Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Question. Can injured players train as normal on tuesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Question. Can injured players train as normal on tuesdays?

Answer. Yes but only at 1 third effectiveness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

The magical world of WNWIM ...

Ok, so I take it the best way to get back your LTNT is to play a game WNWIM. Yeah?

So... what's the best way to get a player's energy back? Should I just leave them off the team or is it better to have the guys in a WNWIM match?
    Just curious... my lads seem to be having a bit of snoozy snoozys that they aren't really shifting, even though I've been fielding a complete second string team for some matches.

Also.... one more question about the new injury lark.... when it's said you get more injuries playing WNWIM, do those tend to be the recover for next match injuries? I'm suffering really badly with injuries at the moment and was avoiding WNWIM just incase, but maybe I've misunderstood this and Normal mode is perhaps more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The magical world of WNWIM ...

Ok, so I take it the best way to get back your LTNT is to play a game WNWIM. Yeah?

So... what's the best way to get a player's energy back? Should I just leave them off the team or is it better to have the guys in a WNWIM match?
    Just curious... my lads seem to be having a bit of snoozy snoozys that they aren't really shifting, even though I've been fielding a complete second string team for some matches.

Also.... one more question about the new injury lark.... when it's said you get more injuries playing WNWIM, do those tend to be the recover for next match injuries? I'm suffering really badly with injuries at the moment and was avoiding WNWIM just incase, but maybe I've misunderstood this and Normal mode is perhaps more dangerous.

Train stamina, don't play them. They lose (a little) energy playing WNWIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Orizio wrote: »
    Train stamina, don't play them. They lose (a little) energy playing WNWIM.

Excellent, that's what I was up to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I will probably, if I'm around find this out for myself tomorrow, but if I'm away I wont find out till monday, so...

Is there any point logging on at game time, if your not a premium member? Are you given a CM/FM style commentary on the game while if progresses or are you only given the stats at around 4 to 4:30ish (when a match would finish)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

satory wrote: »
    I will probably, if I'm around find this out for myself tomorrow, but if I'm away I wont find out till monday, so...

Is there any point logging on at game time, if your not a premium member? Are you given a CM/FM style commentary on the game while if progresses or are you only given the stats at around 4 to 4:30ish (when a match would finish)

You get the text commentary as the game progresses, but i think you do not get the 2D pitch with a ball moving around on the free account (someone may correct me on this!)

Also its a bit later than 4/4.30 for the reporters report and match report, can be a few hrs later. The stats are there at fulltime since they update during the game etc.

Is it possible to remove a bid on a player? Or do I just have to hope that someone out bids me before the auction closes?

Is it possible to remove a bid on a player? Or do I just have to hope that someone out bids me before the auction closes?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Where do you check the weather...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

Does it make a difference to your in game training who you play friendlies against? i.e. if you play a better team do you get more training/experience than if you played a weak-ass team?

crisco10 wrote: »
    Does it make a difference to your in game training who you play friendlies against? i.e. if you play a better team do you get more training/experience than if you played a weak-ass team?

I doubt it, although it seems like some players train better then others.

Where do you check the weather...?

The 'Global Lobby' page.

Stupid question coming up...

What am I missing here: http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3489749

Why set the price a that amount, I can't imagine it giving you any advantages?

Stupid question coming up...

What am I missing here: http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=3489749

Why set the price a that amount, I can't imagine it giving you any advantages?

Well I've heard of people doing that when they quit, because the team goes bankrupt due to the transfer tax that has to be paid! But since he only registered the day before I am not sure what he is at... esp as the player is crap!! so maybe a day was enough for him on BR! :eek: :confused:

Just wondering does anyone know what happens to a player who is fired? can you pick up players on a free transfer or do that just leave the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

They just leave the game.

jprender wrote: »
    Just a quick tip to use before you decide to upgrade to level 2 training facilities.

Hire your Level 1 Trainers.
    construct level 1 training facility.
    Set your training program.

Before Tuesday at 0000 (monday night) close your training facility.
    Open it up again before training session starts on Tuesday at 0930.

By doing this, your training sessions continue as planned but you dont have to pay the maintenance fees for your training facility. This results in a saving of over 6k per week.

Pity I didnt do this when I started !!

I nabbed this quote from the beginners thread, but how it this done? Do you just click off all the individual training schedules and set the 2 group training regimes to none? or is there something else that needs to be done to close the training centre?

