Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

El_Guapo80 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any different training tips? The ones I have found on here are a bit out of date, and things have changed sense they were written.

What do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 El_Guapo80

should I evenly spread out the training or should I just pick 3 0r 4 and put the 6 sessions on those players? Thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Personally if i was starting again i would pick 3 or 4 players that have most potential, so best height, weight or CSR, and keep training them until a better trainee comes along.

Even if you only trained each one for half or three quarters of the season they would improve an awful lot and then pick another couple players and do same to them. Within a season or 2 you could have half a squad and some clever TM purchases can make up the other half.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

Quick Beginners question,

what kind of attack % wud be best first off? Leave it all at 25% and read the teams first match report n see what they were good at or play it safe with ball in hand, Pick&go and Driving?

Attack

Pick and Go:
    Driving:
    Expansive:
    Creative:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

TheJims wrote: »
    Quick Beginners question,

what kind of attack % wud be best first off? Leave it all at 25% and read the teams first match report n see what they were good at or play it safe with ball in hand, Pick&go and Driving?

Attack

Pick and Go:
    Driving:
    Expansive:
    Creative:

Hate to give a generic unhelpfull answer but depends on your team really. look at the skills and csr of your backs and forwards, if backs are better use bit more creative/expansive. if you have a pack of knarly, heavy forwards with good technique then the ol driving and so on is the way to go. i use PnG or driving and expansive or creative usually in pairs. so i would go for say late 20's to 30 PnG low teens drving and high creative with lower expansive. its usually a split of around 60-40 in favour of my backs as they are better than my forwards.

PnG & Driving - forward orientated
    Expansive and Creative - back orientated.

does that help? hope a bit!

Keep asking questions - its how you will learn it. we all learnt from each other and competing against each other in things like the boards cups

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Another Question, Discipline.

What does everyone play at?

By The Book
    Normally
    Aggressively

Pros and Cons? or does it differ depending on how much u want to win?

Should a very new/immature team stick to the By the Book until they get more game time?

Hey guys,

Another Question, Discipline.

What does everyone play at?

By The Book
    Normally
    Aggressively

Pros and Cons? or does it differ depending on how much u want to win?

Should a very new/immature team stick to the By the Book until they get more game time?

I played BTB when I started to minimise kicks at goal and so on. and also my team was quite in disciplined. if the majority of your 1st XV have collected or better discipline you can go to normal and if all flawless can push it to aggressive.

Basically as with all things it depends on your team, also other factors I would consider are if the team is far better than you I would throw in aggressive to try and win more ball and compete with the opposition more. if level or you are better go with normal/BTB as you should beat them and no need to give away penalties.

For a new team I would play a couple of matches at normal and BTB noting the penalty level and see if playing at normal is giving away too many. I would not play aggressive on a regular basis unless you had a flawless disciplined team.

Thanks eoferrall your being very helpful!

Ive noticed the differant types of defence seem to upgrade as i use them more, as in they all started at Non-Exictant, then went Horrible, now i have Moderate! Happy Days!

Thanks eoferrall your being very helpful!

Ive noticed the differant types of defence seem to upgrade as i use them more, as in they all started at Non-Exictant, then went Horrible, now i have Moderate! Happy Days!

No worries, sure we all had to start somewhere! most of us here started around the same time so all learnt together so as we figured stuff out we shared.

The more you play one system the more experienced your players become in it, and thus have a better defense rating.

You will not be able to get all 3 high, but you can get two of them high. I would pick Drift and rush to work on.

it is important to maintain a high defense rating as it will lead to less missed tackles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭crisco10

I would back up what EOF was saying. work on drift and rush. man-on-man needs a relatively high defence attributes across the board.

Although, I would slightly disagree on the discipline point. In the lower leagues, goal-kicking and lineouts aren't as sure a thing as higher up, so it can be worth giving away the penalties for the turnovers. So maybe playing aggressive can be beneficial even with a more "reckless/rebellious" disposition amongst your players. Thats my experience anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I used to play aggressive but the penalties were just crushing my team so I have changed to normal and I find it the perfect mix.

ajeffares wrote: »
    I used to play aggressive but the penalties were just crushing my team so I have changed to normal and I find it the perfect mix.

I found the same, in div IV etc i didn't notice as won the matches regardless. but as my DIV III league gets more competitive each season these little things matter.

eoferrall wrote: »
    I found the same, in div IV etc i didn't notice as won the matches regardless. but as my DIV III league gets more competitive each season these little things matter.

I was the opposite in, played BTB/normal in Div IV but was getting trounced by half my league come Div III. Changed a few things, amongst them aggressive, now i am competitive against them.

crisco10 wrote: »
    I was the opposite in, played BTB/normal in Div IV but was getting trounced by half my league come Div III. Changed a few things, amongst them aggressive, now i am competitive against them.

as i said, depends on team and the opposition, if they are much higher csr i'd go aggressive each time. but when team is better than opposition i can't justify it tbh in my experience!

Another Question there guys,

Im having "Financial Problems" .... Now i rang the IMF but they said they dont cover Video Game loses, so im turning to you guys!

i dono where to trim the fat! ive reduced from 35 to 26 squad members, got rid of some stadium staff, all level 1 trainers, coaches and facilities.

