Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Las Vegas Desert Classic Thread!

Options
  • 30-06-2009 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

So here is the line up;

PartyPoker.net Las Vegas Desert Classic - Complete Field
    PDC Top 16 Qualifiers
    Phil Taylor (seed 1)
    James Wade (2)
    Raymond van Barneveld (3)
    John Part (4)
    Terry Jenkins (5)
    Mervyn King (6)
    Adrian Lewis (7)
    Alan Tabern (8)
    Dennis Priestley
    Ronnie Baxter
    Colin Lloyd
    Wayne Mardle
    Colin Osborne
    Kevin Painter
    Andy Hamilton
    Mark Walsh

North American Order of Merit Qualifiers
    Darin Young
    Scott Burnett
    Chris White
    Bill Davis

Qualifiers
    Gary Anderson
    Louis Blundell
    Jamie Caven
    Phillip Hazel
    Jelle Klaasen
    Peter Manley
    Colin Monk
    Wes Newton
    Co Stompe
    Vincent van der Voort
    Simon Whitlock
    Peter Wright

Might have a bet on Wednesday but I don't know who to go for yet!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

Ireland and the silver tassie's very own Ben Prenters dream came to an end yesterday in the dessert classic, he was beaten in the semi final of his board on Sunday by Simon the wizard Witlock and yesterday lost to Steve Hines, well done ben for giving it a bash.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Anyone know what time the draw is at?

I can't find any info about the draw on any site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

full draw can be found here.....with live updates

http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetail/0,,10180~1708560,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

First Round - Wednesday 1st July 2009
    Wednesday July 1 (11am start, 7pm BST)
    Dennis Priestley v Colin Monk
    Alan Tabern v Wes Newton
    Colin Lloyd v Peter Wright
    Ronnie Baxter v Jelle Klaasen
    Terry Jenkins v Simon Whitlock
    Phil Taylor v Jamie Caven
    Wayne Mardle v Gary Anderson
    John Part v Scott Burnett

First Round - Thursday 2nd July 2009
    Thursday July 2 (11am start, 7pm BST)

Mervyn King v Louis Blundell
    Andy Hamilton v Chris White
    Mark Walsh v Peter Manley
    Colin Osborne v Co Stompe
    Raymond van Barneveld v Bill Davis
    James Wade v Phillip Hazel
    Adrian Lewis v Vincent van der Voort
    Kevin Painter v Darin Young

Second Round - Friday 3rd July 2009
    (All best of 15 legs)
    Phil Taylor/Jamie Caven v Dennis Priestley/Colin Monk
    Alan Tabern/Wes Newton v Wayne Mardle/Gary Anderson
    John Part/Scott Burnett v Ronnie Baxter/Jelle Klaasen
    Terry Jenkins/Simon Whitlock v Colin Lloyd/Peter Wright
    James Wade/Phillip Hazel v Andy Hamilton/Chris White
    Adrian Lewis/Vincent van der Voort v Mark Walsh/Peter Manley
    Raymond van Barneveld/Bill Davis v Colin Osborne/Co Stompe
    Mervyn King/Louis Blundell v Kevin Painter/Darin Young

Quarter Finals - Saturday 4th July 2009
    (All best of 21 legs)
    Phil Taylor/Jamie Caven/Dennis Priestley/Colin Monk v Alan Tabern/Wes Newton/Wayne Mardle/Gary Anderson
    John Part/Scott Burnett/Ronnie Baxter/Jelle Klaasen v Terry Jenkins/Simon Whitlock/Colin Lloyd/Peter Wright
    James Wade/Phillip Hazel/Andy Hamilton/Chris White v Adrian Lewis/Vincent van der Voort/Mark Walsh/Peter Manley
    Raymond van Barneveld/Bill Davis/Colin Osborne/Co Stompe v Mervyn King/Louis Blundell/Kevin Painter/Darin Young

Semi-Finals - Sunday 5th July 2009
    (All best of 21 legs)
    Phil Taylor/Jamie Caven/Dennis Priestley/Colin Monk/Alan Tabern/Wes Newton/Wayne Mardle/Gary Anderson v John Part/Scott Burnett/Ronnie Baxter/Jelle Klaasen/Terry Jenkins/Simon Whitlock/Colin Lloyd/Peter Wright

James Wade/Phillip Hazel/Andy Hamilton/Chris White/Adrian Lewis/Vincent van der Voort/Mark Walsh/Peter Manley v Raymond van Barneveld/Bill Davis/Colin Osborne/Co Stompe/Mervyn King/Louis Blundell/Kevin Painter/Darin Young

Final - Sunday 5th July 2009

Ah damn it I'm gonna miss this tonight unless I get mobile broadband before I start work at 4!:( I can always watch the replay at 1am!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Ive thrown an accumulator on

and ive done 3 bets on outright winners

Accumulator for tonight is

Dennis Priestley v Colin Monk
    Alan Tabern v Wes Newton
    Colin Lloyd v Peter Wright
    Ronnie Baxter v Jelle Klaasen
    Terry Jenkins v Simon Whitlock
    Phil Taylor v Jamie Caven
    Wayne Mardle v Gary Anderson
    John Part v Scott Burnett

and if it comes off the 5er lands me 120 quid

I also bet on outright winner to be

Ronnie Baxter 33/1
    Simon Whitlock 50/1
    Peter Wright 150/1

Bearingin in mind Whitlock has been unbeaton on the Australian Circuit this year
    Baxter just won the Players Championship in Vegas beating Taylor (something more other Players championship winners cant say)
    and Peter Wright Qualified for vegas through the qualifying round there 2 days ago and got to the semi final of the players championship

I think they are fun be solid bets

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Hi Lads,

anyone watching tonight on justintv when the part game stalled?

