Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012, what's it all about?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

Undergod wrote: »
    But that's not the same thing. One naturally ocurring radio frequency among many other frequencies is not "the frequency of the earth".

To make an analogy or several:
    There is phosphorus in my body. Phosphorus vibrates at X Hz at body temperature. The frequency of my body is X.

My hair is brown, so it reflects light at frequency X. X is the frequency of my hair.

I scrape a knife along a tin can. One of the (many) resulting sounds is at X Hz. X is the frequency of the knife, or the tin can.

I like your thinking.How tall are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I don't see how that's relevant. For the purposes of argument, let's say 5'8".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,227 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I've read many many pages on the thinking behind why it will increase.But i don't think you will believe in such things.
    Unless it's backed up by actual science and verifiable evidence then I doubt I'll believe it.

What about the other questions?

I don't see how that's relevant. For the purposes of argument, let's say 5'8".
    Ok your 5 foot 8. Whats the widht of the planet?
    If you have a certain frequencies don;t you think you will also be able to pick up the same frequency?

King Mob wrote: »
    Unless it's backed up by actual science and verifiable evidence then I doubt I'll believe it.

What about the other questions?
    Define actual science? What other questions?

• Advertisement

Ok your 5 foot 8. Whats the widht of the planet?
    If you have a certain frequencies don;t you think you will also be able to pick up the same frequency?

The planet's diameter is about 12,750 km.

What do you mean to "have" certain frequencies? Having a phyiscal measurement is not the same as having a frequency. "Frequency" is literally, how often something happens in a certain amount of time. I'm not 5'8" per second.

What are you on about?

Define actual science? What other questions?

A process that uses the scientific method.

How would a radio frequency especially one this low effect anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

How what works exactly?

Not quite true. Matter can be converted to an amount of energy (specifically the mass divided by the speed of light squared.). They are not the same thing.

E=MC^2, no you have missed the point again,
    Well energy is defined as the ability to do work.
    Work is done when a Force moves an Object,
    The ability to do work cannot vibrate.

wanna rewrite that sentence in some form of coherent manner, as as a statment it makes no sense

You may be talking about a different kind of energy (something new agey or the like) but this is not the energy that is equivalent to matter.
    what was that about Ad Homenims???

Energy - Vibration of atoms, that Energy, Back to the Point about Kelvin

Do you understand how Absolute Zero is calculated???

It's a temperature scale.
    no its something much better than that, its an Energy Scale
    So is anyone going to clarify the "frequency of the Earth" and how it relates to 2012?
    Possible Polar realignment, Solar Flares, Cos its interestin
    3 good reasons right there for ya

What do you mean to "have" certain frequencies? Having a phyiscal measurement is not the same as having a frequency. "Frequency" is literally, how often something happens in a certain amount of time. I'm not 5'8" per second.

What are you on about?

Lol you made me laugh :D
    Having a phyiscal measurement is not the same as having a frequency. I never said it was. But in a way it's true.Think large am aerials.The lower the frequency the bigger the aerials.

Glad you enjoyed.

But what has my height got to do with it?

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

Well thats an interestin point in relation to the topic being discussed, you kinda are, I'll try and dig something up that explains it a bit better, but its to do with Velocity and Spacetime in relation to an expanding universe

E=MC^2, no you have missed the point again,
    YEs matter can be converted into energy but they are not the same thing.
    Work is done when a Force moves an Object,
    And the ability to do that work is energy.
    wanna rewrite that sentence in some form of coherent manner, as as a statment it makes no sense
    Because the concept of energy vibrating is nonsense.

what was that about Ad Homenims???

Energy - Vibration of atoms, that Energy, Back to the Point about Kelvin
    No, energy = the ability to do work.
    tempurature = energy converted into mechanical motion of atoms.
    This mechanical motion are vibrations.

Seems I was wrong on this point.

However, these atomic vibrations do not give an object or substance an overall vibration or frequency.
    Do you understand how Absolute Zero is calculated???.
    Yes.
    no its something much better than that, its an Energy Scale
    It's not really. It's a measure of temperature. Energy is expressed in joules.
    Possible Polar realignment, Solar Flares, Cos its interestin
    3 good reasons right there for ya
    And how are these connected to an increase in "Earth's frequency"?

Ever read anything related to the black sun? It's a nazi occult belieft.

Because the concept of energy vibrating is nonsense.
    In your opinion, want to back that Bold Statement up with something.

Kelvin is not Temprature, its the energy of the Vibration that holds matter together

Zero K = Zero Vibration, for convienience it was graded along the Celsius scale but they are very different concepts, as are Joules/NM

the more Energy the Higher the rate of Vibration, seriously go look some of this up for yourself, its a very interestin subject

However, these atomic vibrations do not give an object or substance an overall vibration or frequency.

