Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession kills off SPICE BURGER

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Just having a spice burger sandwich at the moment.
    A gap that has being missed!!
    Lovely delicious.
    Great for 20 people to get them back in some employment.
    Keep buying them people!!
    So happy i joined that facebook group! And commented her.
    Next step world domination and the assassination of finna fail and the greens oh and mary harney, and that aib ternure woman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,316 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some guy picked an argument with the staff in the chipper about this the other night. How dare they increase the price and not give him any free chips. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Image000_1.jpg

nom nom

got an aul sneaky packet of them in Dunnes there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

I haven't had a spice burger since 2006, but when I read the paper about a week ago and saw the ad about the spice burger being back.

I went down to the chippy and bought one and had my first spice burger in three years!

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

After reading this thread, I got so hungry that I went to my local chippy and got a you-know-what, which I am in the process of eating :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Desthecelt

I've lived in England for 20 years and everytime I come home I always buy a pack of spiceburgers to take back with me. When I was over 3 weeks ago and heard that the spiceburger was gone I couldn't believe it. Travelling back to England with no spiceburgers was devastating. It was like the pope had died. Well you can imagine my joy when my brother texted me to say the spiceburger was back. What fantastic news!:D

In future I'm going to bring back 2 feckin packs to help keep them going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 streelish

The Irish Times recently listed the items Irish people miss most when away from home--TK Lemonade, Tayto etc. Well, I left Ireland 20 years ago and the thing I miss most is the spice burgers. I used to drive to a chipper after getting off the plane just to have one. And yes, they do taste like deep-fried stuffing: that's what makes them so great. I'm thrilled there's been a reprieve. My family's nice but I'm not sure I'd go back if there were no spice burgers! My husband hates them. He misses smoked cod--UGH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 streelish

I never knew you could buy them frozen but I suppose I'd never get through customs with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Why wouldn't you ?

Irish customs aren't waiting at Dublin Airport with sunglasses and dodgy fake moustaches just waiting to pounce on the one poor sucker trying to leave the country with 6 spice burgers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I saw a few packs of Walshes spice burgers on the Tesco Clearance shelf the other day, not a good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish I could have experienced this spice bruger :'(.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

has anyone else heard about the newest spice burger furore?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0825/spiceburger.html

certaintly making headlines these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Is there any news of this saga???...

It was due back in the High Court for a full hearing yesterday (9th), wasn't it???... Can't find any news of the outcome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Wish I could have experienced this spice bruger :'(.
    They are on sale in most tescos and dunnes these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Darthvadar wrote: »
    Is there any news of this saga???...

It was due back in the High Court for a full hearing yesterday (9th), wasn't it???... Can't find any news of the outcome...

I think they reached a settlement. I tried these a couple of weeks back after all the publicity and I wasn't too impressed tbh. I recommend the frikkedellen from Aldi which is kind of the same thing but way nicer.

Advertisement