But still every week im losing money. iv only had 2 home league games in 2 months so thats not helping either!

No minor sponsors coz i joined mid season, i know they'll help soon.. Any Advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Another Question there guys,

Im having "Financial Problems" .... Now i rang the IMF but they said they dont cover Video Game loses, so im turning to you guys!

i dono where to trim the fat! ive reduced from 35 to 26 squad members, got rid of some stadium staff, all level 1 trainers, coaches and facilities.

But still every week im losing money. iv only had 2 home league games in 2 months so thats not helping either!

No minor sponsors coz i joined mid season, i know they'll help soon.. Any Advice?
    How are your weekly overheads compared to your profits from home games?
    Take the net 'loss' for a week - if it's less than 1/2 of your profit from a home game, you're fine. After all, you will always end up with 7 home league games a season, plus cup money and prize money.

I lose 70k a quiet week but make 120-140k for a home league game. Over the course of a season, that means I come within shouting distance of breaking even, before taking prize money and cup gate into account (thats reserved for investments).

Question, are players' salaries now renegotiated on their birthdays, or does that still all happen at the start of the season? If the answer is the latter, forget about that minor sponsor, the players will eat that 20k.

Match Revenue: 123,820
    Match Expences: 103,420

Profit of 20,400 a match, What i just noticed is 20K a week is going to a level 3 Youth Training Facility! is that overkill ??

Should i cut out some of my Junior squad funding/coaches/facilities???

Profit of 20,400 a match, What i just noticed is 20K a week is going to a level 3 Youth Training Facility! is that overkill ??

If your struggling with funds, the YA could definitely be downgraded. But if you want to keep one thing up, make it your scout. at least then you can scout some decent players and improve your squad that way.

Be careful about cutting stadium staff, it can be a false economy as your contentment gets clobbered if your stadium is understaffed leading to reduced revenue.

Also, since your still in Div IV and will be next year, I would reduce your squad to 24 or 25. Had a nosey about your squad, obviously I can't see their stats, but Joshua Mackeon and Dylan O'Sullivan being fired would save you 5k a week. And hopefully by this time next year when you are pushing for promotion they will have been replaced by some 20 star scouted youths.

@TheJims

Have you updated your stadium at all? Just checking because if done badly it can cost you money

crisco10 wrote: »
    If your struggling with funds, the YA could definitely be downgraded.

but Joshua Mackeon and Dylan O'Sullivan being fired would save you 5k a week.

@crisco10, yeah i was pondering on downgrading to the level 1 YA? will it have a massive effect on the young players i scout? and also if i get rid of the trainers, keeping only the scout and manager maybe?

@ajeffares, no i havnt changed the stadium, reduced staff numbers, and the next home game after i got no email warning me of unhappiness with the reductions.

• Advertisement

Hmm . . have you used the stadium calculator?

no.. i downloaded n awful complicated one n gave up on it.. went with ratios sum guy used on BRIreland forums , seems to have worked ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Sounds like your stadium is either too big or totally overstaffed. AFAIR the initial stadium makes about 60k per game when it fills (which it should). What's your capacity and what are your normal attendances like?

Sounds like your stadium is either too big or totally overstaffed. AFAIR the initial stadium makes about 60k per game when it fills (which it should). What's your capacity and what are your normal attendances like?

Had my last home game the weekend just gone,

Expenses: 113,143
    Revenue: 162,707

Standing: 978
    Uncovered: 1,774
    Covered: 1,326
    Members: 358
    Corporate: 45

Total: 4,481

Seems decent! just under 50G profit. completely differant then my previous 2 matches.

what stadium calculator is the easiest to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I just read that you should probably pick a defensive style when you begin, and then stick with it to develop that style. I have been playing man-on-man and rush and have impressive and satisfactory levels in these now, if I play more of the style that is impressive will it get any better, and if not wouldn't I be better off getting good at all 3?

Zagato wrote: »
    I just read that you should probably pick a defensive style when you begin, and then stick with it to develop that style. I have been playing man-on-man and rush and have impressive and satisfactory levels in these now, if I play more of the style that is impressive will it get any better, and if not wouldn't I be better off getting good at all 3?

impressive is as high as it goes. you can't get all 3 to a very good standard as you play one the other two fall.

I keep one of mine impressive and the other decent that's as good as i can do and give you a good choice for each opposition. trying to get three defeats the purpose as you are picking the defence level to stop it dropping and not what suits the opposition style.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I normally manage to keep two on impressive fairly easily

MarVeL wrote: »
    I normally manage to keep two on impressive fairly easily

Did you get them up prior to them changing the defense?

also if you change a lot your team then defense takes a hit..i'm always changing mine

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

When did they change the defense?

IIRC I switched over from trying to keep all three going to running with just 2 and I would have 2 separate 15s most of the time

• Advertisement

MarVeL wrote: »
    When did they change the defense?

IIRC I switched over from trying to keep all three going to running with just 2 and I would have 2 separate 15s most of the time

Mid season I think? might have been start of the season. basically there was an error in the code that once you got to impressive your defence level will not lower. if you had impressive in the two ratings it is hard to lose them, but to now achieve them is harder as the impressive will start falling after a while.:(

Advertisement