Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Las Vegas Desert Classic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

After Mardle's performances in the last few TV tournaments, another Wild Card for his shirt would be a disgrace

Well Klaasen was pretty useless in every major he was in last year, it was his run to the Quarter Finals of the Worlds that got him his wild card pick. I'm not saying it's right because it definitely isn't but the PDC lads seem to have very short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Kingp35 wrote: »
    it was his run to the Quarter Finals of the Worlds that got him his wild card pick.

Although he was a previous world champion which had to play some part in the decision.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great performance from Manley there, the man really does love Vegas. It's great to see him playing well and smiling again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

if even 500, yeah id say they are sober enough, sher it starts there at 11am local time

Vegas serves drink 24/7 though doesn't it? Also (sorry to mention it again but in very recent memory) US Open Golf the crowds were pissed by this time and shouting and hollering "GET IN THA HOLE" like fools
    Vegas is a strange tournament. The players don't seem to bring their very best game because the matches are on so early over there and stage games are usually played at night.

Heard a player comment last night he thought few players like this tournament lightly and use it as an excuse for holiday :eek: I would hope not....especially if I was a paying punter in the crowd.
    After Mardle's performances in the last few TV tournaments, another Wild Card for his shirt would be a disgrace

After his illness theres no way they can give him another chance, he's been muck last 2 seasons. As Helio said, Klassen ex world champ and IMO gave a better account of himself than Mardle. I think if Thornton continues the form he has shown in last 8 months or improves then he's bang on guaranteed a wild card spot. Also think Mark Walsh (not the best tonight though) if he plays the way he has for last lot of months
    It's great to see him playing well and smiling again.

I never used to like Manley until I seen him in the league while back and my opinion changed that night, no matter how much abuse and shouting the crowd were giving him he kept laughing and winding the crowd up more :D

He's like a panto villian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Hope things liven up in the second round as this is slightly poor (never thought I'd say that about darts)!

Hazell is making this match enjoyable all the same!

• Advertisement

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Hope things liven up in the second round as this is slightly poor (never thought I'd say that about darts)!

Hazell is making this match enjoyable all the same!

Yeah I agree, some of the games have been very poor and tough viewing. Wade never showed up there but fair play to Hazel for making a game of it.

Lewis and VdV on now, this should be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Devastator wrote: »
    :confused: any see the US Open? Anytime a yank hit the ball they went friggin nuts! Then you watch this and they're gettin on like its a game of chess :confused:

weird race of people :D

I'd say the amount of Yanks actually in the crowd is fairly minimal tbh.... I really don't get why the PDC go to Las Vegas to get crowds of ~500.

Degag wrote: »
    I'd say the amount of Yanks actually in the crowd is fairly minimal tbh.... I really don't get why the PDC go to Las Vegas to get crowds of ~500.

£$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€ £$€£$€

according to Sid Waddel theres about 700....but then again he does exaggerate just slightly at times :eek::p

Lewis and VdV on now, this should be a good game.

Yeah this game is more like it, really enjoying this one!:D

:eek: Ah what a 164 check out to win the match, brilliant stuff!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

Great stuff from Lewis, entertaining match all n all

slightly spoiled by Sid Waddell's verbal diarrhea:D

davb wrote: »
    Great stuff from Lewis, entertaining match all n all

slightly spoiled by Sid Waddell's verbal diarrhea:D

Thank God I did not hear him!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

great finish from lewis to win

Cracking finish from Lewis when I thought he had blown it. Great game as well, definitely the most entertaining so far. I thought Darin Young was a little unlucky against Painter. A few bounce outs and the odd stray dart cost but Painter played well.

Cracking second round line-up, not a bad game in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Cracking finish from Lewis when I thought he had blown it. Great game as well, definitely the most entertaining so far. I thought Darin Young was a little unlucky against Painter. A few bounce outs and the odd stray dart cost but Painter played well.

Cracking second round line-up, not a bad game in it.

Thats for sure. **** have to go to sister in laws 40th tomorrow. Would rather miss it and watch that line up.

Sky Sports 2 6:30pm-00:30am

All 8 Round 2 Games

(Best of 15 Legs)

Andy Hamilton vs. James Wade
    Phil Taylor vs. Dennis Priestley
    Peter Manley vs. Adrian Lewis
    John Part vs. Jelle Klaasen
    Wes Newton vs. Gary Anderson
    Raymond van Barneveld vs. Co Stompe
    Terry Jenkins vs. Colin Lloyd
    Mervyn King vs. Kevin Painter.

The second round line-up really is one of the best line-ups I have seen with some really tough matches to call. I'm gonna try predict them for the laugh though. The players in Bold are the ones I think will win:

Phil Taylor vs. Dennis Priestley
    Mervyn King vs. Kevin Painter

My predictions

Phil Taylor
    vs. Dennis Priestley:(
    Mervyn King vs. Kevin Painter:eek:

Wade played well in beating Hamilton.

I'm not a Phil Taylor fan but hearing his interview I've got a bit more respect for him now!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Great darts by lewis. Think Anderson has taken his foot of the gas at moment!

• Advertisement

scunner wrote: »
    Great darts by lewis. Think Anderson has taken his foot of the gas at moment!

Super show from Lewis alright!

I thought that about Anderson aswell but thank god he got over the line, I've a a fiver on him at 10/1!;):D

Ah jesus Barney a wire away from a 9 dart finish, very unlucky!

Only a few good matches tonight, Part 8-7 Klaasen and King 8-7 Painter and apart from that Barneys near 9 darter where the only good moments!

Tomorrows line up;

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Looks like some cracking matches tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Only a few good matches tonight, Part 8-7 Klaasen and King 8-7 Painter and apart from that Barneys near 9 darter where the only good moments!

Tomorrows line up;

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

Sadly Didnt see the Part Klassen game but did see King and Painter and to be honest after seeing that can see King holding the title of the "Nearly Man"- Painter let him away with a lot that barney wont - Missed most of the matches tonight so will be watching the replays

So before the replay and going on gut instinct here are my predictions for
    Todays Matches

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

But would have to say i is hearing good things about Adrian Lewis so that game is the one i is looking forward to the most

Might just take a wee walk to the bookies

Talk soon OB1 - May the Darts be with you

My predictions;

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor
    v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

objj52 wrote: »

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

I would tend to agree, although didnt see Wade or Lewis' win last night, though from what I've read Wade played well and took his chances.

I've put Jenkin's in for my yankee bet today(along with 3 horses), he's been pretty solid over last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Part v Jenkins
    van Barneveld v King
    Taylor v Anderson
    Wade v Lewis

that has to be the strongest ever QF line up of any darts competition ever. Everyone of those is a constant high 95+ average except Anderson when he isn't interested.

For what its worth I'll got for Part, Barney, Taylor and Wade.

Devastator wrote: »
    I've put Jenkin's in for my yankee bet today(along with 3 horses), he's been pretty solid over last few days

Roll on Jenk's :D had 2 out of 3 winners on the horses(other was 2nd). Quite surprized as I've not idea about horse racing :p

• Advertisement

Thought the darts was ment to start at 7!:confused:

Not starting til 7.30 now!

Advertisement