Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with local Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

kerry4sam wrote: »
    ah jeez msg11 I'm happy for you. It was a long time coming. Well done now, that's you another step closer :)

So what is next ? He said that the form would be sent of to HQ. So who dose the background check, the sergeant or HQ ? Is it a 2 week wait or a 2 month before I hear contact again ? All this waiting around is just mad !

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

msg11 wrote: »
    So what is next ? He said that the form would be sent of to HQ. So who dose the background check, the sergeant or HQ ? Is it a 2 week wait or a 2 month before I hear contact again ? All this waiting around is just mad !

Its different for everyone, I handed my br form in on 01/03/2011 and had a meeting with the sergeant the same day. I had herd nothing for months so I called my local super and he arranged for a meeting with me and the cig as he is very busy, the meeting was on the 01/12/11 that's a long time! I called HQ this week to see if there has been progress and they told me they will call up to see what the story is. On the 25th of this month it will be a year since my interview be prepared for a wait! or you could be really lucky and get the call soon nobody knows. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 robmol

hey guys have my meeting with super later on today any last minute advice seeing as ye have been through that stage already??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Had my meeting with the sergeant and inspector this week (met them both on the same day). I dont think it could have went any better, both said they would be more than happy to recommend me! I think the phrase 'ideal candidate' was thrown in there as well! :p

Delighted anyway, flying through the process so far *jinxed* just to wait for a date for the medical now once all the background checks to come back!

got supers recommendation he was full of chat 50 mins worth to be precise..:D
    roll on the medical!!!!

• Advertisement

Have my meeting with the Super on Tuesday .. Nervous to say the leased! What attire should one wear ?

If you have a suit, wear it! Thanks my advice. It'd be difficult to over dress but very easy to under dress. Treat it as another job interview and dress to impress - shirt and tie at the least.

Good luck - you'll be fine!

@ robmol, congrats man...Race you to the medical!

If you have a suit, wear it! Thanks my advice. It'd be difficult to over dress but very easy to under dress. Treat it as another job interview and dress to impress - shirt and tie at the least.

Race is on dude things have went fairly fast since my pas interview so hoping it continues that way!!!
    Keep me posted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

robmol wrote: »

Race is on dude things have went fairly fast since my pas interview so hoping it continues that way!!!
    Keep me posted!!

Congrats, I had my supers on Wednesday. Went ok very very formal.
    :-)

Have my meeting with the Super on Tuesday .. Nervous to say the leased! What attire should one wear ?

Well more intense than the sergeant meeting, although shorter. So I am really 50/50 on it now. Although, if I don't get past this stage, I am glad I tried rather than not ever trying!

So anyone thinking they would like to do it, give it a bash. I feel better knowing I gave it a go !

• Advertisement

smiley963 wrote: »

Keep me posted!!

Congrats smiley on joining us in the race to the medical!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gb8

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Had the meeting with the sergeant last night, when well. Really nice guy had a good owl chat with him about the reserves and some questions I had. Was a bit nervous going in have to say.

ah jeez msg11 I'm happy for you. It was a long time coming. Well done now, that's you another step closer :)

Can I just check guys .
    Is the recruitment process. Now handled by the local. Super where you reside ,

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

smiley963 wrote: »

Keep me posted!!

Congrats smiley on joining us in the race to the medical!!! :)

Might be an interesting race. We could all get down together. Ha lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi Lads,

Should I mention if asked that I had a Juvenile Liason Officer visit years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Yes

They will find out if you don't.

Depending on the circumstances, but it probably won't affect your application.

TylerIE wrote: »
    Yes

They will find out if you don't.

Depending on the circumstances, but it probably won't affect your application.

Ya If they ask me had I any previous dealings with the Gardai i ll own up but otherwise I won t

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Ya If they ask me had I any previous dealings with the Gardai i ll own up but otherwise I won t
    [/QUOTE

Be honest about everything! the sgt/cig/super who interviews will no doubt have put your name true pulse before they meet you and know all your past dealings with gardai so don't try to bluff them this is there bread and butter and they will be looking for honesty, its part of the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Canyon86 wrote: »

I'd suggest you bring it up if they don't.

Perhaps ask "I was wondering, I had a JLO x years ago when". It's the only time you get to verbally explain it.

Just cause they don't ask doesn't mean they don't know. They will find out and not mentioning it looks like your hiding it. An if its for something minor hiding it is far worse than having it.

TylerIE wrote: »
    I'd suggest you bring it up if they don't.

Perhaps ask "I was wondering, I had a JLO x years ago when". It's the only time you get to verbally explain it.

Just cause they don't ask doesn't mean they don't know. They will find out and not mentioning it looks like your hiding it. An if its for something minor hiding it is far worse than having it.

Do put it down it is important.

Do put it down it is important.
    ]

Hi lads,

Only saw this posts now

I got on grand.. it was a formal chat nothing tricky,

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

What is the waiting time on seeing the superintendent after passing interview is it weeks or months.

thesamster wrote: »
    What is the waiting time on seeing the superintendent after passing interview is it weeks or months.

Usually you'll get a phone call after a couple of weeks but depends on the sgt/super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Do they send you a letter or do they always just give you a ring ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Do they send you a letter or do they always just give you a ring ? :)

I'm sure they'd send a letter if they were having trouble calling you...

How come they don't wait for your background checks to be done before metting the super? surely having passed that would be another talking point at the meeting.

A garda called to my house to tell me about my meeting .

Could someone tell me is waitin nearly 4 weeks for a call to this meeting/interview with the local garda normal?

I know of two people that were waiting 6 and 7 months to see the super

Wow thats long time , there background checks most of been back at that stage haha

Made me think it would be the same for me. I saw the same super but it only took me about 5 weeks . We met last week he was a sound man

• Advertisement

I was just looking at the copy of my Br from and on it says if you know a garda that would recommend you , also says not essential, i myself know gards so i put 1 in , just like to know did any1 else fill that in?

Advertisement