And then reset the training schedule you want before 9:30am right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Just get rid of the facility before you are charged for it at midnight.

Once this deadline has passed, just create the facility again before training at 0930 on Tuesday.

No need to cancel or adjust your training sessions.

Once you start up the facility again, the training is just as you left it.

Try it tonight, actually get rid of your facility right now.
    To close it, go to My Club>Office>Facilities and shut down your level 1 facility.
    Then open it up again between 00:01 and 09:30 and you are quids in.

I just spotted that there are rounds 15 and 16 in the season. Ive got 2 questions about this.

1. If you finish 5th to 8th what do you do for those 2 weeks, as your not in the playoffs?

2. Are both those weeks normal financial weeks? in regards to the normal expenditures? Just wondering as I think its going to be pretty tight having 2 weeks without match income...

• Advertisement

I just spotted that there are rounds 15 and 16 in the season. Ive got 2 questions about this.

1. If you finish 5th to 8th what do you do for those 2 weeks, as your not in the playoffs?

2. Are both those weeks normal financial weeks? in regards to the normal expenditures? Just wondering as I think its going to be pretty tight having 2 weeks without match income...
    1: You will have to defend your place in that league in a qualifier match, wednesday week 16.

2: Yes, you will still have all of your usual expenses for those two weeks. Don't stress if you fall into the red a little - the first few rounds of next season's cup should help the finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 putock

Probably a stupid question, BUT how do i change my club logo?
    I'm just doing the simple stuff now then gonna dive into the (what seems to be very detailed) inner workings of it all over the next few days, which this thread looks pretty good for helping with!

any help would be great!

putock wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, BUT how do i change my club logo?
    My Club>Office>Club editor
    Pretty sure logos are only available to premium users.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

So I've heard that theres no point in having anything other than a 50k academy, anything else is just a waste of money. I currently have level 3 training facilities and am advertising for attacking and defensive trainers. I have 640,000 dolla billz and reckon that ill get the promotion for next season.

The question is, should I increase my stadium capacity (5,000), keep increasing my trainers and facilities, or go with the youth academy. I'm in divison IV at the moment aswell

I'd go with the former personally, as the YA tends to be a bit of an lottery.

Oisinjmm wrote: »
    So I've heard that theres no point in having anything other than a 50k academy, anything else is just a waste of money. I currently have level 3 training facilities and am advertising for attacking and defensive trainers. I have 640,000 dolla billz and reckon that ill get the promotion for next season.

The question is, should I increase my stadium capacity (5,000), keep increasing my trainers and facilities, or go with the youth academy. I'm in divison IV at the moment aswell
    I'd say see how the market looks next season. If you can get decent 17 year olds for less than 200k apiece, then i'd say focus on training. If the market is still crazy you'll have to produce your own talent, so start investing the 50k from week 8.

I'd say always make stadium expansions a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Cheers boyos

I'd say see how the market looks next season. If you can get decent 17 year olds for less than 200k apiece, then i'd say focus on training. If the market is still crazy you'll have to produce your own talent, so start investing the 50k from week 8.

I'd say always make stadium expansions a priority.

200k? you'd def do that!! the most i have spent on a player is 40k!! I have bought 14 players and total money spent on players is 124k! watch for the good ones and only step into the market outside 'silly season'.

I would only start on the youth academy when you are making around 100k profit in a week so that on average with 50k on YA you would be breaking even financially speaking (selling pulls you are not going to use to supplement income).

to sum up: invest in stadium first then YA

Whats the best way to approach these up coming playoffs?

Im going into them with a LTNT rating of 90%, my 1st team should be fairly fit since I rested them for the friendlies.

Though after looking around at the other members of the playoffs there seems to be alot of inactivty in my league, for example

1st place, the ones im up against in the semis havent logged on since Dec 5th, which means come saturday the acount will be made into a bot.
    2nd place was last active on Dec 25th, and 3rd place was last active, again on Dec 5th. So the way I see it is 2 of the top four will be bots next season, unless new players come in now could be the best chance I have of going up, even if my squad isnt ready, I can always WNWIM and pick up the extra sponsorship, etc...

So I ask is there a way to nearly grantee wins against inactives? or what at least would any of you do in my position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

If your players are better than the teams you have to play then I'd play it as normal, if they're better then i'd go LTNT for both games. But only if you want to try get promoted

Advertisement