Everything Vibrates, but this dosent mean that everything Vibrates, astoundin use of LOGIC there Mob

lol :D

In your opinion, want to back that Bold Statement up with something.
    Not my opinion.
    Science fact.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy
    In physics, energy (from the Greek ἐνέργεια - energeia, "activity, operation", from ἐνεργός - energos, "active, working"[1]) is a scalar physical quantity that describes the amount of work that can be performed by a force, an attribute of objects and systems that is subject to a conservation law

How exactly does it vibrate?

It certainly can cause things to vibrate.
    Kelvin is not Temprature, its the energy of the Vibration that holds matter together
    Actually that vibration is the tempurature.
    It doesn't hold matter together. It does the opposite in fact.

Kelvin is a measurement of that temperature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin
    The kelvin (symbol: K) is a unit increment of temperature
    Zero K = Zero Vibration, for convienience it was graded along the Celsius scale but they are very different concepts, as are Joules/NM
    Yes that's my point.
    Kelvin is a measurement of the temperature of a substance.
    Energy is measured in Joules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joule
    It is the energy exerted by a force of one newton acting to move an object through a distance of one metre.

Energy causes the vibrations in the atoms of a substance which causes temperature. This tempurature is measured in kelvin.
    the more Energy the Higher the rate of Vibration, seriously go look some of this up for yourself, its a very interestin subject
    Yes this is true. The more energy the higher the temperature.
    It's not quite the rate of vibration that's measured though.

Everything Vibrates, but this dosent mean that everything Vibrates, astoundin use of LOGIC there Mob

No, the atoms vibrate. This does not give the substance a single overall vibration or frequency. It gives it a temperature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

In regards to the posts about lightning and Earth's naturual frequencies, can link no better a site than this one to give actual examples and better information...

http://spaceweather.com/glossary/inspire.html

^^ You can listen to what has been called the "natural sounds of planet Earth" and get a bit more scientific information from that site. If some of you remember, Watty even gave information in another thread on here on how to actually build your own receiver to listen to this stuff yourself also.
    Listening around the break of dawn as the sun rises is I find the most fascinating time as you can get to hear what's called the "Dawn Chorus".

Taken from the site itself...
    Sferics: Sferics, short for "atmospherics", are impulsive signals emitted by lightning. They sound like twigs snapping or bacon frying. Sferics are caused by lightning strokes within a thousand kilometers or so of the receiver.
    http://spaceweather.com/audio/inspire/1lowdenssfer.wav

Also, another good site is the following...

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast19jan_1.htm

Nehaxak fair play to you great site thanks

• Advertisement

In case the Nasa ones are down, here are some other live VLF links...
    First one is def working as I'm listening to it now :) It's based in Sheffield, England so not too far away. Second one is also live from the UK.

http://67.207.143.181/vlf3.m3u
    http://67.207.143.181/vlf1.m3u

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature

We are going round in circles here, I like this wiki tho, it has some cool graphic bits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature

We are going round in circles here, I like this wiki tho, it has some cool graphic bits

Not really.
    You're confusing energy with temperature.

king mob gimme a kiss will ya :D

Temperature IS Energy, the Vibrations are what give something Temperature.

I think you are missing the point of what I'm saying here.

Anyway I have to go and Fix a truck that one of My minions has Fuppin run out of diesel, tis not too far out of town so I'll be back in about 3 hours, that should give you enough time to read up on what I am saying hopefully then you will have an understanding of the Point I'm trying to elucidate

king mob gimme a kiss will ya :D

Not till you provide verifiable evidence of age, sex and medical health. :pac:

Temperature IS Energy, the Vibrations are what give something Temperature.

I think you are missing the point of what I'm saying here.

No energy causes temperature by causing the vibrations.

Energy is not the same as temperature.

Energy does not vibrate.

Not till you provide verifiable evidence of age, sex and medical health. :pac:
    lol :D brilliant.

Energy does not vibrate.

...but if it did, it'd probably be the best energy in the world

sorry, couldn't resist :o

• Advertisement

There are a hell of a lot of scientific misconceptions in this thread.

First, just because the atmosphere propagates certain frequencies of radiowaves more "willingly" than others, doesn't mean that the atmosphere has a frequency itself.

The vibrations of individual atoms in a complex system essentially cancel each other out (as they're not in harmony with each other), resulting in not net vibration of the object as a whole.

There are a few others but I'm just too lazy to clear them up, to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement