Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012, what's it all about?

Options

Comments

Thats the one.

I've no more than a passing knowledge on that specific area, so I won't comment until I know more about it. I'll do some research and get back to you.
    I was under the impression that we all vibrated at a certain frequency?

A lot of what I've read on objects (including humans) having a vibrational frequency tends to relate to newage ideas: crystals etc. I can't say that I pay such ideas any credence, to be honest, as there isn't a lot of science behind many of the concepts.

The fundamental frequency (or natural frequency) of an object is different altogether, though. A relatively simple object, such as a table or a bridge etc. (something made mostly out of the same material) has a frequency with which it tends to naturally vibrate (if energy is provided to it at suitable times; i.e. at the right frequency). I'm sure you've heard of instances where soldiers march out of step crossing bridges? They do this to avoid hitting the fundamental frequency of the bridge, thus limiting how much the bridge vibrates (otherwise the bridge may collapse under the vibration).

An analogy is to think of a swing, adding a little bit of energy at the proper instant causes the swing to gain more height. This is (analogous) the swings fundamental frequency, basically. You've to provide the push at the correct instances (i.e. at the correct frequency) to gain the maximum height. If you pushed at random intervals, there would be no (or very little) overall effect.

More complex items don't tend to have a fundamental frequency, as they're made out of too many different types of materials. The human body is made out of many many different materials, i.e. bone, and while each individual materal may have a fundamental frequency, the body as a whole doesn't (as the fundamental frequency for different materials is different).

Of course, what I'm talking about here is the fundamental frequency of an object. If you're talking about a different phenomenon than this, such as the frequency associated with "crystal energy" etc., then what I've explained doesn't apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭polishpaddy

A lot of what I've read on objects (including humans) having a vibrational frequency tends to relate to newage ideas: crystals etc. I can't say that I pay such ideas any credence, to be honest, as there isn't a lot of science behind many of the concepts.

The fundamental frequency (or natural frequency) of an object is different altogether, though. A relatively simple object, such as a table or a bridge etc. (something made mostly out of the same material) has a frequency with which it tends to naturally vibrate (if energy is provided to it at suitable times; i.e. at the right frequency). I'm sure you've heard of instances where soldiers march out of step crossing bridges? They do this to avoid hitting the fundamental frequency of the bridge, thus limiting how much the bridge vibrates (otherwise the bridge may collapse under the vibration).

An analogy is to think of a swing, adding a little bit of energy at the proper instant causes the swing to gain more height. This is (analogous) the swings fundamental frequency, basically. You've to provide the push at the correct instances (i.e. at the correct frequency) to gain the maximum height. If you pushed at random intervals, there would be no (or very little) overall effect.

More complex items don't tend to have a fundamental frequency, as they're made out of too many different types of materials. The human body is made out of many many different materials, i.e. bone, and while each individual materal may have a fundamental frequency, the body as a whole doesn't (as the fundamental frequency for different materials is different).

Of course, what I'm talking about here is the fundamental frequency of an object. If you're talking about a different phenomenon than this, such as the frequency associated with "crystal energy" etc., then what I've explained doesn't apply.

I've heard about the bridge and the soldiers march but never beleived it lol so it's true then.

As far as i understand it if i get sick my frequency lowers a few hertz. I've read this on many sites and as far as i know it is proven by conventional science.Another example would be freshly picked fruit it has higher hertz than frozen fruit in a freezer.

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythms-Brain-Gyorgy-Buzsaki/dp/0195301064/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209135434&sr=8-1

I've heard about the bridge and the soldiers march but never beleived it lol so it's true then.

Yes, it's definitely true.

You see, when you match an object's fundamental frequency, resonance occurs. So, the vibrations become more and more violent.

For example, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge is believed to have collapsed due to resonance (and the resonance occured because the strong wind rocked the bridge backwards and forwards, matching its fundamental frequency).
    As far as i understand it if i get sick my frequency lowers a few hertz. I've read this on many sites and as far as i know it is proven by conventional science.Another example would be freshly picked fruit it has higher hertz than frozen fruit in a freezer. Are we talking about the same things?

To be honest, that sounds like pseudo-science. If you maybe had a source that explained it in some detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,227 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

As far as i understand it if i get sick my frequency lowers a few hertz. I've read this on many sites and as far as i know it is proven by conventional science.Another example would be freshly picked fruit it has higher hertz than frozen fruit in a freezer. Are we talking about the same things?

No such thing has been proven by conventional science.
    There is no basis for this at all. It's plain pseudo-science nonsense.

People and fruit do not vibrate, orbit or move as a wave.
    Therefore they can't possibly have hertz or a frequency.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

everything Vibrates

Basic Physics Mob

a frozen apple is going to have a lower Frequency than one off a tree, simple as that, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was able to pin down the specific resonant frequency of human beings at some stage in the near future

• Advertisement

everything Vibrates

Basic Physics Mob

a frozen apple is going to have a lower Frequency than one off a tree, simple as that, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was able to pin down the specific resonant frequency of human beings at some stage in the near future

Well then if it's basic physics, then you can tell us the frequency (in hertz) of a freshly picked apple right?
    Of the exact difference between a fresh one and a frozen one?

As it's been pointed out humans don't have a resonant frequency because they are made of a lot of different materials.
    Basic biology.

Yes, it's definitely true.

You see, when you match an object's fundamental frequency, resonance occurs. So, the vibrations become more and more violent.

Very interesting i seen soemthing like that on a program about eartquakes i think. Nice one for the explantion.
    For example, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge is believed to have collapsed due to resonance (and the resonance occured because the strong wind rocked the bridge backwards and forwards, matching its fundamental frequency).

