Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Las Vegas Desert Classic Thread!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hooters88

Devastator wrote: »
    :confused: any see the US Open? Anytime a yank hit the ball they went friggin nuts! Then you watch this and they're gettin on like its a game of chess :confused:

People aren't allowed to be dead noisy during the games, security go round tellin ya to shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

hooters88 wrote: »
    People aren't allowed to be dead noisy during the games, security go round tellin ya to shut up!

It should be more like the premier league were the fans go crazy sing during the games it doesnt put the players off then so why does it during other events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No darts tournament should be the like the crowd at the premier league.

paulcorr wrote: »
    It should be more like the premier league were the fans go crazy sing during the games it doesnt put the players off then so why does it during other events.

I know yea it's weird isn't it. It's still a good atmosphere but just different! Hard to keep quiet when they're throwing though after a few beers! ;)

No darts tournament should be the like the crowd at the premier league.

WHY NOT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The nonsensical roarings from the crowd, jeering of players as they go to take their throw/ during their throw. Fights breaking out in the crowds. Hundreds there to get pissed up act the bollox as much as possible and have no interest in the darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Darts tournaments can only go 2 ways, dead quiet, where the slightest noise is a disturbance to the players

or rowdy, where very little can get to the players because its just a sea of noise behind you

End of the day, i'd prefer the sea of noise

Darts tournaments can only go 2 ways, dead quiet, where the slightest noise is a disturbance to the players

or rowdy, where very little can get to the players because its just a sea of noise behind you

End of the day, i'd prefer the sea of noise[/quote

The best darts to watch are the ones where the crowds are going wild singing the players names .Theres ony 1 phil taylor,barney army ,mardle whipping up the crowd, manley been booed and he loves that. if we go to the extrems of playing in front of crowds affraid to open there mouths for fear of been thrown out people will soon stop going to watch darts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Well thats what i was saying

taylor and wade both got put off by the clicking of a jug with ice hitting a glass

Wade saw the funny side, taylor didnt, 2 seperate incidents

wouldnt have happened at the premier league

Well thats what i was saying

taylor and wade both got put off by the clicking of a jug with ice hitting a glass

Wade saw the funny side, taylor didnt, 2 seperate incidents

wouldnt have happened at the premier league[/quote

Why dont we start a tread see what people think noise or no noise at darts mathces.

• Advertisement

Could yas hear people whistling as Barney was about to throw during the final? They were sat near us, I was well annoyed!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I don't know what Barney was at last night but for once I was glad he was beaten because his attitude was terrible. I know he has been suffering from a bit of depression and he has lost all of his confidence but it's still no excuse to throw your darts away when only 2 legs behind. He got the game back when he started throwing again so he could easily have won it. He needs to have a serious think and sort his head out because you are not going to win by doing things like that. The speach was very strange as well.

As for darts crowds, I agree that the Premier League crowds are far too noisy and aren't interested in the darts. The Vegas crowd are a little too queit though. The best crowd is at the World Matchply, loads of atmosphere but great respect when the players are throwing. My favourite tournament and really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

you have to have the noise at a darts match thats why its got so popular lately cos its a night out, i love playing and watching darts but i wouldnt be a fan of having to sit in silence for 3 hours if that were the case i dont think the grand prix in city west would be selling out every year if it werent the night out and a laugh that it is. im done lol,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Kingp35 wrote: »

. The best crowd is at the World Matchply, loads of atmosphere but great respect when the players are throwing. My favourite tournament and really looking forward to it.

here here.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

The question is, was Barney locked??

Going from focused to disinterested, walking off stage to coming back and kissing Taylors ass?? WTF, Barney showed he can hang with Taylor, would he just cheer the hell up and start playing.

Get your ass back on the pro tour Barney, and cop on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Get your ass back on the pro tour Barney, and cop on

I think that's a good point, the man hasn't been on the tour at all lately. He needs to start playing all the time again to get him out of this slump. I think it's entirely based on his frame of mind, he seems very depressed. If he managed to win one of the pro tour events he would feel better about himself. He could easily have beaten Phil last night.

i don;t think he was drunk, just a little crazy!

He did manage to beat Wade though, something he hasn't been able to do in a while and constantly average over 100!!

He said himself he needs to win more, the pro tour is the place to do it, look what it has done for Osbourne and Walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

He did manage to beat Wade though, something he hasn't been able to do in a while and constantly average over 100!!

He said himself he needs to win more, the pro tour is the place to do it, look what it has done for Osbourne and Walsh

Spot on mate once again, he wanna get up off his lazy arse as he is good enough when in the mood to beat anyone, even Taylor!

His manager needs to sit him down and go back over the tape of that final

He came from 3-0 down to 5-3 and 7-5 up and had a higher average than Taylor (109 to 108) after 12 legs!

And this buddy buddy routine with Taylor has to cool off, he's gotta start resenting Taylor a little and begrudging wins rather than paying tribute!!

barney is over ten years younger than Taylor and could still cement a far better legacy for himself than he seems happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

paulcorr wrote: »

End of the day, i'd prefer the sea of noise[/quote

The best darts to watch are the ones where the crowds are going wild singing the players names .Theres ony 1 phil taylor,barney army ,mardle whipping up the crowd, manley been booed and he loves that. if we go to the extrems of playing in front of crowds affraid to open there mouths for fear of been thrown out people will soon stop going to watch darts.

everyone likes a bit of atmosphere, but what do you want to see, great darts or a rowdy crowd?

• Advertisement

And this buddy buddy routine with Taylor has to cool off, he's gotta start resenting Taylor a little and begrudging wins rather than paying tribute!!

barney is over ten years younger than Taylor and could still cement a far better legacy for himself than he seems happy with

That's a good point and one I didn't think of. This Taylor arse kissing can;t be good for Barney's mentality. He seems to accept his defeat because Taylor is the best ever. Instead he needs to find a ruthless streak, start thinking that he is the best and not accept these defeats so gracefully. I don't understand all the players praising Taylor, we all know he is a good player but just concentrate on your own game and beating the lad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Really don't know why people think Barney's respect for a fellow professional is the reason for his loss.

He was interviewed at beginning of tournament, when asked about his form he basically said he didn't have a clue. He said he's been arsing about with his darts/stems/flights more than ever, saying some days he's throwin well and the next he cant throw anything!

WTF? :eek: no consistency with whats in his hand will mean no consistency with what lands in the board!

He needs to go back to his old style and just keep chucking them until they work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

I cant understand why Barney and other players change there darts,flights etc.. It must be something to do with sponsorship that they change their gear.

clivebaby wrote: »
    I cant understand why Barney and other players change there darts,flights etc.. It must be something to do with sponsorship that they change their gear.

Same as harrington in the golf.WINS THREE MAJORS CHANGES HIS SWING MISSES 5 CUTS ON THE TROT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

clivebaby wrote: »

blame Taylor! :eek:

Things weren't going top game for Taylor, he changed and ultimately has seemed impossible to beat since then...so other's like Barney got a little doubt in their brain saying "What if I changed" and it has ended up working against them

Advertisement