Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Satory, LTNT both play off games. If they havnt logged in that long then their teams will be on a default setting giving you a better chance. You'll get extra prize money for winning and getting promoted will give extra sponsorship, one minor which you would get anyway and one major for the division jump. Go for it dude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I think at least for the semis I might play at normal intensity. Just had a look at their players, and on CSR alone I should have the beating on them, also their players didnt were not affected fitness wise from the last fixture, I checked the last day. So im going hope that he that he's on WNWIN, especially since the last match he was active for was against a bot. If it back fires I can always use my LTNT in the 3rd place playoff.

One thing problem I can see is the playoff match, as im team would lie in the bottom half of the playoff tables if I win... But we'll give that a bash if it comes to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

So I have zero chance of winning on Saturday, should I just WNWIM them to get more ingame training in?

If your certain you have absolutely no chance of getting anything from the game, not even a losing bonus point, then ya, go with WNWIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

Did they change the rules for the positional "tick" in the reporter's summary change in S8? Suddenly all of my players suit their positions!!

• Advertisement

yep it sucks. before you had to keep moving a player to find his correct position, now its almost like put them anywhere and they'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Yup changed it to require the player to be significantly better in another position for them not to reach potential in the position you are playing them. they were finding that the results were to inconsistent.. ie player could in the right position and not the next due to training and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Is the best from of defence man-on-man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Is the best from of defence man-on-man?
    It depends on the attacking % of the opposition.
    AFAIK:
    rush is good against driving, bad against creative
    drift is good against expansive, bad against driving
    Man on man is balanced - ok against everything.

Can Aggression, discipline and leadership EVER change in a player? if so what influences it?

• Advertisement

crisco10 wrote: »
    Can Aggression, discipline and leadership EVER change in a player? if so what influences it?
    no. not until we can hire sport psychologists anyway.

no. not until we can hire sport psychologists anyway.

Lol. thanks.

Whatever about the first 2 i thought there might be a chance leadership could change...

Jesus, Im asking a lot of questions lately.

How much is level 3 /week to maintain? and whats a level 3 coaches salary like? just eyeing up an upgrade but don't wanna over stretch finances...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

How much is level 3 /week to maintain? and whats a level 3 coaches salary like? just eyeing up an upgrade but don't wanna over stretch finances...

Level 3 Facility = $25,000 per week
    Level 3 Trainers = $5,625 per week

Level 4 Facility = $50,000 per week
    Level 4 Trainers = $8,125 per week

Added level 4 so you can see the large gap between 3 and 4

Facility is 25 a week.
    Coach is 12.5 a week.

All in all, plan to spend an extra 25/30 a week over and above L2 training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Horya

Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but I have some questions about aging players:

I am thinking of buying some older players to get me by while I develop some younger ones. What happens as players get older (past 30)? Do they lose skill? How old is too old?

Horya wrote: »
    Sorry if this is mentioned somewhere else but I have some questions about aging players:

I am thinking of buying some older players to get me by while I develop some younger ones. What happens as players get older (past 30)? Do they lose skill? How old is too old?

They start losing skill slowly, you will first notice tis through the weekly CSR change which will become slightly negative. as far as I am aware it depends on the player what age is too old, but I have a reserve 31 yr old and he still is not losing CSR so30/31 yr olds you will get at least a season or two out of. so I would say go for it if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Horya wrote: »

Also an element of stamina involved. I haven't really seen it written in the documentation anywhere, but I've definitely noticed from experience that older players will lose more energy, even if they have superior stamina than younger players.

The little ticks etc next to player names... what do they mean? Y'know the ones, they're either a fat blue upward pointing arrow or you can turn them into a green tick. What o' what are they for? :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Do you mean the ones in the reporters summary?

Doh@me.... just noticed your smiley face lol

• Advertisement

Do you mean the ones in the reporters summary?

Doh@me.... just noticed your smiley face lol

Wuh? No, I mean the ones next to names in the squad listing. I just like to add pacman wherever I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Fewcifur wrote: »
    The little ticks etc next to player names... what do they mean? Y'know the ones, they're either a fat blue upward pointing arrow or you can turn them into a green tick. What o' what are they for? :confused:

Its to make a shortcut. Click it to a tick and you can then get to the player by clicking the star in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Also works for leagues and teams as far as I know

mar-z wrote: »
    Its to make a shortcut. Click it to a tick and you can then get to the player by clicking the star in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Also works for leagues and teams as far as I know

Thanks Mar-z, and Fewcifer! never even thought about clicking those and did so when question raised here. now I know the use - it will actually be quite helpful!

It's just to make a link? Damn I thought it was for something cool :(

It's just to make a link? Damn I thought it was for something cool :(

Its handy but if you built yourself up for an amazing feature I can see where your disappointed

mar-z wrote: »
    Its handy but if you built yourself up for an amazing feature I can see where your disappointed

I ticked every bloody one of them hoping it would give me more pops or something!

I ticked every bloody one of them hoping it would give me more pops or something!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Question gents...

My end position in the league promotion tables... what dictates that after the playoffs?

For instance: If I'm 2nd in my league and the 1st place player is above the auto-promote line but I beat him in the playoffs... do I then take his slot in the promotion listing or is it determined in some other manner?

Question gents...

My end position in the league promotion tables... what dictates that after the playoffs?

For instance: If I'm 2nd in my league and the 1st place player is above the auto-promote line but I beat him in the playoffs... do I then take his slot in the promotion listing or is it determined in some other manner?
    The promotion tables mean nothing until the playoffs are done. The playoff winners go into the promotion table, ordered by their league points.

• Advertisement

The promotion tables mean nothing until the playoffs are done. The playoff winners go into the promotion table, ordered by their league points.

So if I have 23 points before the playoffs and win the playoffs, beating a guy with 30 points, I'll ultimately end up in the promotion board with 23 points?
    Just asking for a friend ya see, he was going to let a guy win because he's high in the promotion table and then take him in the playoffs... but I guess it doesn't work that way.

Advertisement