Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Orim wrote: »
    Good to know. I generally do everything from crouched as well. It's the charge character standard. "Down-back all day, everyday."

Whats the difference between crouching and standing block lads??. Is there less block advantage from crouching or am i missing something. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you are crouched, I think it takes an extra frame to stand up...

You see it all the time with ultra grabs like Gief and Hawks when they go for the 720 ultra. If the opponent is crouching, its going to hit. If they are standing, they probably will jump away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kirby wrote: »
    If you are crouched, I think it takes an extra frame to stand up...

You see it all the time with ultra grabs like Gief and Hawks when they go for the 720 ultra. If the opponent is crouching, its going to hit. If they are standing, they probably will jump away.

that's not how it works at all, gief and hawk's ultras are 0-frame, if you're standing doing nothing and they 720, it'll hit you guaranteed.

in some games such as 3rd strike crouch blocking gets you extra hitstun, i dunno if it's the same in sf4 but you can do some weird combos on blocking people like cr. mp x 3 with ryu on viper (due to hitbox i think).

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah all the command grab ultra's bar Balrogs are 0 frame start up well 1+0 (1 frame for the flash zero frames start up) so with the exception of Balrogs you can't jump away on reaction, you need to have already move or input the command for a move that puts you airborne.

I think Seth Killian said a while back before SSF IV release that crouchers could not jump away from Balrogs ultra's after the flash but that proved to be false. Still probably where some people get the idea from.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think you can jump away from Honda's aswell.

And dhalsims. Although sims frames depends on how much he is off the ground. It's not exact.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you can jump away from Ibuki's too?

edit: You can't jump away from Honda's Kirby, honestly it doesn't take a genius to look this up, just go to the frame data page and if it says 1+0, you can't jump away. Honda's however has awful range so it looks like people get away a lot more.

edit 2: Dhalsim's is 1+4, you can always jump away if you're just standing there doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Guy's command grab U2 has a 3f startup as well, or something along the lines of that. Is jumpable though

Yeah Guy and Ibuki have a start up 1+1 on their grab ultra's so they can be jumped out of after the flash.

Dhalsim's is 1+4 so can be avoided as well.

As for the character with the instant start up command grabs. Sometimes players will input the jump command just before it and their stance hardly seems to change so it looks like they jumped out of grab afterwards, but really it was that they where already in the pre jump frames which can't be thrown.

Muhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Muhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL gwan Azza :d

The Dan balance of the universe is restored.

Next time you two are a tournament I should record a FT5 Dan off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A *TRUE* Dan would've finished with chip Gadouken->Super Taunt cancel :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Couple of matches with me and red. Have a couple with tetly to go up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

lol u showed that teabag with a classy time out
    defo the way to go with him anyway

Placebo wrote: »
    lol u showed that teabag with a classy time out
    defo the way to go with him anyway

lol ye, he cant do much when chun has super. I messed up super though on the blocked over head and got hasan shu instead

why does super work so great on him, is it the 0 frames?
    is it the lk one?

why does super work so great on him, is it the 0 frames?
    is it the lk one?

Mk is supposed to be 1 frame in super, thats what I use. It punishes most of his rush punches and his sweep.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Bush80 wrote: »
    Mk is supposed to be 1 frame in super, thats what I use. It punishes most of his rush punches and his sweep.

Is there different startup frames for chuns lk, mk and rh super???. This frame data app says 1+1 startup but doesn't say on which kick. I'll def start using mk if it's 1 frame!

Its new in super. Some people say it isnt true, aka red. I remember reading a list of new stuff it can punish though. I just use mk anyway in case is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Bush80 wrote: »
    Its new in super. Some people say it isnt true, aka red. I remember reading a list of new stuff it can punish though. I just use mk anyway in case is true.

I tested it after I said that, mk is 1 frame, lk and hk are 2 frames.

• Advertisement

it doesnt do much damage though, would it be better to leave it for ex legs etc ? against boxer, i wudnt super anyone else tbh.

Its not really about the damage, he cant really do anything you have super. Just use combos that end in fp instead of ex legs.

combo you do there on boxer, cr.lk cr.lp cr.lp st.hp
    are you plinking ?

because cr.lp cr.lk cr.lp st.lp st.fp that doesnt require plinking but only works on some chars

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

combo you do there on boxer, cr.lk cr.lp cr.lp st.hp
    are you plinking ?

because cr.lp cr.lk cr.lp st.lp st.fp that doesnt require plinking but only works on some chars

Nothing in the game requires plinking Farz. it's just a tool to give one more frame in timing to a combo.

i know that but i was wondering if he uses it for that particular combo as some of them require stricter timing and are only practical with plinking

Ye I plink that combo

both those combos are easy as heck without plinking anyway

Funny one with sagat08. Godlike comeback :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

A match between me and bourkenator. This is about 3 weeks old but I put it up as it was saved in my battle logs. Just putting it here for the record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Decided to record some games with Tin on GGPO this evening

Lack of sound was due to my Fraps xD

Anyway, there was some input lag and Tin said he was ****ed up a lot of ****, so definitely have to give him the benefit of the doubt given how he plays offline :eek: (and this is online afterall)

Some good stuff in here, keep watching for a neat surprise at the end :eek:

Advertisement