Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

The team rating stars both before and after a match, are they more to do with the personnel in those positions, particularly with the pre-match ratings rather than the tactics employed?

Just wondering since my rucking was never great, so I have changed a few forwards around for this season and brought in 2 new guys and now my rucking is only a 1 star rated. I also changed the tactics a little but not massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

satory wrote: »
    The team rating stars both before and after a match, are they more to do with the personnel in those positions, particularly with the pre-match ratings rather than the tactics employed?

Just wondering since my rucking was never great, so I have changed a few forwards around for this season and brought in 2 new guys and now my rucking is only a 1 star rated. I also changed the tactics a little but not massively.
    Somebody has pointed out that rucking stars are related to the discipline setting in the tactics page. You are playing by the book?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

yeah by the book, I'll up it for the cup to normal and give it a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm up against a team that never changes its starting line-up, yet when I go and check, I find the whole team is either on perfect or super-charged!

Is this guy always playing WNWIM? Does he never train? Would no friendlies account for this?! I just can't figure out how he's doing this and staying up in Div 3.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I'm up against a team that never changes its starting line-up, yet when I go and check, I find the whole team is either on perfect or super-charged!

Is this guy always playing WNWIM? Does he never train? Would no friendlies account for this?! I just can't figure out how he's doing this and staying up in Div 3.
    He's not the most active (link). I'd say he just logs on to set intensity for the next few fixtures and not a lot else. Such a large squad and he never uses it.

The reset was just a few weeks ago. 1x league match @ Normal, and 2x cup games @ WNWIM accounts for it.

I'd say you can beat him if you LTNT and keep away from his lineout.

• Advertisement

He's not the most active (link). I'd say he just logs on to set intensity for the next few fixtures and not a lot else. Such a large squad and he never uses it.

The reset was just a few weeks ago. 1x league match @ Normal, and 2x cup games @ WNWIM accounts for it.

I'd say you can beat him if you LTNT and keep away from his lineout.

That's the strategy I was going to go for alright. When you put it like that I guess it makes sense, I just feel like I've been trying hard to preserve energy so far this season, but all of my players (1st and 2nds) are way lower than his one team of trudging monsters. I hope I don't have to go toe-to-toe with the lad and then he goes bot for the rest :P

How do you take advantage of a team with really poor discipline as their main weakness?

Does playing aggressively force them to make more mistakes, or would I just be evening the playing field by doing that?

How do you take advantage of a team with really poor discipline as their main weakness?

Does playing aggressively force them to make more mistakes, or would I just be evening the playing field by doing that?
    I reckon that playing aggressively can cause your opponent to concede more penalties for not releasing. Other than that, I'd say keeping it tight should help - give them as many chances as possible to misbehave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

BTB.

Orizio wrote: »
    BTB.

Thanks Orizio and Dave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

jprender wrote: »
    Just make sure you have selected a good captain.

3 times Leadership + 2 times Experience.

This will give you your best Captain.

I find that Aggression of the Captain will affect the decision too. I have 2 Capt's that I use, one is aggressive and will mostly kick to the corner, the other is timid and I find he chooses the posts option more regularly.

Quick question regarding this if your captain is collected which option will he be likely to go for.

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Quick question regarding this if your captain is collected which option will he be likely to go for.

He's bang smack in the middle, so could go either way. But if you change the aggression you're changing your whole teams aggression... so in the rucks you'll be taking more risks etc.
    The thing about your captain affecting plays is down to what plays he'll call. Obviously if he's an aggressive b@llox ye'll run it at them more than if he's a conservative lad willing to take the points. I'd advise against basing your team aggression on your captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Does a player get more training in YA or when you promote him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Promote and give him trainer sessions and he'll develop a lot more. He also has more matches to play in senior team so extra IGT.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I know Level 4 trainers can't take a player all the way but how far can they actually take a skill level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Up as far as 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

jprender wrote: »
    Up as far as 19.

Cool. Thought it was only 16 or 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

i see a lot of threads saying that the youth facility youth coach and youth manager are a waste of money but does this only apply to bigger teams or what? whats the pros and cons of both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

seanand wrote: »
    i see a lot of threads saying that the youth facility youth coach and youth manager are a waste of money but does this only apply to bigger teams or what? whats the pros and cons of both

Very early indications seem that a season of youth coaching at lvl 3 gives about a 2000 csr increase. At a cost of $37500 a week it's not really worth it for any team imo, but I think some are still training.

The manager reveals stats which if you have to make a choice between players to promote might be handy, but with the addition of birthdays this season means that usually you only have one player you want to promote a week. While its nice to know stats of the players before promotion if your going to promote the player regardless than using the manager is just throwing money away.

I've a lvl 3 scout only and will stick with that for the forseeable future.

so by the sounds of that il keep manager and scout because i just started so i wont be promoting someone everyweek. thanks

• Advertisement

seanand wrote: »
    so by the sounds of that il keep manager and scout because i just started so i wont be promoting someone everyweek. thanks

Manager is largely useless, get rid of him. As Marsie was saying, once a lad hits 17 you're going to want to promote him. It may not happen every week, but there's no real point leaving him to stew. It used to be a case where you'd have a whole batch of 17 year olds at once, so you needed to know who to select, that's not really an issue anymore.

anyone else have a problem going on the website today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Yeah, I could get it working eventually but even then it was awfully slow and involved page refreshing. Gave up on it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

use this
    http://174.129.249.166/

posted before in here, works for me whenever the site isnt working, think its an alternative IP...duno - it works so who cares!!:D

thanks now its working eofarrell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

How much is the major sponsor worth in DIV 3?

Need to start budgeting for this season's worst case scenario of relegation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    How much is the major sponsor worth in DIV 3?

Need to start budgeting for this season's worst case scenario of relegation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 El_Guapo80

I've just started playing recently, and I was just looking for some tips on defense. I wasn't able to find anything recent on it and was wondering if there is one better than the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Your players wont be good enough at this stage for man to man defence. After that its just individual preference for Drift or Rush.

Drift if you want to be better at defending expansive, creative plays.

Rush for driving, pick and go plays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 El_Guapo80

Does anyone have any different training tips? The ones I have found on here are a bit out of date, and things have changed sense they were written.

Advertisement