Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I really like the stills (dramatic Chun poses) you used for the first two videos Bush.....a Frazetta fan, perhaps!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's a choice between 3 stills when you upload a video and most people don't change from the default one (which is usually somewhere in the middle of the video). Although I do like that I'm being raped in every still :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    There's a choice between 3 stills when you upload a video and most people don't change from the default one (which is usually somewhere in the middle of the video). Although I do like that I'm being raped in every still :P

Ye I dont change them. Its weird how cammy is always standing over a dead body though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nice use of hosanka in the first video bush ! ;):pac::pac::pac::P

Placebo wrote: »
    nice use of hosanka in the first video bush ! ;):pac::pac::pac::P

What you on about farz? :pac:

• Advertisement

you told me to pick it against atrak's honda.

you told me to pick it against atrak's honda.

Ye he cant use any headbutts when you have it. I wasnt really saying you should use ultra 1. Was just saying I like it instead of ultra 2.

It's by far the better option in that match-up Farz. He doesn't use it because I know not to headbutt. It didn't get physically used, but it was hanging over me as soon as he gets it.

It's by far the better option in that match-up Farz. He doesn't use it because I know not to headbutt. It didn't get physically used, but it was hanging over me as soon as he gets it.

no smart honda would long range head butt tbh, if they do, its at close range and not randomly, so since thats done at close range so fast, im more than likley not in the mind set to charge that quickly

no smart honda would long range head butt tbh, if they do, its at close range and not randomly, so since thats done at close range so fast, im more than likley not in the mind set to charge that quickly

Its not about landing the ultra its about taking a move away from honda. I know if chun picks ultra 2 against me when im using blanka ill ball them to death and i dont see why honda wouldnt either

• Advertisement

actually thats a huge factor, same as why i think dans wrong telling me to use U2 against ryu. totally slipped my mind, dont play hondas enough :)

actually thats a huge factor, same as why i think dans wrong telling me to use U2 against ryu. totally slipped my mind, dont play hondas enough :)

Bush is entirely right, if you haven't picked U1, I will headbutt all day. You want some 1 on 1 games tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Bush80 wrote: »
    Its not about landing the ultra its about taking a move away from honda. I know if chun picks ultra 2 against me when im using blanka ill ball them to death and i dont see why honda wouldnt either

Careful with that. Chun can Kikoken > Kiksho a blanka ball.

Bush is entirely right, if you haven't picked U1, I will headbutt all day. You want some 1 on 1 games tonight?

yes i do

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Chun's U2 can still punish HP and MP Headbutt. Cant punish LP or EX but random EX would be a waste of meter anyway

random, defensive u2's at close range are risky, u can get hit in the first few frames

GorySnake wrote: »
    Chun's U2 can still punish HP and MP Headbutt. Cant punish LP or EX but random EX would be a waste of meter anyway

Not a total waste, a random EX is often too fast to react to (other than blocking) and allows Honda to close distance with Chun, which is the hardest part of the match-up. Taking that away with U1 makes the match-up far harder.

random, defensive u2's at close range are risky, u can get hit in the first few frames

On block you can punish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

lol, it's called a punish, look it up sometime :pac:

errrrrrrrrr ?

i'm talking about doing an ultra randomly, [i.e on wake up] an ex srk/headbutt will go through and hit chunli.

• Advertisement

You cant punish headbutss with ultra 2 :confused:

Yeah I didn't think so either. Meant to check last night but forgot.

Did you try punishing HP headbutt with HK? I just can't it to work at all.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He's talking about pulling a random ultra with chun, and someone will have say already started a headbutt.

Sometimes the headbutt will trade with the the ultra for 1 hit despite the ultra-ing player "predicting" you correctly. Just bad luck/timing with the invincibility frames.

Used to happen with flash explosion all the time.

Ye but gory is saying you can punish on block. You cant.

Oh.

Nothing to see here.

(Kinda suprised though, SH can punish a h headbutt on block)

EDIT: kikiosho takes 2 more frames than sh to start up, the timing is kinda tight so I guess that could be it.

why you posting after me without a quote then,
    why i otta :pac::pac::pac:

enough discussion, no videos for the past 2 pages.

why you posting after me without a quote then,
    why i otta :pac::pac::pac:

enough discussion, no videos for the past 2 pages.

Fine.

I've started imitating other vid makers.

Here's a why you shouldn't video:

:P

OK let me explain

Chun U2 Startup: 1+9f

LP Headbutt: -9f
    MP Headbutt: -13f
    HP Headbutt: -16f
    EX Headbutt: -8f

U2 can punish MP+HP, cannot punish LP+EX

Chun leans forward enough to just barely hit Honda with U2 after a MP+HP Headbutt.

Honda players seem to forget how punishable those moves are.

GorySnake wrote: »
    OK let me explain

Chun U2 Startup: 1+9f

LP Headbutt: -9f
    MP Headbutt: -13f
    HP Headbutt: -16f
    EX Headbutt: -8f

U2 can punish MP+HP, cannot punish LP+EX

Chun leans forward enough to just barely hit Honda with U2 after a MP+HP Headbutt.

Honda players seem to forget how punishable those moves are.

Sorry you are right. You need to be standing it seems, I always test everything from crouched for some reason.

• Advertisement

Sorry you are right. You need to be standing it seems, I always test everything from crouched for some reason.

Good to know. I generally do everything from crouched as well. It's the charge character standard. "Down-back all day, everyday."

Advertisement