To be honest, that sounds like pseudo-science. If you maybe had a source that explained it in some detail?
    I'll get some tomorrow for you as it's pretty cool.

King mob you don;t have a clue about physics lol, keep googling as you go my friend !

Matter is organized by waveforms and frequencies

That isn't correct. If only it were as simple as that.

Basically, 99% of the stuff you'll read about humans having a frequency and all that is pseudo-science; fundamentally, it's rubbish.

I'd suggest leaving the more complex areas of physics out of this discussion (describing matter and particles in terms of wave functions etc.; it's an extremely complex area).

King mob you don;t have a clue about physics lol, keep googling as you go my friend !
    Wrong again. But please keep making ad homiens.

Are you talking about on the quantum level or on the Newtonian level?

Cause there is a difference.

And neither level works like how you are describing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well then how about you describe it for us if you are so sure as to How it Works Mob??

all matter is energy, all energy Vibrates,, ya know I was writing a long and detailed explanation of the points, but then I thought why bother, so I'll ask, what do you understand of the Kelvin scale???

• Advertisement

well then how about you describe it for us if you are so sure as to How it Works Mob??
    How what works exactly?
    all matter is energy,
    Not quite true. Matter can be converted to an amount of energy (specifically the mass divided by the speed of light squared.). They are not the same thing.
    all energy Vibrates,,
    Well energy is defined as the ability to do work.
    The ability to do work cannot vibrate.

You may be talking about a different kind of energy (something new agey or the like) but this is not the energy that is equivalent to matter.

ya know I was writing a long and detailed explanation of the points, but then I thought why bother,
    Please do.

so I'll ask, what do you understand of the Kelvin scale???
    It's a temperature scale.

So is anyone going to clarify the "frequency of the Earth" and how it relates to 2012?

-JammyDodger- i've a basic understanding of this area.I might generalise a bit but thats because i only know the basics.

King mob ealier you didnt even know what a wavelenght was haha.:D

King mob ealier you didnt even know what a wavelenght was haha.:D

I'm sorry where are you getting this exactly?
    I know well what a wavelength is.

So is anyone going to clarify the "frequency of the Earth" and how it relates to 2012?
    Earth atmostphere vibrates at 7.83 hertz. Do you believe that?

Earth atmostphere vibrates at 7.83 hertz. Do you believe that?
    It doesn't.
    You're probably thinking of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
    This came up in another thread.

This isn't the atmosphere vibrating. It's really low frequency radio waves caused by lightning.

You keep editing your posts its hard to keep up with you lol.....

You keep editing your posts its hard to keep up with you lol.....

Yea you got me.
    I added two sentences to clarify stuff. Therefore my argument is invalid.

King Mob wrote: »
    It doesn't.
    You're probably thinking of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances

This isn't the atmosphere vibrating.

Added to your late edit....
    This isn't the atmosphere vibrating. It's really low frequency radio waves caused by lightning.
    And what is the frequency of the atomosphere? I forgot

Added to your late edit....

And what is the frequency of the atomosphere? I forgot

You mean the frequency of the low frequency radio waves caused by lighting?

The atmosphere doesn't have a frequency.
    you're not really understanding this.

You mean the frequency of the low frequency radio waves caused by lighting?

The atmosphere doesn't have a frequency.
    you're not really understanding this.

I don't think you understand.....

• Advertisement

Lightning discharges are considered to be the primary natural source of Schumann resonance excitation, lightning channels behave like huge antennas that radiate electromagnetic energy at frequencies below about 100 kHz.[16] These signals are very weak at large distances from the lightning source, but the earth-ionosphere waveguide behaves like a resonator at ELF frequencies and amplifies the spectral signals from lightning at the resonance frequencies

Now put simply this is saying from the dirt on the ground to the clouds in the sky there is a certain frequency in the air. Agreed?

I don't think you understand.....

No I don't.

How is the Schumann Resonances the "frequency of the atmosphere"?

How does this link to 2012?

Now put simply this is saying from the dirt on the ground to the clouds in the sky there is a certain frequency in the air. Agreed?

A certain radiowave frequency.
    Not a frequency of the air itself.

A certain radiowave frequency.
    Not a frequency of the air itself.
    It's a frequency that is a part of our planet? agreed?

It's a frequency that is a part of our planet? agreed?

Just like a lot of other naturally occurring radio wave frequencies.

It's not the frequency of the Earth.

Just like a lot of other naturally occurring radio wave frequencies.

It's not the frequency of the Earth.
    Ok so thats a yes.

Natural occurring i assume you mean natual to our planet. Good.

So how does this fit into 2012?
    Any ideas? Have you read anything about vedic concepts or anything along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

this is all to do with nostradamus' theory...google it!

Ok so thats a yes.

Any ideas? Have you read anything about vedic concepts or anything along those lines?

I haven't.
    But you claimed this frequency would increase after 2012.
    Anything to back this up?
    And why would such an increase effect anyone?
    Or why this frequency effects anyone at it's current level.

And by natural I mean not man made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Ok so thats a yes.

But that's not the same thing. One naturally ocurring radio frequency among many other frequencies is not "the frequency of the earth".

To make an analogy or several:
    There is phosphorus in my body. Phosphorus vibrates at X Hz at body temperature. The frequency of my body is X.

My hair is brown, so it reflects light at frequency X. X is the frequency of my hair.

I scrape a knife along a tin can. One of the (many) resulting sounds is at X Hz. X is the frequency of the knife, or the tin can.

• Advertisement

I haven't.
    But you claimed this frequency would increase after 2012.
    Anything to back this up?
    And why would such an increase effect anyone?
    Or why this frequency effects anyone at it's current level.

And by natural I mean not man made.

I've read many many pages on the thinking behind why it will increase.But i don't think you will believe in such things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement