Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting with local Sergeant/Inspector and Superintendent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

kerry4sam wrote: »
    yeah figured as much alright, most people coming out think this way but it still make it any easier though. Did either mention anything about your background checks?
    HI Kerry, What stage are you at?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sf94

yeah figured as much alright, most people coming out think this way but it still make it any easier though. Did either mention anything about your background checks?

No, neither did.

I was kind of wondering about that too.....do they start doing the checks as soon as the BR is faxed to HQ or do they wait for the reports from the Sergeant/Super first?? (It's nearly 2 months since I handed in the BR form so if they started that then there might be a bit of progress on it:))

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

sf94 wrote: »
    No, neither did.

I was kind of wondering about that too.....do they start doing the checks as soon as the BR is faxed to HQ or do they wait for the reports from the Sergeant/Super first?? (Its is nearly 2 months since I handed in the BR form so if they started that then there might be a bit of progress on it:))

nothing? When I got my call about my sergeant meeting I was told that some of my checks were complete, that's why I wondered if they mentioned your checks in your meetings.

THE PIPER wrote: »
    HI Kerry, What stage are you at?:)

Piper I have only completed my interview & report writting so still a long way to go by the sounds of things. I've my sergeant meeting coming up, then I'll have meeting with Superintendent after that and then the medical.

So i'm going pulling up a seat in this thread for a while and keeping my tea & coffee stocked up in the meantime :)

Piper I have only completed my interview & report writting so still a long way to go by the sounds of things. I've my sergeant meeting coming up, then I'll have meeting with Superintendent after that and then the medical.

So i'm going pulling up a seat in this thread for a while and keeping my tea & coffee stocked up in the meantime :)
    Same as that kerry:)Just left in my forms to the local station yesterday so will have to sit tight for the next bit:)Nearly all my relatives dead and the rest are ancient and never been in trouble,so hopefully the checks dont take toooo long:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Same as that kerry:)Just left in my forms to the local station yesterday so will have to sit tight for the next bit:)Nearly all my relatives dead and the rest are ancient and never been in trouble,so hopefully the checks dont take toooo long:rolleyes:

Well by the sounds of things Piper your checks shouldn't take too long :pac:

What I have found the best thing to do was to just put it out of my mind, to a certain extent anyways - let it all just run in its own course in its own time.

nothing? When I got my call about my sergeant meeting I was told that some of my checks were complete, that's why I wondered if they mentioned your checks in your meetings.

No not a word........well at least by the looks of things they get the ball rolling on the background checks straight away if some of yours have been completed

No not a word........well at least by the looks of things they get the ball rolling on the background checks straight away if some of yours have been completed

for definite. Sur they could have your checks complete & they just may not have mentioned it thinking the other would have or did :confused:.

All you have left is you medical so ... hopefully happy days :).

What you got planned now for the evening?

for definite. Sur they could have your checks complete & they just may not have mentioned it thinking the other would have or did :confused:.

All you have left is you medical so ... hopefully happy days :).

What you got planned now for the evening?

Yeah.....I'm hoping the medical is soon, I can feel my eyesight getting worse by the day:)

Might try and make a start at upping my fitness levels tonight!!! For some reason I said I'd wait till after the Super interview to start.....so now I've no excuse!!

Yeah.....I'm hoping the medical is soon, I can feel my eyesight getting worse by the day:)

Might try and make a start at upping my fitness levels tonight!!! For some reason I said I'd wait till after the Super interview to start.....so now I've no excuse!!

:D same here & I'm staring at a PC at work for 9hours a day! Yeah I know exactly what you're like with the fitness, I've laid off my routine the last fortnight with one thing & another going on, but being honest the Reserves is all the inspiration I need to get back into it again :)

• Advertisement

:D same here & I'm staring at a PC at work for 9hours a day! Yeah I know exactly what you're like with the fitness, I've laid off my routine the last fortnight with one thing & another going on, but being honest the Reserves is all the inspiration I need to get back into it again :)

Its definitely whats motivating me too.....that and the fact that the sun is actually shinning (for the moment);)

Its definitely whats motivating me too.....that and the fact that the sun is actually shinning (for the moment);)
    Fair play to ya;)I bought a bike to start getting fit,will see how the supers and sgts interviews go and will start getting fit then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

i have my written and interview done, form BR sent off and now just waiting, is it medical next or one interview then medical then another interview??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abed

i have my written and interview done, form BR sent off and now just waiting, is it medical next or one interview then medical then another interview??? :)

It depends really. some do the medical before meeting the Superintendent, others don't! I did both interviews with the sergeant and Superintendent a while ago and still no sign of medical. I know for many others it happend fairly quickly after the second interview and for some before you even do the second interview. There is very little to know about in this process.

Do what I do e.g. relax and wait for phone calls , letters ...etc

Abed wrote: »
    It depends really. some do the medical before meeting the Superintendent, others don't! I did both interviews with the sergeant and Superintendent a while ago and still no sign of medical. I know for many others it happend fairly quickly after the second interview and for some before you even do the second interview. There is very little to know about in this process.

Do what I do e.g. relax and wait for phone calls , letters ...etc

I would do exactly what Abed says here, just kick back & let it take its own course. It will all happen in time.

How long since you done your interview & report writting?

HI I met local sgt last night,have to meet the super next and if that goes ok it should be medical,I was told the super is busy at the moment so when ever he has time to see me is when it will happen.Best thing to do is sit back and wait as there does not seem to be a specific time span for this process.I only applied at the end of feb;)Also background checks have to be done and that takes time too

Phew!!!! IM nervous about meetings,hoping it goes well,dont know anybody at my local station at all:(Presume just go about it the same as the first interview and hope for the best:)
    HI I met local sgt last night,have to meet the super next ...

when you met the local Sergeant lastnight was it when you brought the forms in or were you called in separately afterward to meet the Sergeant? You wrote above that you were nervous about meetings & I wondered how did it go for you?

when you met the local Sergeant lastnight was it when you brought the forms in or were you called in separately afterward to meet the Sergeant? You wrote above that you were nervous about meetings & I wondered how did it go for you?
    Got phonecall,went fine very informal and not expected just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 maguff

Can anyone help me, i have an interview on Sat with local inspector and was wondering what questions he might be asking.

And how long does the whole process take, from initial interview and written test, to completion of training

hey,

If you were to have a look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055178746 at the Garda Reserve Force thread you will see absolutely no pattern or set time-frame what-so-ever. Seriously, nobody will know for definite. Some people get very lucky and go through the process within a few months, more then are waiting years. I myself am waiting 2months to be called for my medical after passing interview/report writting & really don't expect to be called any time soon, although I would like to be :).

• Advertisement

Had my interview with the local Inspector a few days ago, it went very well.
    Basically he just wanted to put a face to the file and get an overall picture of your personality.
    I found out where i will be stationed if i make it through the next phase.

Medical next :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 donna1984

maguff wrote: »
    Had my interview with the local Inspector a few days ago, it went very well.
    Basically he just wanted to put a face to the file and get an overall picture of your personality.
    I found out where i will be stationed if i make it through the next phase.

Medical next :eek:.

have you had your medical yet?? or still waiting?

donna1984 wrote: »
    have you had your medical yet?? or still waiting?

No, i am still waiting for a date for a medical.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

You might not get to do the medical untill your backround checks come back. I'm in the same boat waiting on my medical. Where are you getting stationed maguff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 ozalseker

i got my interview date on 14 july.i am a bit nervous.what shloud i do?any one knows any course before interview?where or how much would it cost me?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

ozalseker wrote: »
    i got my interview date on 14 july.i am a bit nervous.what shloud i do?any one knows any course before interview?where or how much would it cost me?
    thanks

you dont need ta do a course for the reserve interview .. Also i dont think there is any course out there that you can do for da reserves anyway. take a look in the reserve thread and there s people in there who will give you better advice then any course:D

I agree with the da flash. Just study the information they give you to prepare and be honest with your answers. They might trip you up if you bend the truth. Relax in the interview and listen carefully to the questions they ask you. At the end of the day it's up to your life experiences they want to know about.

The Regional HQ Drogheda in Louth

Where are you going to be stationed or do you know yet Lavman

• Advertisement

maguff wrote: »
    Where are you going to be stationed or do you know yet Lavman
    Hoping to get stationed in tullamore co offaly. It's not too far from where i live. Portlaoise would be fine as well. I was talking to a sergant the other day and he told me things are moving quiet slow so just be patient.

Advertisement