I switched to http://www.fromsport.com/
    who are also showing all the games live. The quality is much better although if your using your tv as a monitor you wont get widescreen.
    Funny thing is they are getting it from justintv.

I was watching on sly sports on my tv in widescreen.....pretty sure thats better quality than any website you found.

Think Anderson played very well, he seemed to get bit pissed off with Mardle. Mardle really seemed to slow down and take his time when retrieving his darts when he was throwing bad.

Typical Mardle though, throws a 180, goes off waving to the crowd....and then looses 3(or 4?) legs in a row!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Devastator wrote: »
    I was watching on sly sports on my tv in widescreen.....pretty sure thats better quality than any website you found.

Think Anderson played very well, he seemed to get bit pissed off with Mardle. Mardle really seemed to slow down and take his time when retrieving his darts when he was throwing bad.

Typical Mardle though, throws a 180, goes off waving to the crowd....and then looses 3(or 4?) legs in a row!

I didnt think anderson played well at all. He started off 25 followed by 26 only for his finishing any one other than mardle would of beaten him on the night. But one good thing he can only get better .

paulcorr wrote: »
    I didnt think anderson played well at all. He started off 25 followed by 26 only for his finishing any one other than mardle would of beaten him on the night. But one good thing he can only get better .

He had a 96 avg going into the last leg....that would beat a lot of players, especially with 6 out of 7 on the doubles

but dont you need to subscribe to watch sky (i assume you mean sky and not "sly" sports)?
    I was posting about free to view sites

I'm not reading any posts until I watch the repeat at 1am!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'm not reading any posts until I watch the repeat at 1am!

enjoy. some good games.

He had a 96 avg going into the last leg....that would beat a lot of players, especially with 6 out of 7 on the doubles

Thats what im saying 6 out of 7 doubles but other than that not at his best he even said so himself afterwards.

greened wrote: »
    but dont you need to subscribe to watch sky (i assume you mean sky and not "sly" sports)?
    I was posting about free to view sites

don't necessarily need to subscribe :eek::P .... I call them sly :D
    Thats what im saying 6 out of 7 doubles but other than that not at his best he even said so himself afterwards.

didn't he have a leg with 180,140,140 and finish it off in 12 darts......wish I could play that badly :D bit inconsistant, but he gave up in 1 or 2 legs. He's only been in PDC matter of months, the more practice and games he gets on the bih stage and he could really make some waves towards end of the year or next year

don't necessarily need to subscribe :eek::P .... I call them sly :D

didn't he have a leg with 180,140,140 and finish it off in 12 darts......wish I could play that badly :D bit inconsistant, but he gave up in 1 or 2 legs. He's only been in PDC matter of months, the more practice and games he gets on the bih stage and he could really make some waves towards end of the year or next year

YEAH I SAID THAT EARLIER THE GOOD THING IS HE CAN ONLY GET BETTER

YEAH I SAID THAT EARLIER THE GOOD THING IS HE CAN ONLY GET BETTER

ohhhhhhh CAPSLOCK, you getting emotional about this or something?

ohhhhhhh CAPSLOCK, you getting emotional about this or something?
    No i didnt realise i had done it as i wasnt looking at the screen was to lazy to erase and start again. And me get emotional over darts never been know to happen;);););)

• Advertisement

Great order from the crowd but I just find this event a slightly bit boring! Maybe it's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Great order from the crowd but I just find this event a slightly bit boring! Maybe it's just me!

same here, just no atmosphere. great darts but there something about it

Double Top wrote: »

:confused: any see the US Open? Anytime a yank hit the ball they went friggin nuts! Then you watch this and they're gettin on like its a game of chess :confused:

weird race of people :D

Double Top wrote: »

I hate when crowds are really noisy but if this was the norm in every TV event people would not bother watching apart from us real darts fans!

:confused: any see the US Open? Anytime a yank hit the ball they went friggin nuts! Then you watch this and they're gettin on like its a game of chess :confused:

weird race of people :D

How many people are are it the crowd? Probably about 500 and I'd say most of them are quite sober and are proper darts fans.

Caven played great tonight with an average of 101.50 and still lost to Taylor who only averaged about 99 which is bad on his standards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

How many people are are it the crowd? Probably about 500 and I'd say most of them are quite sober and are proper darts fans.

if even 500, yeah id say they are sober enough, sher it starts there at 11am local time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

Thursday July 2 (11am start, 7pm BST)
    Mervyn King v Louis Blundell
    Andy Hamilton v Chris White
    Mark Walsh v Peter Manley
    Colin Osborne v Co Stompe
    Raymond van Barneveld v Bill Davis
    James Wade v Phillip Hazel
    Adrian Lewis v Vincent van der Voort
    Kevin Painter v Darin Young

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Vegas is a strange tournament. The players don't seem to bring their very best game because the matches are on so early over there and stage games are usually played at night.

The crowd are also VERY queit which does take away from the viewing experience a bit. I'm not a fan of the Premier League crowds because can be too noisy but somewhere in bewteen is best.

I thought Jamie Caven was excellent, he has a big future if he can keep improving. Klaasen played well although Baxter never showed up. Anderson was excellent one leg and poor the other. Taylor and Jenkins were the stand out players, everyone else was average.

Hopefully tonight gives us some better matches because none went the distance last night. Hopefully Stompe and Osbourne, two players who have been playing very well on the tour, can give us a good match later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

After Mardle's performances in the last few TV tournaments, another Wild Card for his shirt would be a disgrace

Advertisement