Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Las Vegas Desert Classic Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

from pdc website
    THE start of the quarter-finals at the PartyPoker.net Las Vegas Desert Classic have been delayed.

Due to television technical problems, play is now expected to commence at 11.30am local time (7.30pm BST).

Further updates will be issued once available.

means I can get me dinner made before it starts :D

great game there, Part's finishing was top class!

Jenk's looked finished after about 6 or 7 legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Bet f*cked after the first match, I only lost €10 but won €30 on the horses! So not too bad!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Unlucky Rat but I'd always fancy Part over Jenks in any major, much cooler under pressure, and while he's not a scoring monster he's a great counter and very rarely misses anything that doesn't require 2 trebles.

p.s. Kings bubble has burst, embarrasing for him tonight.

padr81 wrote: »
    Unlucky Rat but I'd always fancy Part over Jenks in any major, much cooler under pressure, and while he's not a scoring monster he's a great counter and very rarely misses anything that doesn't require 2 trebles.

You're spot on there Padr but over the last few days I thought Jenkins was playing a bit better than Part! Ah well you win and you lose some! My only bet now remaining now is Anderson to win outright, I might aswell throw away me betting slip!;):(:D

• Advertisement

p.s. Kings bubble has burst, embarrasing for him tonight.

Shocking display from King alright, Barney playing alright but not great!

C'mon Gary Anderson keep that form going!;)

F€ck you Taylor!:mad:

Taylor looks nervy to me but Anderson looks worse. good game though. Taylor will edge it imho to keep my prediction running.

Ah game over, feck you Taylor once again!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Someone in the audience had a a placard with "I'm called Rat" on it, sorry pal there is only one Rat around here!:D

saw that too, apparently its a popular name for a darts fan.

saw that too, apparently its a popular name for a darts fan.

Darts fan and player to be precise!;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

objj52 wrote: »
    Sadly Didnt see the Part Klassen game but did see King and Painter and to be honest after seeing that can see King holding the title of the "Nearly Man"- Painter let him away with a lot that barney wont -
    ]

Not bad three Out of four on the prediction but to be honest didnt expect King to be impressive but not that bad

Taylor aint gonna win this unless he pulls the finger out - Part looking impressive and if he keeps the scores up he should push through

Wade and Barney will be a cracker hopefully - Wade was kinda pissed at something tonight didnt see Lewis do much , maybe a bit slow taking darts from the board at times but thats it

Part and wade final is what i wanna see but to be honest its just too close to call with these four

Any thoughts

May the Darts be With you From OB1

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

When's the last time the top 4 in the world made the last 4 places in a tournament??

Just curious??

objj52 wrote: »
    Wade was kinda pissed at something tonight didnt see Lewis do much , maybe a bit slow taking darts from the board at times but thats it

and what do you base that on....apart from what sly sports presenter said? :confused: Wade said nothing to do with Lewis, infact he didnt even say he was upset :eek: He just said he learned from his experience

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Devastator wrote: »
    and what do you base that on....apart from what sly sports presenter said? :confused: Wade said nothing to do with Lewis, infact he didnt even say he was upset :eek: He just said he learned from his experience

What he actually said was" he didnt think we still played darts like that or words to that effect "which led me to think he may have been a bit pissed thats all - obviously sky sports presenter must picked up on it too
    Not really bothered he played well and and looking forward to see his next game

Might as well switch to another station as Taylor has this wrapped up already, rubbish average by the way!;):eek::eek::D

poor part, he's not at his best but hardly poor.

Wade was terrible early doors but by the point he started to improve his average he was too far behind. Barney cool and collected tonight I think he will give Taylor a game but just probably lose by a leg or two as Taylors game is too consistent at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Get in the hole!!!!! :D

Come on Barney!!!

Barney is doing my head in, giving up after going 9-7 down, terrible stuff!:( He must have money on Taylor to win!

He is after snapping out of his lethargy!

Can he do it?

A classic if ever there was one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

barney all most ruined the hole tournament .is the time of the month with him or what.

delighted to see taylor beat him .

if thats the way he is going to carry on he would be just as well pack up

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

jwshooter wrote: »
    barney all most ruined the hole tournament .is the time of the month with him or what.

Was he pissed or what the way he carried on after the match. Even taylor looked embarrassed by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah what was with the big speech, very wierd

I mean its nice and all to see one pro saying nice things about the other, but taylor did look a bit embarassed

If barney would get out of his own head he'd beat taylor no bother

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Barney is doing my head in, giving up after going 9-7 down, terrible stuff!:( He must have money on Taylor to win!
    jwshooter wrote: »

shockin the way he got on! I was delighted to see him get beat, his attitude sucked!

IF he keeps that kind of attitude towards matches I would happily see him stuffed every game and retire! No sportsmanship whatsoever :mad:

Yeah what was with the big speech, very wierd

I mean its nice and all to see one pro saying nice things about the other, but taylor did look a bit embarassed

If barney would get out of his own head he'd beat taylor no bother

for first fee seconds I thought he was gonna call time on his career and admit he was a f**kin joke for his attitude and how he reacted.....I was nearly disappointed he didn't :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

It was odd alright, and not good for the sport

A bit of grit would go a long way, pity King seems to have hit a plateau

Advertisement