Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Fighting Game Match Replays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BanjoB wrote: »
    So I've got everythin working and recorded a 5 min match with s-video and im happy with the quality. Problem is the file size is almost 6 gig!!.

Can any one tell me the best way of compressing these big files before uploading to youtube??.

Cheers lads.

I use mpeg streamclip H264 25% compression usually does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

http://www.squared5.com/

Use that

Export to mp4

Quality 100%
    Limit data rate 6 mbps ( Or dont limit at all if you dont mind bigger files)
    1280 X 720
    Deinterlace video

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I use mpeg streamclip H264 25% compression usually does the trick.
    Bush80 wrote: »
    http://www.squared5.com/

Use that

Export to mp4

Quality 100%
    Limit data rate 6 mbps ( Or dont limit at all if you dont mind bigger files)
    1280 X 720
    Deinterlace video

Thanks lads. Ill check em out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

virtualdub is great for compressing too. But only for .avi

So is a program called 'super' if you want other formats.

Depending on the quality of the vid , I'll often compress with xvid using virtual dub before uploading to youtube.

Streamclip also lets you do really simple editing as well, and lets you clip and resize very easily. It's damn good for something that's free.

If you use the settings Bush recommend you'll "fool" youtube into thinking it's a HD video and it should play in the same quality as you upload (myself and sisko went through some head scratching on that one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

If any of ye have a mac, QuickTime in 10.6 lets you do lots of basic editing.
    Press Apple+t to trim a clip, and i usually save it as iPhone for upload to youtube, but you can chose different sizes.
    It will also let you directly upload to youtube from the app aswell.

PPC wrote: »
    If any of ye have a mac, QuickTime in 10.6 lets you do lots of basic editing.
    Press Apple+t to trim a clip, and i usually save it as iPhone for upload to youtube, but you can chose different sizes.
    It will also let you directly upload to youtube from the app aswell.

Would you use that before iMovie?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

When I open mpeg streamclip and load the recording, I just get a blank screen but the sound is fine???. It's a .avi file and I tryed other .avi files and they load no problem..
    This one definately has me scratching my head. I captured the recording with ulead so maybe it doesn't properly create an avi file or something.
    :confused:

BanjoB wrote: »
    When I open mpeg streamclip and load the recording, I just get a blank screen but the sound is fine???. It's a .avi file and I tryed other .avi files and they load no problem..
    This one definately has me scratching my head. I captured the recording with ulead so maybe it doesn't properly create an avi file or something.
    :confused:

Oh ye forgot to say you need to change the capture settings to RGB24 for streamclip to read the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Would you use that before iMovie?

Yeah, i haven't really bothered with iMovie, QuickTime is quick and easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey, I can get the Composite video to come up in Virtual dub, but S-video doesn't work, and when I go to video sources I get a greyed out "No Video Sources". Anyone have any idea? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Seems I was sold a DC60.....and you guys have a DC60+. Seems to be the root of my problems with getting it to work as the DC60 cant do NTSC 433 which is needed to get it to work properly. I bought it off DealExtreme like many of you so this is a bit annoying.

So im stuck with black and white....or in colour with major flickering. Which isnt playable on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Kirby wrote: »
    Seems I was sold a DC60.....and you guys have a DC60+. Seems to be the root of my problems with getting it to work as the DC60 cant do NTSC 433 which is needed to get it to work properly. I bought it off DealExtreme like many of you so this is a bit annoying.

So im stuck with black and white....or in colour with major flickering. Which isnt playable on. :(

are you still using s-video?

No. S-video wouldnt work at all for me. Blank screen. Composite worked somewhat, but as I said the flickering and tearing was awful.

Seems I was sold a DC60.....and you guys have a DC60+.

Mine is dc60 and works ok. ssf4 can run on pal50 in colour so its fine for capturing.
    The eascayp is weird. Sometimes it doesnt recognize my svideo. I switch to composite and then back to svideo and it usually works. If not I reboot my laptop, ususally works.

I do get tearing too. Not sure how to get rid of that but it isnt so bad since sf is 2d.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

So im stuck with black and white....:(

Is that from the s-video cable? I'm not sure if its related but i had a similar issue trying to hook my laptop up to my tv using s-video (just to watch movies and stuff). The picture would be in black and white. I bought this in maplins to convert to composite and the picture was in colour! (though the quality is no longer s-video quality)

Not sure if this will make things any better for you but it should fix black and white issues

Bush80 wrote: »
    Mine is dc60 and works ok. ssf4 can run on pal50 in colour so its fine for capturing.

As I said, I can get it in colour on pal50 but the screen spazzes out and flickers all over the place. Its not a software setting because I've been over that. Its either the easycap itself or is a connection fault with the wire. with the dc60+ you can capture pal60.

Some videos of me and cobelcog from the other night. Check out the ridiculous cannon spike in the 4th video :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Before anything else, I'd like to point out the fact that 3/4 preview screens involve me winning a round.

Now to watch the probably biased matches that make bush look good and me look bad.

I expect that 50p next Inferno at the latest.

Cobelcog wrote: »
    Before anything else, I'd like to point out the fact that 3/4 preview screens involve me winning a round.

Ye lol.

I thought I remembered you getting a perfect and I was going to upload that but I got bored looking for it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Bah, damn your impatience! Though the bit where you just jumped into my Cannon Spike is in there so it's okay :pac:

Anyone seen this before?

It looks like he had turbo on his d pad or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Anyone seen this before?

It looks like he had turbo on his d pad or something?
    At least you beat his crap ass. Just out of interest, what made you check his inputs? It's not like he was good or anything...

That said, there's definitely some kind of voodoo going down with his controller.

Ken B wrote: »
    At least you beat his crap ass. Just out of interest, what made you check his inputs? It's not like he was good or anything...

That said, there's definitely some kind of voodoo going down with his controller.

I was genuinely interested in how he was doing the little vibrating thing in the second round. I had never seen anything like it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I was genuinely interested in how he was doing the little vibrating thing in the second round. I had never seen anything like it before.
    That was some weird crap alright! lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Doom do you have anymore videos form Doc ST?

The one you have up with my name on it isn't me.

Doom do you have anymore videos form Doc ST?

The one you have up with my name on it isn't me.

Yup I have a few more.

don't worry abou that I upload then title correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roy nelson

me and stavanger where talking about how much bush and his mates focus attack, he made a real good point about the systems.

Dont mind stavanger, he dont know nothing about me and my mates focus attacks

• Advertisement

Some matches with dark onion

This one is just to show how easy mode cammy is :pac:

Advertisement