stay with then I'm sure we could figure something out. Unless you both turn out to be maniacs :D Plus, seeing as you'd both have to travel further we'd owe you some drinks ;)

This is sounding so terribly, terribly tempting, I really can't though, serious money issues (well just the one, I have no money. I mean that very literally, unemployment and being banned from the dole will do that to you :(), maybe the next one though, after the government starts giving me money again :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is sounding so terribly, terribly tempting, I really can't though, serious money issues (well just the one, I have no money. I mean that very literally, unemployment and being banned from the dole will do that to you :(), maybe the next one though, after the government starts giving me money again :D

I could buy you a drink or some govindas?? And you can bring the other corkian for company on the bus, oh so tempting? hehe

I've accompaned many a shy person on the train or bus or meeting them before hand(some thought I was a girl until they met me :D), it helps to have comapny if you both go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I just realised it's on the 25th, the day of my cousin's wedding. Just when i started considering it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Oh gawd, I wouldn't touch that with a pole. Tesco malibu, jesus!

You would when it's 9 pounds a litre!

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I just realised it's on the 25th, the day of my cousin's wedding. Just when i started considering it:(
    I could buy you a drink or some govindas?? And you can bring the other corkian for company on the bus, oh so tempting? hehe

I've accompaned many a shy person on the train or bus or meeting them before hand(some thought I was a girl until they met me :D), it helps to have comapny if you both go anyway.

Blocks, if it's the 25th I deffo can't I'll be in Kerry scabbing off rich relatives :(
    I promise I'll go to the next one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Aw well! Next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Oohr, If someone organised a bus from cork it would be fantastic. I was in dublin recently for the first time in a while and went to govinda's for the first time ever. Grand laugh it was

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well if you are not happy coming up on your own, you censorsh!t and electro~bitch could try and get the same bus for the next one. Oh well, they can't go but I tried my temptingly best

Ah, maybe I'll go on my own anyway, it would be a nice experience, to travel all the way to dublin to meet some almost-strangers. I'll go look at the thread.

raah! wrote: »
    Ah, maybe I'll go on my own anyway, it would be a nice experience, to travel all the way to dublin to meet some almost-strangers. I'll go look at the thread.

Ah cool, You'll wish I was a strager soon enough. :pac:
    At leasst I won't be the only one going so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ohhhh! come along!

I just accidentally killed a fly and now I feel bad :( I didn't think I'd hit it!

Heh, I've only recently gained the control to not deliberately murder the buzzing ****s. I've rarely felt as much hatred for anything else as I have for a buzzing fly in my room at night.

Mishaps like that though, happen quite often when I'm trying to save a spider by putting him outside, and he crawls on my hand, and I get a fright and drop him to his death....

I always swat at them, but I never think I'll actually hit them. I always feel terrible whenever I do (I'm such a hippie at heart)

Ah, I'm not bothered by my little friends. They are so cool! Frequently it is my duty to remove them from a room to save the day. I think it's funny to pick up a spider a few millimetres big and they think I'm a hero. :pac:

Unfortunate about the fly, I am always quite careful with little things, but I'm sure everybody kills them by accident.

While we're killing things by accident, on some site , one of those random fact clicky ones, it says the average person eats up to 8 spiders in their sleep.

I can't imagine there's any basis for this... how would they conduct a study?

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.asp
    http://www.eightspiders.com/2008/08/why-eight-spiders.html
    Who knows? :pac:
    Anyway, i think it's just a myth.

Anyway, there is s small possibility you will eat a bug while you sleep, or even awake, it's why I wear a mask at all times.

Good stuff, here's another question... one which perhaps I should be embarassed about. But anyway, I made a facebook page at the insistence of my foreign friends, to keep in contact, and I'm not much good with computers etc, apart from wasting my life on them playing games, but I never gained much literacy etc

Anyway, how do you put a video on your facebook page? I have the embed code, but when I type it in it just Gives
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRQ2WwiMndY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TRQ2WwiMndY&hl=en&fs=1&&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't think facebook allows the <embed> tags directly so you have to get a HTML plug in, I'll have a look.

Here is an easy way, you want that weird muscy youtube video on your profile, you can search in facebook search for 'youtube app'. Pick one like youtube box and then it will show up on your profile

• Advertisement

Oooh, no need I'll download an application or something maybe, I realise it was a bit silly to ask here. I was delerious with a desire to post this song on there and show everyone how totally cool I am.

This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQ2WwiMndY&feature=PlayList&p=082A984454867AB8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

They use stone xialaphones. I know that's not the spelling. For relevence I know that that jonsi fellow is a vegetarian.

Oooh, no need I'll download an application or something maybe, I realise it was a bit silly to ask here. I was delerious with a desire to post this song on there and show everyone how totally cool I am.

This is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQ2WwiMndY&feature=PlayList&p=082A984454867AB8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=2

They use stone xialaphones. I know that's not the spelling. For relevence I know that that jonsi fellow is a vegetarian.
    Yes, the application i mention will work with your embed code. :)

No problem asking anything here.

I was able to post a link in the end anyway. G'night 'tarians!.

Night vege'tar'ian, yes you are all in my power. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

'lo lads and ladies...

anyone here want to design some bagstuffers for me?

/unmotivated

Bagstuffers? Is this wimmin talk? I'm the only one around hiho

nah, not wimmin talk, just tiny cards that'll likely get stuffed in peoples' bags... wallet sorta sized cards.

bah, my computer doesnt have anything i can really use for it (ie, publisher, fonts) and we've volunteers in today, so no getting at the computer in there either.

still... maybe if we dont advertise,t hen i wont have to do my workshop...

You mean you want to make wallet sized cards in photoshop or something?
    I know all about...

...not being able to do that.

ha, more like wordart stuff really... i cant use and dont have photoshop. ms paint and word are all this computer has, and the other one has publisher which is just nice for making things of unusual sizes.

meanwhile... got new jewellery for my septum and i just smell rubber all the time now :(

• Advertisement

I've jus thad this done:
    http://www.ramblingroses.net/Septum.JPG
    Feel your pain!

How long does the smell last, is it easy to get an infection there? Dunno anything about piercings, that's more my brothers topic with their bling. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement